TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angles Broken Fricken Neck

WWE SmackDown - March 27, 2009

Again ProWrestling.com

Dark Match:

* Jimmy Wang Yang defeated Eric Escobar.

WWE Friday Night SmackDown, Airing Next Week, 3/27:

* Kane, Christian Cage, Shelton Benjamin and Finlay defeated MVP, Mark Henry, CM Punk and Kofi Kingston. This match was a bit better than the six-man match they had on TV the other night. Kane got the win after a chokeslam on Punk.

* Big Show defeated Jesse and Festus in a Handicap match. It was good to see Jesse and Festus back but this was an obvious show to make Big Show look good for Wrestlemania. Show got the win after his knockout punch.

* Carlito, Primo Colon and Brie Bella defeated The Miz, John Morrison and Nikki Bella. Good match here considering everything, made me want to see their match at WrestleMania. Colons and Brie got the win with the Backstabber.

* Matt Hardy defeated R-Truth with a Twist of Fate.

* Maryse defended her Divas Championship against Michelle McCool. The match ended in DQ when Gail Kim made her return and hit Michelle with a missile dropkick before attacking Maryse. Gail has definitely arrived.

* Shawn Michaels came out to cut a promo on The Undertaker. Shawn was dressed in white mocking Taker and said he represented the light while Taker represents the shadows. Shawn quoted scripture from the Bible and talked about he will be Mr. Wrestlemania and end Taker's streak.

Dark Main Event:

* The advertised World Title match with Edge and Jeff Hardy happened actually. Edge got the win after spearing Jeff with interference from Matt Hardy.

Carlito, Primo Colon and Brie Bella defeated The Miz, John Morrison and Nikki Bella. Good match here considering everything, made me want to see their match at WrestleMania. Colons and Brie got the win with the Backstabber

------

They gave away a WM match? Granted its a rematch of a rematch but still........

* Kane, Christian Cage, Shelton Benjamin and Finlay defeated MVP, Mark Henry, CM Punk and Kofi Kingston. This match was a bit better than the six-man match they had on TV the other night. Kane got the win after a chokeslam on Punk.

Reminds me of the Wild-Card Survivor Series match back in 1995. Awesome.

Reminds me of the Wild-Card Survivor Series match back in 1995. Awesome.

I thought exactly the same thing. Can't wait to see it.

I guess if Shawn has to miss Tuesday Bible study- Tuesday Bible study comes to Smackdown.

There was something that always borthered me about that- Shawn's been refusing to be drafted to smackdown fot years and years now, because of that, and Bible study day has never changed? It always has to be Tuesday?

Anyway, Shawn and Taker should probably go on last, but it won't. Vickie/Edge/Big Show is a comedy soap opera angle and nobody cares about who Vickie ends up with, and HHH/Orton is quickly turning into a similar type of comedy angle- although that was probably unintentional.

hbk.jpg

I cannot wait to see how this plays out on TV. I think it could be the segment that really puts the match over as being something truly special.

Definitely looks interesting. For some reason, I was expecting HBK to come out wearing Mordecai's old duds, but that doesn't look too bad.

white2.jpg

I'm sorry but after seeing that pic, I feel like the true main event of WM 25 this year is HBK vs. UT. I mean, it's obviously not, but to me, I feel like it is.

Dark Knight vs. White Knight, all we need is a joker to be the special guest referee. I nominate Scott Hall. Way to intergrate him back into Wrestlemania history, plus he more or less is a JOKER now these days anyways.

Dark Knight vs. White Knight, all we need is a joker to be the special guest referee. I nominate Scott Hall. Way to intergrate him back into Wrestlemania history, plus he more or less is a JOKER now these days anyways.

Other nominees would be Paul Bearer or Marty Jannetty.

The Michaels bit was billed as a 'tribute' to Taker.

WHITE druids have come out.

To answer the music question: Michaels comes out to a heavenly choir type song.

This is surreal.

Michaels takes his hat off ala Taker to some genuine heel heat, then a chant of HBK goes up.