TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

Kane and MMA fighter in bar brawl?

You're not a fool for not liking MMA, but your reasoning is very foolish.

That I think it's mostly boring and get annoyed when people try to convince me otherwise? I don't see how that's foolish. I feel the same way (replace boring with stupid) about religion when people on the street shove a flyer in my face and try to convince me to believe in god.

That I think it's mostly boring and get annoyed when people try to convince me otherwise? I don't see how that's foolish. I feel the same way (replace boring with stupid) about religion when people on the street shove a flyer in my face and try to convince me to believe in god.

It seems from your post you're not even willing to give it a chance, and refuses to get into it because it's "popular".

But whatever, I don't care... If you don't want to like MMA thats your choice. It doesn't really affect me, one way what so ever.

You mean God.

Well an unsanctioned fight as a tiny guy in a bar up and down the west coast isn't a professional fight, and I said that he was a professional wrestler before a professional fighter. But I guess a cage fight is a cage fight, so he was fighting before wrestling whether it was professional or not.

good point.

and on a somewhat related note did anyone catch the guida/bobby lashley press confrence? guida was talking all kinds of shit about WWE/wrestling

Well an unsanctioned fight as a tiny guy in a bar up and down the west coast isn't a professional fight, and I said that he was a professional wrestler before a professional fighter. But I guess a cage fight is a cage fight, so he was fighting before wrestling whether it was professional or not.

good point.

and on a somewhat related note did anyone catch the guida/bobby lashley press confrence? guida was talking all kinds of shit about WWE/wrestling

Go discuss it in the Bobby Lashley thread in the MMA folder.

Regardless, Jason Guida is known as a douchebag, and will forever live in the shadow of his more talented, and more humble brother Clay.

That's awesome if true. I love it when the fake fighters can take out the real ones. :P

I also hate MMA so I'm biased, but hey..

Actually the majority of MMA fans will be happy at anyone whooping Sylvia's ass.

not real mma fans

That is amazing. Thank you.

That's awesome if true. I love it when the fake fighters can take out the real ones. :P

I also hate MMA so I'm biased, but hey..

Actually the majority of MMA fans will be happy at anyone whooping Sylvia's ass.

not real mma fans

Not everyone can like un-talented big sloths like you.

Even not being true, is Kane's new gimmick going to be he beats up random guys who claim to be real fighters every week? You know, just to fuel and fill Vince's already out of control and non-reality based ego.

The idea of Sylvia being beaten up by a random non-fighter having instant credibility speaks volumes about Timmy's standing in the MMA world.

Also, having yet another MMA v. Pro-Wrestling debate hardly serves any purpose.

WWE superstar Kane has laughed off reports he was involved in a bar room brawl with former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia.

Earlier this week, blogs and internet forums were reporting that Affliction fighter Sylvia had suffered a broken nose and black eye at the hands of the Big Red Machine.

They had supposedly traded blows at a venue in Detroit with the 7ft, 320lbs wrestling star, real name Glen Jacobs, said to have come out on top.

However a WWE spokesman immediately dismissed the story, saying: "This is a total fabrication."

Pals of the pair added that neither man had been in Detroit at the time of the alleged incident.

And now, for the first time, Kane has spoken out about the rumours.

Speaking exclusively to SunSport, he said: "I was sitting at home at the time and someone told me – that was the first I’d heard about it.

"I hear I handled it pretty well though. I’m happy with myself!

"I’m pretty sure Tim won’t hold a grudge though."

Wondering what would happen if an MMA and WWE fighter did meet under UFC rules, the former world champion added: "Look at what Brock Lesnar’s doing.

"Undertaker trained MMA style and I have to some extent too. I actually got my start as a shoot fighter in Japan.

"Wrestlers are a little tougher than we’re generally given credit for and I think we’d represent ourselves well.

"By the same token, how well would the MMA guys fare in the WWE ring?

"I respect what they do though. They are tough guys and have done a great job marketing their sport."

Kane handled that well, putting over wrestling and mma.

But that's to be expected from Kane by now. If you are going into an interview with Kane you wear fire-retardant fabric.

The conspiracy theory on that is it took so long to come up with an official statement, it's just covering the whole thing up.

Also, I think Kane and Sylvia were goaded into fighting each other by the serial pillist.

Epic battles with the likes of Big Show, Zack Gowen, & Kurt Angle were far more beneficial in Lesnar's preparation for his UFC career than beating a bunch of cornfed, straw-chewin bumpkins in college gymnasiums doing that amateur punk stuff.

Epic battles with the likes of Big Show, Zack Gowen, & Kurt Angle were far more beneficial in Lesnar's preparation for his UFC career than beating a bunch of cornfed, straw-chewin bumpkins in college gymnasiums doing that amateur punk stuff.

Bobby Heenan, is that you?

Yeah, because Brock Lesnar's success in MMA has everything to do with his days in the WWE and nothing to do with his days as an amateur wrestler...

What else could he have said? "Most of us would get smoked in MMA fights against trained fighters, as we're more or less stuntmen?" I give him credit for being diplomatic about it, at least. Josh Barnett says much more ridiculous shit on a regular basis.

EDIT: Fake quote isn't meant in derogatory terms, JSYK.