TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

Brodeur vs. Roy

Is that remark is suppose to get a reaction out of me? I don't like Roy as a person, he's a peice of shit so make all the snarly remarks about his personal life all you want.

Unless you're Patrick Roy, then no.

I still love how on PTI, they said Brodeur was up there "with Grant Fuhr."

I wouldn't mind this being spun off.

Fuck Fuhr and his overrated ass. HOF goalie? Sure... Does he rank up there with Sawchuk, Roy, Brodeur, Hasek, or even Belfour? Fuck no.

I'm not big on the Fuhr bandwagon.

Hasek is a good pick, but has he dominated for fifteen years like Marty has? He's a cock too! Come on goalies.

Hasek is a good pick, but has he dominated for fifteen years like Marty has? He's a cock too! Come on goalies.

Ironically, Fuhr is one of the nicer goalies in the sport.

How about Belfour, he's one of the best goalies of our time... And dude's a drunk.

Anyway as for Hasek, he might not have had a long career like Roy or Brodeur but still accomplished just as much if not more then them. 2 Hart Trophys, and 6 Vezina's(tie with the most in NHL history), those two accomplishments alone puts him in the elite company. Not to much his teams in Buffalo were he spent all of his prime years were decent at the most. He carried that team to the stanley cup finals and was arguably robbed of a Stanley Cup.

Jacques Plante deserves a mention as well.

Brodeur, Roy, Hasek. 3 of the best goalies, all douchebags.

Brodeur - Cheated on his wife with her brother's wife. Probably screwed up that entire family.

Roy - Domestic violence.

Hasek - Attacked someone with a stick during a roller hockey game, put him in the neurosurgical ward for several days.

Stay classy, goalies.

Brodeur - Cheated on his wife with her brother's wife. Probably screwed up that entire family.

Roy - Domestic violence.

Hasek - Attacked someone with a stick during a roller hockey game, put him in the neurosurgical ward for several days.

Stay classy, goalies.

Don't forget Roy encouraging his son to beat up some goalie who didn't want to fight.

Also, Belfour getting drunk off his ass and scaring ladies.

Roy - Domestic violence.

Stay classy, goalies.

Don't forget Roy encouraging his son to beat up some goalie who didn't want to fight.

Hasek also quit on the Sabres that one playoff series and it sounded like he was a headcase in Ottawa.

Also, John Vanbeisbrouk called Trevor Dailey a nigger when he coached him in OHL. In 2007, he was calling the Canucks-Stars series, and Dailey played for the Stars. I thought that was funny.

I figure Belfour went without saying in the cock category. I met him once, and he was def out of it.

I remember hearing when he got arrested for drunkinly harassing that girl, he offered the cops one billion dollars to let him go.

Goalies are an eccentric bunch. All the good ones (Outside of perhaps Dryden?) are generally pretty weird.

Marty didn't dominate for 15 years. He only dominated after Hasek and Roy left. During the time they were around, they were the undisputed top two, and the amount of hardware the two picked up really proves that (Roy in the playoffs, Hasek in the regular season). Hasek's dominance in the Vezina race is also even more amazing, because it was no longer the "best GAA" trophy that it used to be.

Brodeur left his wife for his sister-in-law, is that the only thing he's done that makes him a cock?

Anyone Sean Avery doesn't like is good in my books, though 'fatso' was pretty funny.

If I'm not mistaken, Vanbiesbrouck's defence went something like "Well, I didn't think saying nigger was such a big deal, when we were growin up, we'd say nigger all over the place. Just...nigger, nigger, nigger!"

What do Stronach and Domi have chained up at home if they're each other's 'hot side action'?

Yes, Belfour did offer the cops a billion. Sliding scale from 50k onward.

Finally, you could make a case that Ken Dryden was so straight-lace that it was weird. 5bcf_2.JPG You're a goalie, you're supposed to be like that.

Speaking of that...

TRENTON, N.J. -- Days after breaking the NHL victory record, Devils goalie Martin Brodeur was dealt an alimony setback by a New Jersey appeals court.

The court ruled that Brodeur must pay his former wife $500,000 a year until 2020, the year his youngest child will graduate from high school.