TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

Kurt Angle was on the Danny Bonaduce Show and apparently said the main event of Lockdown will be Team Angle vs. Team Jarrett. The question now is which nonsensical turn, Sting or Foley, sets this up.

It could have nothing to do with Foley or Sting at all since the Jarrett/Angle feud is kind of a seperate deal. Kind of ridiculous you use that to just try to throw a jab at the company regarding "nonsensical turn". In fact, for Lockdown, they could still have Styles/Booker, Joe/Nash, and Foley/Sting as seperate matches and then do Team Jarrett v. Team Angle for Lethal Lockdown.

Kurt Angle was on the Danny Bonaduce Show and apparently said the main event of Lockdown will be Team Angle vs. Team Jarrett. The question now is which nonsensical turn, Sting or Foley, sets this up.

It could have nothing to do with Foley or Sting at all since the Jarrett/Angle feud is kind of a seperate deal. Kind of ridiculous you use that to just try to throw a jab at the company regarding "nonsensical turn". In fact, for Lockdown, they could still have Styles/Booker, Joe/Nash, and Foley/Sting as seperate matches and then do Team Jarrett v. Team Angle for Lethal Lockdown.

That someone still has such blind faith in TNA is amazing.

This has nothing to do with "blind faith" - in fact, I could really care less about the company at this point since it's spinning it's wheels. It has to do that you will take a jab at the company when it's not even warranted. I was just simply saying that the idea of a Lethal Lockdown match with Jarrett and Angle captaining two teams doesn't have anything to do with the Foley/Sting possibilities of a turn from one or the other. Can't you see that?

Its been almost 2 years 6 months since Kurt Angle joined TNA. At the time it was one of the biggest things to have happened in wrestling for a long time for me. I remember me and my mate avoiding all internet rumors about who TNA had signed, so when we saw it live we were totally stunned. We didn't believe it first, but then it sunk in and we thought 'this is it'. This is the moment TNA needed to take them to the next level.

Looking back... the signing of Kurt Angle didn't do anything. I know I shouldn't have been surprised. Sting didn't do anything, the other legends didn't do much either, but this was Kurt Angle. He's a current modern Superstar, who should have really gave TNA a catalyst, but no...

What's amazing is someone who continues watching a wrestling show that, week after week, they absolutely hate.

IDENTITY OF NEW TNA CHARACTER ANDROMEDA

by Mike Johnson

The new TNA character Andromeda is Mexican talent Cassandro coming in under a new ring name, not Rob Terry as I theorized last night.

Cassandro worked a dark match at the TNA tapings a few weeks back and is expected to appear at this week's tapings.

Cassandro profile

Yes, Cassandro does a transvestite gimmick.

Don't know if its been mentioned, but Booker's holding a legend's convention in Houston with some TNA guys the weekend of Wrestlemania.

Booker T's Legends of Wrestling Fanfest

Sting, Nash, Joe, Team 3D, Beautiful People, and Christy Hemme will all be there.

Stan Hansen, DDP and Kimberly, Ernest Miller, Jake Roberts, Lita, Brian Knobs, Jimmy Hart and Rikishi are supposed to be there as well. Tully Blanchard, Iceman Parsons, Rockin Robin, Missy Hyatt, and Baby Doll are all vendor guests. They had a few others but WWE pulled them from the show.

They're holding right before Ring of Honor's show in the same arena. Torch says Booker and ROH have a agreement.

I would assume that WWE reached out to her but who knows? She could have committed to Booker and feel wrong about going back on it. Money talks and WM 25 is certainly appealing but sometimes integrity or loyalty wins out.

Still, I'd assume WWE would want her and that they could offer enough money to make her have to turn Booker down, and Booker understand the situation.

Don't know if its been mentioned, but Booker's holding a legend's convention in Houston with some TNA guys the weekend of Wrestlemania.

Sting, Nash, Joe, Team 3D, Beautiful People, and Christy Hemme will all be there.

Stan Hansen, DDP and Kimberly, Ernest Miller, Jake Roberts, Lita, Brian Knobs, Jimmy Hart and Rikishi are supposed to be there as well. Tully Blanchard, Iceman Parsons, Rockin Robin, Missy Hyatt, and Baby Doll are all vendor guests. They had a few others but WWE pulled them from the show.

They're holding right before Ring of Honor's show in the same arena. Torch says Booker and ROH have a agreement.

I know its very fanboyish and impractical, but I would love if this could lead to some sort of TNA/ROH cross promotion.

I know its very fanboyish and impractical, but I would love if this could lead to some sort of TNA/ROH cross promotion.

I'm not sure about that, they've built and destroyed so many bridges over the last few years I think they'd probably prefer to just keep to themselves.

TOP DIVA FROM ATTITUDE ERA SAYS SHE'S WON'T BE AT WRESTLEMANIA

by Mike Johnson

Amy "Lita" Dumas has emailed fans that have contacted her via The Luchagor's Myspace.com account noting that she will not be making any appearances as part of Wrestlemania XXV weekend except for a scheduled signing at Booker T's Legends of Wrestling Fanfest charity event on Friday 4/3.

Looks like Dumas showed loyalty after all; I'm sure she would have made more with WWE.

I went to the TNA house show last night in Shepherdsville, which is just 15 minutes outside Louisville. The show was at a podunk convention center that held about 1000 people. It was a bush league venue that seemed like an indie show more than a nationally televised company. They didn't even have a real ticket office, just a few people with tables selling tickets. Of course they were out of the cheapest 20.00 seats so I had to fork over 35.00 for 3 people (technically 65.00 myself, 40.00 for my friend and his fiancee since I told them tickets were 20.00 and that's all the cash they brought...he owes me pizza or something). They didn't even take credit cards, not even a hand held credit card type deal. Just cash. So that put us in a crap mood before the show even started.

Here's what I remember about the house show as far as matches go:

--Cornette introduced things, saying basically "Sorry we couldn't be at the Gardens, but they aren't accepting new events right now. Pretend this venue isn't bush league."

--Eric Young and Shark Boy over No Limit (two Japanese guys, didn't know them). Adequate opener that got the crowd going, with the faces being over. There was a "USA" chant but the Japanese didn't really sell it or play heel that much. By the way TNA...don't call anyone No Limit. It conjures up memories of Master P and Co.

--Brutus Magnus over Shane Sewell. Crappy match, but I must admit Magnus cracked me up with his prematch promo putting over Villanova, saying they were going to crush U of L (how'd THAT work out, Brother Bruti?). Mostly just Magnus squashing Sewell, with some token hope spots thrown in.

--Taylor Wilde and Roxxi Laveaux over Jacqueline and Sojourner Bolt. Okay Knockouts match, with Jackie doing the job in old school USWA territory. Only made sense though since she doesn't wrestle much and Bolt is in a feud with Kong. Mainly the heels worked over Roxxi and she made the hot tag.

--Booker T over Rhino. Booker did an amusing prematch promo saying he wouldn't defend his bogus belt because everyone in Shepherdsville is a fat redneck, total Memphis style stuff (and partially true...even Rhino somewhat agreed before saying "Hey, I'm a fat ass too"). Dull stuff once it began though, with Booker mostly phoning it in and doing headlocks and such. Has he studied his Orton? Booker goes over clean after an axe kick.

--Intermission. Borash hyped the crowd here and throughout the night, giving out backstage passes. I didn't want one...too afraid Samoa Joe would pull a knife on me.

--The tag title match turned into a 1 on 1 affair since James Storm was injured, not sure if this was legit. Cornette came back out and insisted Roode defend in a singles match against Lethal, Creed stood at ringside along with some DJ from 96.5, a local rap station (strange marketing with this redneck Bullitt County crowd). Best match of the show to this point, just good back and forth action and Roode hit Lethal with a chain wrapped around his hand for a pin. Cornette overturned the decision however and gave Machismo the DQ win, but then said that the titles remained with Beer Money. Since when? Doesn't TNA have that "titles change on DQs" rule?

--Abyss over Matt Morgan. I thought going in Morgan might be fairly over due to his OVW connection, but he wasn't. In fact some in the crowd derisively chanted "OVW" at him, followed by "You still stutter" and "Smackdown reject." He was the only one to elicit this sort of smark reaction. Not especially violent, probably saving it for Sunday. A chair was used but that was it. Abyss goes over clean with the Black Hole Slam.

--Main event time, Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle. Decent match but nowhere near the match Joe had with Styles here 2 years ago. A bit too much of Angle with a chinlock, similar to the Booker match in that regard, so both have studied their Orton. There were some hot reversals near the end though, with a ref bump on Hebner, kicking out of finishers, etc. Joe finally won with the muscle buster.

--After the match Angle got on the mic and thanked everyone in the area for coming out to the show and that going to TNA was the best move he'd ever made (?!). Dude, you just jobbed clean in front of 1000 people in Shepherdsville when you could be getting a 6 figure pay day at WM in a few weeks. It was nice of him, but really strange and out of character considering guys like Booker and Brutus trashed the crowd earlier.

TNA hasn't had the titles change hands on DQ rule since splitting from NWA.

I was watching the replay of Impact this past Saturday and I was wondering why the Machine Guns were teaming with the Main Event Mafia. I remember Tenay saying that the Guns were in the Frontline.

I was watching the replay of Impact this past Saturday and I was wondering why the Machine Guns were teaming with the Main Event Mafia. I remember Tenay saying that the Guns were in the Frontline.

It was just a subtle turn for them, going more heelish basically. More than they are seperating from Frontline. They weren't necessarily with the MEM, though, in terms of joining their faction or anything.

The match was Lethal and Creed vs Steiner and Booker with the two teams getting to pick 2 more partners for an 8 man tag. MCMG as the Mafia's choices was pretty obvious since they're feuding with Lethal and Creed. It was just a one time teaming but Tenay made a point to say how they're "Frontline in name only" and no Frontline member should be "bailing out" the Mafia when they couldn't find partners. The Guns have been heels for all intents and purposes for months now.

The Frontline is weird. At this stage it doesn't even appear to be a stable at all, its just some kind of random tagging like roster breakdowns in video games that are just used to sort people. There's no discernible leader. Joe and AJ don't interact with them anymore. The lower guys are feuding with each other. Rhino and the Dudleyz are just doing their own thing. They don't do those group locker room skits anymore. Its weird.

I kind of assumed that Joe and AJ would be Lethal and Creed's partners and that would help clarify the Frontline breakdown. But at this stage I really think TNA would be best served to just blow the stable up to clean up this mess and maybe save face for the face side of this feud. Joe and AJ coming out to open Impact after successful PPV wins and just saying "The Frontline failed!" and regrouping. Officially kick out the Guns, shed Rhino and the Dudleyz if they're not part of the story anymore, ignore ODB was ever there because it never made sense in the first place. Just isolate the group to whoever the hell you want to be in it. And IF the Frontline vs Mafia is the Lethal Lockdown match then it makes sense to do it using that as the motive. Regroup into a smaller team to go into the war in the cage.

Tomorrow night's Impact lineup

The show is headlined by "one of the biggest main events in the broadcast's history."

What is that match you ask. Well, it's not being announced. If it was me and I had one of the biggest main events ever, I'd probably announce it.

But we do have

Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley vs. Yujiro & Tetsuya Naito - I know they can have a great match because I've seen it, but I don't know if they can do it in 4:00

ODB & Taylor Wilde vs. Awesome Kong & Raisha Saeed

F4W

Amazing.

Sometimes I think they believe they are still doing the weekly ppvs. But even still not announcing your biggest main event in history is plain stupid. The empty arena match was well-hyped and garnered their biggest rating because of that fact.

In fairness, without looking at spoilers, knowing TNA and wrestling it seems just as likely that its ridiculous hyperbole for an underwhelming main event or a 3 minute match that ends in a giant clusterfuck. So, I mean, if it actually IS one of their biggest main events then they're dumb for not building it up properly. But if its just stupid hyperbole then its just a shameless and stupid attempt to draw in people with a mystery because the reality isn't half as interesting.

TNA likes its shameless hyperbole and false promises.

The match was Lethal and Creed vs Steiner and Booker with the two teams getting to pick 2 more partners for an 8 man tag. MCMG as the Mafia's choices was pretty obvious since they're feuding with Lethal and Creed. It was just a one time teaming but Tenay made a point to say how they're "Frontline in name only" and no Frontline member should be "bailing out" the Mafia when they couldn't find partners. The Guns have been heels for all intents and purposes for months now.

The Frontline is weird. At this stage it doesn't even appear to be a stable at all, its just some kind of random tagging like roster breakdowns in video games that are just used to sort people. There's no discernible leader. Joe and AJ don't interact with them anymore. The lower guys are feuding with each other. Rhino and the Dudleyz are just doing their own thing. They don't do those group locker room skits anymore. Its weird.

I kind of assumed that Joe and AJ would be Lethal and Creed's partners and that would help clarify the Frontline breakdown. But at this stage I really think TNA would be best served to just blow the stable up to clean up this mess and maybe save face for the face side of this feud. Joe and AJ coming out to open Impact after successful PPV wins and just saying "The Frontline failed!" and regrouping. Officially kick out the Guns, shed Rhino and the Dudleyz if they're not part of the story anymore, ignore ODB was ever there because it never made sense in the first place. Just isolate the group to whoever the hell you want to be in it. And IF the Frontline vs Mafia is the Lethal Lockdown match then it makes sense to do it using that as the motive. Regroup into a smaller team to go into the war in the cage.

Well, when the big nasty heel group seems to be getting the best of EVERYONE, it's hard to book a face group against them. Hell, it's hard to book a face group, period, and I think that is where most of the problem lies. I just don't think Russo knows how to make a face stable work, especially when it is more than four guys and it's an even bigger problem when the other group is all Main Event guys (it's in the name) and outside of Joe, AJ, and mabye Rhino/3D, none of the others involved are perceived at that level.

If they stick with the five I just mentioned and Jarrett going against the MEM, it doesn't really elevate anyone. The storyline is perfect for a brash face midcarder or two (or three) to try and fight back and take their lumps early on but in the end stand triumphant as stars. Unfortunately, that could never happen in TNA.

I can't even remember a compelling face group in wrestling the past 15 years except MAYBE the face DX (who started as heels and just got popular) and....that's it. For a face group vs. heel group storyline to work, the heels needs to have the advantage as much as possible but eventually go down in a burning ring of fire. Sadly, I can't see that happening with MEM unless Angle turns face or something (and if THAT happens, then it would be Angle turning, and not the original face group, that did the damage and that elevates no one).