TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

It's great how dumbass people say Taz being promoted as 'a former World Chamion" is fine and make sense, when in reailty it is one of the more stupid fucking moves ever. I guess people really need that ref job in TNA, because Socal Indies aren't paying enough.

Why is it stupid? Taz was ECW champion back when it meant something and he did win the world tag team titles with Spike Dudley. Taz isn’t the first person that a promotion has hyped as a world champion b/c they won the world tag team titles.

Ya sucks for Roxxi with the whole hair cutting deal but maybe TNA saw it as a necassary evil for getting the Beautiful People as over as they are now

right but they are the ones that got the heat for it Gail Kim wasn't put over as the one who won the match to cut her hair it was Angelina Love who cost her the match and hair and since they went forward bringing it up making fun of her for it they are the ones who got over for it. It was one of their first big heat building deals

eh it happens TNA is sometimes so wild with their booking its hard to keep up.

If I didn't have a tivo I probably wouldn't watch as much because now i can kinda quickly go thru all the bullshit and build up videos

It's great how dumbass people say Taz being promoted as 'a former World Chamion" is fine and make sense, when in reailty it is one of the more stupid fucking moves ever. I guess people really need that ref job in TNA, because Socal Indies aren't paying enough.

People are STILL crying about this?

Are you seriously mentally handicapped or something? Taz IS a former world champ and he did come to TNA.

Just because your dumbass got burnt on some stupid assumptions you made thinking a former champ was coming in to wrestle doesn't mean it was a stupid move on TNAs behalf, just that it was a stupid move on your behalf to make any assumptions regarding the statement TNA made... they NEVER claimed he was coming to wrestle, just that he was coming.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: theone.

This is so much better! I haven't even read the post above this but i'm going to guess he insults somebody!

Aww cute, is the grown man who plays online fantasy wrestling games upset?

Yeah course we can. I'll happily talk to anybody who is polite and speaks with just a tad, tad tiny bit of intelligence.

This forum would be a much better place if everybody, who in 95% of their messages, demeaned and insulted other posters.

Ignoring 'theone' might just be enough to get me to post at TSM again!

I think they go down as the greatest american tag team ever hard to argue with the stints in every major org and the number of titles worn meaning they have had success every place they go too

Even tho they were stale as hell breaking them up back in the WWE at the end of their run was dumb as hell

The Road Warriors and The Dudleys are 1 a and 1 b for sure. They were totally different teams with the Road Warriors being straight ass kickers and the Dudleys being shit talking heels.

The Dudley legacy was hurt by the forced name change when they came to TNA

The Dudleys, in history, will be held back by two main things, in my opinion.

1. They were most famous for work in ECW, which was in the annuls of history just a small company.

2. They aren't well known for actually being able to wrestle, and neither have ever been in superb condition.

Dudley's don't even crack the top 5 for me.

Maybe we're just using different criteria I'm thinking about overall success and longevity and popularity with the not so hardcore fans.

ECW being a small show doesn't matter for me because it was the small but still the 3rd biggest during a boom period. Now if they had stayed in ECW I would agree with you but since comming to the WWE and being one of the main forces in the Tag division, again during a boom period, that they have more than proven that they arn't a small time act. Add to that stuff like winning the titles in Japan, the ties with pop culture, Wassup headbut anyone?, and the Get The Tables phrase I think a lot of people will remember them longer than the Road Warriors or the Hart Foundation.

Also they are a tag team thru and thru. When broken up neither had any type of success as singles, which distinguishes them from say the Stieners where Scott became a star on his own or the Hart Foundation where Brett became a huge star on his own

Idk dude not everyone is an old school wrestling fan hell some people only remember them as the Legion Of Doom

The Legion Of Doom was a strong dominate team in WWF but no where near the dominance of the NWA and they never were able to recapture that popularity that they did in the NWA as the Road Warriors

Now I think that if you were 14 or 15 in 98-2000 you might remember the Dudleys more so than the Legion Of Doom especially if you choose to remember LOD 2000 or LOD with Droz and other stuff like that.

hey hey this isn't all about you your an above average wrestling fan. I'm talking about the guy who maybe saw it when his brother was watching or watches on a much more casual basis

hey hey this isn't all about you your an above average wrestling fan.

Not true. I'm a weird wrestling fan. I just had a one man tv show discussion for TNA Epics.

You know what was sad?

I found the distraction of typing a good thing from the show.

Terrible, terrible start for the TNA Epic series.

I'd put The Road Warriors, Freebirds, British Bulldogs, Dudleys, Steiners, Hart Foundation, Midnight Express, Rock and Roll Express, Harlem Heat, Outsiders as my top ten probably. Those are in no particular order either. You also have to rank the New Age Outlaws, Hardys, Edge and Christian up there in the top fifteen or so. The Funks and Briscos were great teams as well from what I've seen of them on dvd. I think the Road Warriors are the Hulk Hogan of tag team wrestling, that first team that comes to your mind.

I wonder how a promotion that focused on Tag Team wrestling with singles matches being limited to one a show if that would do in America.

TNA Mobile issued the following text:

"Two former TNA superstars who have been TNA world champions in the past, are set to make a return to the Impact Zone this Thursday."

TNA Mobile issued the following text:

"Two former TNA superstars who have been TNA world champions in the past, are set to make a return to the Impact Zone this Thursday."

Hmmm, I have no idea who that could be, although keep in mind "TNA world champions" doesn't necessarily mean THE world champ. Could be former X division champs or tag champs too.

I'd love it if one of the returning champs was Raven, and the other Ken Shamrock but that's a longshot.