TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

I don't think I have missed any shows. Was there ever officially an end to the Front Line, or did they (theoretically, off screen) just say, "Fuck it, the MEM beats us every time; let's just go our separate ways"?

Yeah, in watching Impact tonight, it appears they have kind of dropped the Frontline monikor/faction completely in a sense and now will be going back to just TNA Originals in terms of the guys for Lethal Lockdown and probably Eric Young also may be included in that group, if I was basing things off that AJ Styles promo, which kind of gave me the impression he was saying the Frontline was a "letdown" and failed the company or something.

Then again who knows, but it seemed to be suggested by that weird opening Styles promo on Impact that it was the case.

To answer your question though, nope, they never officially ended it, and the group may not even be broken up either, but at least at this point it seems like the group as a whole just kind of fizzled out and they are more focused on the core "top 5" group of babyfaces now seperately.

Taken from Rajah:

TNA Mobile subscribers received a message on Thursday stating that TNA is currently engaged in "intense negotiations with a former World Champion from another organization." The message said TNA is hoping to finalize the deal in time for the upcoming Lockdown PPV, which takes place Sunday April 19th from Philadelphia, PA.

Any ideas? I don't remember hearing of anyone coming soon...

Taz would be the first to come to mind, but remember that TNA keeps its definition of "World Champion" pretty wide so they could well be talking about a former "World Tag Team Champion" and the list could be a lot of guys.

That's true. I've just been so bored with Tazz in recent years, I just kinda forgot about him. I've heard a few things about maybe TNA before, but what role would he take? I think I remember him saying he wasn't planning on getting back in the ring. Would they throw him in with Tenay and West? They already have too manny authority figures and I couldn't really see him managing anyone.

You are probably right though. It's probably someone who held a World Tag title somewhere. Ken(ny Dykstra) Doane should be just about ready...

Taken from Rajah:

TNA Mobile subscribers received a message on Thursday stating that TNA is currently engaged in "intense negotiations with a former World Champion from another organization." The message said TNA is hoping to finalize the deal in time for the upcoming Lockdown PPV, which takes place Sunday April 19th from Philadelphia, PA.

Any ideas? I don't remember hearing of anyone coming soon...

Ayako Hamada is debuting soon. It could be her.

I don't watch a lot of TNA, but I looking at random video clips on Youtube. Saw a clip of (Super) Eric Young, Death Valley Driver-ing Rellik and Black Reign at the same time. That's a fucking impressive feat of strength for someone of Eric's size.

Seems like the #1 problem for TNA right now is lack of credible faces/lack of ability to build credible faces. The Sting/Foley thing's been a fun program but Foley looks so old and out of shape that it can only last about 1 month tops without getting ridiculous. And the other two top faces at the moment, Jarrett and Sting are both way too old to carry things very long. They really need to give a focused build to someone as the top face of the future really soon.

The question is who? They seem to be trying to push Joe somewhat, but his promo skills are lacking and his physical shape's pretty bad, even ignoring all the problems with the new gimmick. I mean how can you not laugh at a guy when his fake tattoo rubs off in the middle of the ring? And Styles has been buried so long that I can't see him becoming a credible #1 face any time in the near future.

One thing I kinda wonder is why they haven't gone after RVD. He's got a monster fanbase and he is at least still in his 30s in decent shape to work for a while. If they had him go through the MEM and then take the title, I think he'd be massively, massively over. He'd be a great fit for TNA too because he can get over on his ring work even when he's written poorly. Especially with TNA's profile raising lately, I don't see why he wouldn't be willing to work there.

If they are looking in-house, the only person I can really see rising to that role right now is Christopher Daniels. He's got the crediblity as a "TNA original" that would fit the current storylines perfectly and he always gets super over no matter what gimmick they stick him with. I think they could make a pretty good storyline about him leveraging the X division title to get back into TNA if they unmasked him as Suicide and then eventually let him rise the ladder among the MEM before eventually taking the title.

Thoughts? I think the important thing is just that they do something. If they keep trying to ride it out with Sting as he turns 50 and his body breaks down, I think it's going to really inhibit their growth. Someone else needs to be pushed as a top star and it needs to be done fairly quickly.

Taz's has posted his Facebook message like he promised.

Yo,

Well, after leaving WWE recently, I would like to make my first public comments here on the page. I would like to thank the Pro Wrestling fan base for the support through all my years with ECW & WWE! I especially want to thank all of you on this Facebook fan page from all over the world! I try to read most of your comments and I am truly flattered on how many of you supported what I did in the real ECW and my broadcasting accomplishments in WWE. Lets face it, after my debut at MSG vs the great Kurt Angle their wasn't much for me to "hang my hat on" as a wrestler during my tenure wrestling for WWE.

Now, I want to clear up some "true & false" for all of you....

TRUE

-My contract expired the end of March and I had given my notice several weeks prior

-I ask WWE for my release to pursue other interest

-I offered to call Wrestlemania while I was not contractually obligated....and offered to call the show for free to the company.

-I have fulfilled EVERY obligation to the WWE, and pride myself on leaving the proper/professional way.

-On my way out, from Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn & Stephanie ALL treated me great...which was cool.

-I APPRECIATE all of the offers for appearances but right now I'm just doing very few appearances (if any). I'm gonna chill out and watch my kid hit baseballs.

-I am done wrestling. At 41 years old, several neck and shoulder issues...not happening. I would be a former shell of myself.

-I too have hated the extra "Z"

FALSE

-Burnout (If anything, I'm more inspired & motivated now than ever)

Hopefully that clears up some things people were saying in regards to my situation. Also, I have had the opportunity of becoming friends with so many talented & awesome people within the WWE while working there for nearly 10 years and will miss many of them! I would like to thank the writers, road & studio crew and all the talent...especially guys I have a closer friendship with.

I especially want thank three of the main play by play guys I've work with.

Joey Styles

-A dear friend whom I've been goombas with for 15 years and will stay friends with! I felt Joey never had a chance to truly be "Joey Styles" in WWE as an announce talent...that's a shame. But the announce style is completely different than anything Joey ever really did in the business....tough to adapt.

Jim Ross

-The best of the best! True Hall of Famer and a man I respect and appreciate. I cannot thank him enough for all he has taught me as an announcer...as of recent JR & I were the Smack announce team and were doing a strong job in my view....we have shared some good times on many road trips as of recent...BOOMER SOONER!! And I'm a Nebraska Husker fan (lol)

Micheal Cole

-One of my best friends...a guy that truly gave me the confidence to excel as a color commentator years ago in WWE...Cole taught me how to get over the talent, the storylines and get over the brand! He was the only one that had the balls to flat out say to me "its not about you anymore"...I respect that. Amazing work ethic, always would try to find a way for me to get over on him...zero ego & underrated!

I been hearing that Cole has been getting bashed by some on-line fans lately- check this out, if you work at McDonald's and your boss wants you to cook BicMac's...you than go and cook BIG MACS! Anyway, I look forward to working with Cole in the future in some capacity be it TV or Radio.

I want thank World Wrestling Entertainment and the McMahon Family for all the years and all the opportunities...they allowed me a great ride which I truly appreciate.

In closing, I've been in the Pro Wrestling business for 23 years and I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon.

I plan to make an impact real soon in this, the ultimate in businesses and keep it's honor....lol....sorry for crossing the line with my sophomoric humor! Survive if I let you.

FTW

Taz

I post it here because I say it is clear that once his break is done, he plans on coming to TNA in a non-in ring role. Unless he is pulling a Jericho...

It's really hard to say if Taz will head to TNA or not, I really would like to see him take a role as commentator alongside Tenay though, after Don West was the only glaring really bad part of the strong Impact show last night (he just doesn't come off like a believable heel at all and ruins alot of important angles and such by his lack of credibility) and West would be much better off as an actual heel manager or even as the ring announcer, taking over Penzer's spot.

But judging by the end of his post there, he's essentially hinting he could go to TNA, UFC, OR ROH there. So who knows what's up there.

For what it's worth, at Lockdown on Sunday a former "world champion" is coming into the company, and there are alot of rumors it is Taz given it's in Philly and the timing of it all. Honestly though, I don't think it's him given it sounds like he wants to take some serious time off from the business by his post (then again the post could just be a swerve too).

I'm hoping/banking it on this new "world champion" being RVD.....I think it's long overdue that he gives the company a shot, and debuting at a pay per view in Philly makes just as much sense as Taz coming in.

Dixie Carter is making her first on air appearance at the ppv Sunday.

So, how many tapings before her "shocking" heel turn? 2 or 3?

I'm hoping she will just make an appearance for whatever reason and not turn into an actual on-air character. Can't see that being anything but a negative to the company as a whole if she turns into an actual character.

For what it's worth, at Lockdown on Sunday a former "world champion" is coming into the company, and there are alot of rumors it is Taz given it's in Philly and the timing of it all. Honestly though, I don't think it's him given it sounds like he wants to take some serious time off from the business by his post (then again the post could just be a swerve too).

I think there's probably something to be said for TNA being serious time off, especially if you come in as a non-wrestler. I mean, if Taz has signed on as an announcer that means, what? Working 2 days of tapings and getting 2 weeks off, working 2 days of tapings and getting 2 weeks off, and then working a PPV. And then you have guys like Cornette who don't even make THAT many appearances in a month. Plus its almost always the same place so even if you're not living in Orlando there's something stable about traveling for business when you go to the same place and eat at the same places and stay at the same hotel... then when you're following WWE's traveling show in a new town each week/day.

But yeah, he clearly teased ROH and UFC as much as TNA so I'm not expecting anything as far as Taz/TNA. I won't be surprised if it happens Sunday but I also won't be surprised if the world champ ends up being Justin Credible.

How long do TNA Pay-Per-Views generally last what time do they go off the air? Do they end right at 11:00 PM EST? Or a little before?

Usually before 11pm since the replay is set to up and run at 11.

According to Meltzer, as of yesterday, Paul London & Amazing Red were scheduled to debut as a tag team at the Impact tapings tonight.

I don't think alot of you here have followed TNA since it's inception, so this is probably nothing news to you, but it is to me since these two were a significant piece of that first year of TNA for sure. London hasn't done much since being released from WWE, but prior to him heading over there, he was really getting over in TNA and more specifically, ROH. Amazing Red kind of did the opposite, really took of in the early days of ROH, and then followed that up by getting noticed in TNA and having a hell of a following there way back when.

Already envisioning a feud with Red/London against the Machine Guns for the IWGP Jr. tag titles (ie the unofficial X Division tag titles) which would be some really fun stuff.

Yeah I didn't even know Red was in the business anymore due to injury, so either TNA talked him into a comeback by putting him in a tag team, or else he just totally fell off the radar and just works random spot shows or something. Whatever the case, I'm excited to see how the pairing works.

Red makes a fine "pinball", and was getting some CRAZY pops doing his underdog thing against the SAT's way back. One of my fondest memories of early TNA is Don West standing on the announce table, leading the crowd in a chant of "GO RED GO!". Whatever happened to the SAT's anyway? Maybe he just took some time away from wrestling to heal his body?

I thought Red's body had completely broken down? Last I heard he wasn't sure if he would ever wrestle again.

Good to see London back on TV, he's a talented bastard. He lost some points for complaining about Bourne's SSP, but I'd still tune in to check him out.

Sorry, London reportedly canceled out on TNA. Unclear where this leaves Red.

Yeah the word I read in today's new Observer is that he stood up TNA for more money before he would come in (is this a common trait of wrestlers to do this, because it seems like it should be the ultimate bridge burner when a deal is already made and then the worker tries to stand them up on the deal almost) so chances are he won't ever be coming now, which is sad to hear. So they are trying to find a new partner for Red, with Sonjay Dutt being talked about as returning to take the spot.

It's great how dumbass people say Taz being promoted as 'a former World Chamion" is fine and make sense, when in reailty it is one of the more stupid fucking moves ever. I guess people really need that ref job in TNA, because Socal Indies aren't paying enough.

It's great how dumbass people say Taz being promoted as 'a former World Chamion" is fine and make sense, when in reailty it is one of the more stupid fucking moves ever. I guess people really need that ref job in TNA, because Socal Indies aren't paying enough.

WTF are you even talking about?

Figured Roxxi was being released, since she has been off TV for awhile. That character they tried with her did nothing for her though, and dare I say if they got rid of her, why didn't they get rid of Taylor Wilde, since she was just as annoying in terms of the character they write her as. She always did well though with working hardcore matches and I'm annoyed they never went ahead and did a really straightforward Roxxi/Kong program. It would have probably been good.

Sadly, I don't see WWE having any interest in her either, though.