TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

TNA Impact - March 19, 2009

TNA spoilers for this Thursday 3/19 from Orlando, Florida:

*The Main Event Mafia come out to the ring. Kurt Angle said that everything he predicted for Destination X came true and that it was the biggest screwjob since Montreal. Yes, since Montreal. Sting tells Angle that he has been loyal to the Mafia but it's Angle he has a problem with. Nash sides with Sting and says that he owed Angle nothing. Nash says that he does owe the rest of them something since the last two PPVs, Sting has had his hands raised by Mick Foley. Sting asks Nash what does he want him to do. Angle says he wants Sting to be his partner tonight against Mick Foley and Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett comes out and reminds Angle that he is just a wrestler, not a member of management and he doesn't make the matches. Angle says Jarrett is just trying to protect Sting, that Sting is a liar and Foley is on the inactive list. Foley comes out and asks Sting if he is the decider and that he never ever said he's wrestled his last match. Foley says he's in for the main event. Angle tells Jarrett to "Man Up" (Briscoes, represent yo). Jarrett accepts and said it all ends tonight.

*Scott Steiner wore a hoodie over his face to mask whatever Samoa Joe "did to him" at the PPV.

Team No Limit defeated The Motor City Machineguns. Beer Money attacks No Limit and lays them out. Robert Roode takes the mic and says they want to apologize to Team 3D for how they acted last night at the PPV. He says that he knows Team 3D is going to ask for a rematch at Lockdown and that's what they want, a rematch in Philadelphia inside the Six Sides of Steel. He said that when they beat 3D in Philly, they will finally get the respect they deserve. Brother Ray comes out and offers to put the IWGP Tag Team belts against the TNA Tag belts in a battle for true dominance. Ray said when they win, they'll be 22 time tag team champions. Storm says it won't be an off the wagon challenge because they want 3D around to know that they used to be the best, but now its Beer Money. All four have a staredown.

*Taylor Wilde & ODB defeated Raisha Saied & TNA Knockouts champ Awesome Kong when Wilde pinned Kong. Kong attacked ODB afterwards and was beating her when Cody Deaner came from the crowd for the save.

*Jim Cornette interviewed TNA Legends champion AJ Styles. He congratulates Styles for winning the belt and said that after all the Main Event Mafia has done, Styles got a piece back for the Frontline. Booker T comes out and says that if Styles is going to defend the belt against anyone, it's him. He calls Styles a paper champion. Styles tells Booker that he's not going to do anything. Sharmell claims that AJ stole the title and Booker will get it back on his own time.

*The Governor defeated Madison Rayne. The Beautiful People attacked the Governor and Rayne cut some of her hair.

*Jeff Jarrett and Mick Foley defeated TNA champion Sting & Kurt Angle. Jeff Jarrett was going to hit Angle with his guitar but Sting grabbed it. Foley nailed Sting with a chair and pinned him.

*Sting grabs the mic and said he he wanted back in the ring, he should have said it. Sting said he saw Foley say two weeks ago that Sting made his career on "Hardcore History" , but now Sting is going to end it. He challenges Foley to a match at Lockdown.

One presumes Foley turned heel although the spoilers don't make it clear how everyone else sells it.

a foley heel turn..

I thought I saw it coming last night, was relieved that it didn't happen and now I read this :(

As HTQ said, nothing says Foley turned heel. It just says he hit Sting with a chair after Sting prevented Jarrett from hitting Angle with the guitar.

Did Foley joint he MEM or was this just him doing this on his own? It didn't make much sense from all that went down. I'll just DVR this show anyway with the tourney on.

Why are you asking a question that we don't know? Did you read the spoilers? It doesn't really why Foley did it, just that he hit Sting with a chair.

Two of my favorites wrestling again. With the way Sting has been working the last few months since his knee injury and surgery and the way Foley's been looking this could be a bad match. However, Sting has done some good stuff recently with Joe and AJ and Foley always brings it for big matches so maybe it'll be something good.

Foley probably just hit Sting with a chair because he's Mick Foley - HARDCORE LEGEND!

I doubt it's a heel turn, just building up to the cage match.

^This.

Russo has always said that he writes characters to do actions that there characters would do, not what a heel or face would do. Wether that works or not is a different matter, but this is not a Foley heel turn.

Whatever it ends up being, I'm sure Foley can cut a promo to make it work.

Meanwhile...I'm really happy that the Beer Money/3D double title match isn't an Off the Wagon challenge because that would give away the ending already.

I figure that 3D still wins since it's Lockdown and faces usually win the big matches...but at least there is a little mystery involved since Beer Money worked for New Japan and they want to bring them back so them winning the IWGP titles isn't as impossible as it would be had they not started a working relationship there. Also...3D has never lost in Japan (at least that's what they say) and this would be a way to get the titles off of them without them having to give that up.

Two of my favorites wrestling again. With the way Sting has been working the last few months since his knee injury and surgery and the way Foley's been looking this could be a bad match. However, Sting has done some good stuff recently with Joe and AJ and Foley always brings it for big matches so maybe it'll be something good.

Sting was GASSED and sucking air like 3 minutes into his match with Kurt this at Destination X

Sting was GASSED and sucking air like 3 minutes into his match with Kurt this at Destination X

Well it happens to everyone on occasion. I mean you have your ironmen like Angle, Flair, and Hart who I don't think ever gassed out. But when you got a guy who probably can't train cardio a whole lot due to a knee injury, him sucking air ain't much of a surprise. I don't see why they don't have him drop the belt rehab the knee for a few months so he can go out and wrestle a few final matches in the type of condition he was pre-2009.

Sting vs. Mick Foley. Just what we fucking need to see. Shame this piece of shit match is gonna be in Philly, I feel sorry for Temple University.

I can understand a ton of criticism towards the company for what they do, don't know, etc, but cmon, Foley/Sting a piece of shit match? It's one of the few gem ideas of a money making match they have left. Whether the match will be good or not is up to debate, but it's certainly a much better main event match than we have seen in TNA for many many months.

I don't see your point. A wrestler needing some time to get air or "gassing out" happens. It's quite normal. We may not see it all the time, but it can happen to just about anyone. Even "gassed out" Sting was still busting his ass as hard as he could in that match with Angle. It may have not looked pretty but Sting did what he had to do.

I don't see your point. A wrestler needing some time to get air or "gassing out" happens. It's quite normal. We may not see it all the time, but it can happen to just about anyone. Even "gassed out" Sting was still busting his ass as hard as he could in that match with Angle. It may have not looked pretty but Sting did what he had to do.

My point is the guy's over the hill and obviously can't go any more...he's a fraction of what he once was and needs to hang up the tights before whoring himself out deep into his 50s like Flair and so many other guys who don't know how to let go.

There is a HUGE difference in sucking air 10-15 minutes into a match and doing it 3-4 minutes into a 10 minute match and if you can't see that nothing I could say would help you realize it..

I don't see why they don't have him drop the belt rehab the knee for a few months so he can go out and wrestle a few final matches in the type of condition he was pre-2009.

I agree there...give the man 90 days off to get himself together for his last run. Talent relations is already planning on losing him, steiner and nash this year to retirement due to injuries.

My point is the guy's over the hill and obviously can't go any more...he's a fraction of what he once was and needs to hang up the tights before whoring himself out deep into his 50s like Flair and so many other guys who don't know how to let go.

There is a HUGE difference in sucking air 10-15 minutes into a match and doing it 3-4 minutes into a 10 minute match and if you can't see that nothing I could say would help you realize it..

That doesn't even make sense. If a wrestler is blown up, they're gonna be blown up. It doesn't matter when it happens during a match, it could be the start, the middle, or the finish. Any wrestler can be blown up at any given time after a match. It has nothing to do with age or whatever. It just happens from time to time.

A wrestler can be blown up at any point, but if he's gassing out after only three minutes, then there are probably things he needs to work on because he's clearly either not in shape or not able to get in shape. That's the point he's trying to make; that Sting, for whatever reason, isn't in good shape, and he should probably take care of that.

The fact that he's fifty years old probably has something to do with that.

Sting has been in much better shape over the past year. It really is unusual for him to get tired so quickly, which you can probably attribute to his knee problems not allowing for cardio work. As has been said, give him a break to rest up the knees and get cardio back, and he'll be fine.

A wrestler can be blown up at any point, but if he's gassing out after only three minutes, then there are probably things he needs to work on because he's clearly either not in shape or not able to get in shape. That's the point he's trying to make; that Sting, for whatever reason, isn't in good shape, and he should probably take care of that.

Oh ok. You made that a lot more understandable.

Thanks a ton HTQ

Maybe I should keep my posting limited to after I'm already awake and my brain is firing on all cylinders :P

What, no talk yet about that hilariously awful Joe stuff? The guy is supposed to wrestle Bashir, but drags him to the back, ties him upside down, and threatens him with a knife. Has Joe been watching a lot of 24 lately, or is he a big Liam Neeson (Taken) fan?

What, no talk yet about that hilariously awful Joe stuff? The guy is supposed to wrestle Bashir, but drags him to the back, ties him upside down, and threatens him with a knife. Has Joe been watching a lot of 24 lately, or is he a big Liam Neeson (Taken) fan?

Yeah, this new Joe gimmick is a little crazy but I think it's a lot better than what he was doing before. As much as people wanna deny it, Joe's look is a huge problem. There's nothing that stands out about him...Yes, the way TNA booked him didn't help but the bottom line is that casual fans won't really buy into a fat, average looking man with average promo skills who likes to pretend he's a MMA fighter when it's pretty obvious that any average MMA star would destroy him in a real fight. This new gimmick atleast makes him stand out a bit....I can buy into crazy, knife-wielding Joe a lot more than wanna-be MMA fighter Samoe Joe who's offense looks fake as shit.