TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angles Broken Fricken Neck

WWE SmackDown - March 20, 2009

From Prowrestling.com

Dark Match:

* Jimmy Wang Yang defeated Eric Escobar.

WWE Friday Night SmackDown, Airing This Week, 3/20:

* Triple H came out and cut a promo about Randy Orton. Triple H called Orton a disease and said he was the cure.

* Triple H defeated Vladimir Kozlov. Nothing special here. Triple H won with the Pedigree.

* MVP defeated Shelton Benjamin with the Playmaker to become the new United States Champion. Good match here with MVP deserving the win.

* Shawn Michaels defeated Kane with Sweet Chin Music. Shawn got a huge pop for appearing on SmackDown.

* Jeff Hardy defeated The Brian Kendrick in an Extreme Rules match. Good match with some nice spots. Hardy won with the Swanton.

* WWE did an announcement for the Von Erichs going into the Hall of Fame this year.

* The Undertaker defeated JBL in a non-title match. Not a bad match here. Taker won with his Hell's Gates submission move.

* Vickie Guerrero got some huge heat as she announced the winner of the Triple Threat match at WrestleMania will be the Champion of her heart. John Cena came out and got involved, turning Big Show and Edge against each other after they formed some kind of truce. Edge accidentally speared Vickie which led to Show chokeslamming Edge and leaving with Vickie.

Looks like a decent show, but why can't they have an extreme rules match on ECW? You know, Extreme Championship Wrestling?

* MVP defeated Shelton Benjamin with the Playmaker to become the new United States Champion. Good match here with MVP deserving the win.

Awesome. I'm hoping MVP's recent successes lead to him getting back the tunnel and pyro in time for Wrestlemania.

Awesome. I'm hoping MVP's recent successes lead to him getting back the tunnel and pyro in time for Wrestlemania.

And the cheerleaders that he had at Mania 23.

No Rey Mysterio? I thought he was advertised to be there because it's the 500th(!!!!!!!!!!!!) Smackdown.

For 9 years and 400 plus odd episode, WWE SmackDown has brought mayhem and craziness to the absolute boundary pushing limits that the United Paramount / Cruiser Weight Network would allow, then for several more episodes since delighted children of all ages with family friendly fun on MyNetworkTV! What kid tested mother approved mayhem will WWE SmackDown's 500th episode bring?

Well, according to WWE.com:

WWE Champion Triple H will take on Vladimir Kozlov on the 500th episode of SmackDown. The Game and The Moscow Mauler will kick things off when they go one-on-one on the historic show.

Rising stock? Intercontinental Champion JBL will make his return to SmackDown to take on Undertaker. JBL is intent to continue making history on his way to the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, but The Phenom stands in his way, looking to make his own mark on the Road to WrestleMania.

Gold vs. Bold: United States Champion Shelton Benjamin puts his title up against former U.S. Champ MVP when SmackDown 500 - Road to WrestleMania takes place on Friday .

A winner is you if you partake in this television blockbuster tonight at 8pm eastern. Unless you live in Canada (and don't feel like slumming it up a MNTV standard definition broadcast), then screw you, you have to wait for college basketball to finish at 12:30 am.

I watched it last night, it leaked online

mvp / shelton was a really good match, hhh / kozlov was meh as usual, hbk/kane was pretty good, jeff hardy / kendrick was good, jbl/taker was a methodical match but decent

hardyz were announced as extreme rules match for WM and the von erichs were announced as HOF inductees

oh, and a shitload of 12 rounds promos still

The Show/Edge/Cena segment at the end of the show was a novel way to end the episode and the Kane/HBK match was very entertaining. In my view, the build-up to the World Title match has been fairly amusing, although that's probably due to the fact that it has been ridiculously over the top and so poorly acted. That aside, I didn't care much for the rest of the show, although I did sleep through the better part of the first hour.

mvp / shelton was a really good match, hhh / kozlov was meh as usual, hbk/kane was pretty good, jeff hardy / kendrick was good, jbl/taker was a methodical match but decent

hardyz were announced as extreme rules match for WM and the von erichs were announced as HOF inductees

Is the link still up for it, since my DVR didn't record it tonight for some reason?

Is the link still up for it, since my DVR didn't record it tonight for some reason?

You'll have to register on XWT, but here

http://xtremewrestlingtorrents.net/details.php?id=46961

XWT rocks! They usually have smackdown up on thursday night if not then on friday mornings

I was surprised that HHH said that he and Stephanie were married 'in real life' in the opening promo. It seems so WCW.

Nah, if it was WCW the last shot would of been Stephanie in a nice hotel room and out from the bathroom comes Legacy all in robes.

and then HHH would have had a heart attack

and then mysteriously come back a week later to wrestle.

Maybe I expected too much going in, but I was disappointed by this show seeing as it was The 500th ep of SD. I just thought they would've had more planned than what they did. Doesn't look like a whole lot of people here watched.(Or they did, but just didn't post for whatever reasons.)

The first half was refreshing, just matches (unless that was just my stream) and they kept the Edge/Vickie crap to a minimum until the end, half decent show I guess. But yeah, apart from them mentioning it, you'd not think it was any different than any other Smackdown!.

Title change aside.

If it was WCW, Randy Orton would have come out and said "Everyone of these SMART MARKS out here (pause for heel heat as the audience tries to understand the term "smart marks") KNOWS that you and Stephanie McMahon are REALLY married....in REAL LIFE!" and then HHH would have looked worried and JR would have mumbled "Uhoh, he's breaking from the script that we wrote this afternoon..." and Tazz would say "HHH literally doesn't know what to say because his scripted response would make no sense" and HHH would say "Don't you dare break kayfabe Randy..." and Orton would say "This is a TAPED show. It isn't even FRIDAY. THEY can EDIT this!!" and HHH would charge him and pull out a knife and say "I could fucking kill you right now" and then

What kind of nonsense show was this? I realize the show is on MNTV and no one is watching, but seriously, the best they could for their 500th episode is say "this is the 500th episode"? Where were video clips of classic moments before and after commercials? And the digital guide preview said Johnny Rodz would be there. Where was he? And what about SmackDown's biggest fan, or learning what it was like to be a ring announcer?

A failure of a milestone.

What kind of nonsense show was this? I realize the show is on MNTV and no one is watching, but seriously, the best they could for their 500th episode is say "this is the 500th episode"? Where were video clips of classic moments before and after commercials? And the digital guide preview said Johnny Rodz would be there. Where was he? And what about SmackDown's biggest fan, or learning what it was like to be a ring announcer?

A failure of a milestone.

Maybe they'll do what they did when Raw broadcasted it's 800th episode last fall; I.E.-Just announce it is the 500th episode of SD, but then have the actual celebration ep a month and a half later. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me to see them have the 500th episode celebration of Smackdown on Raw.

Well, a few minutes before the show started, there was a commercial on MyNetworkTV that said it was the 500th episode and had a lot of clips from the show's history (Arnold's appearance, DX Express exploding, and tons more that I'm not thinking of right now.) So yeah, there was that.