TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Celtic Guardian

Bonaduce: Shaking the TNA Foundation

Bonaduce has a radio show in Philly and at least has some wrestling background with the CCW show......that's typical PR stuff that TNA does alot actually to generate local ticket sales, by having a local celebrity of sorts work a match. May not even be on the ppv and just a dark match. WCW even used to do it way way way back when. Plus, the guy can kind of work alright, so I'm willing to give a benefit of a doubt on that one.'

As far as the other "celebrity" that TNA is bringing in, that Survivor winner, that's pretty much a joke. But I'll be interested to see how she works in the ring. I remember her from the show and she is definately hot as fuck.

As long as they are paying these two a shitload of money, ala Johnny Fairplay, it can't hurt too much at least. I do fear, though, that they are giving them more than either of these "celebrities" deserve.

Todd Bridges > Danny Bonaduce.

Definately true there. Didn't he work an indy show not too long ago?

I think I read that he had. He was a real quick learner on that show and you could clearly see how much faster he was improving than everyone else. Bonaduce was a great character though. And this will get them a lot of airplay in Philly before the show. I wonder who draws the Bonaduce straw. I'll predict Bashir.

Yeah, it has to be Bashir, that was my first thought too.

While Bonaduce looks a little awkward there in the ring, he gives it 110 percent (at least from what I saw on the CCW show) and he does have that charisma factor going for him.

Todd Bridges > Danny Bonaduce.

Definately true there. Didn't he work an indy show not too long ago?

Yeah Todd's working for a promotion in San Francisco called Fog City Wrestling.

Bonaduce is kinda hit or miss for me. I'm sure the guy can really bring it and really be "on" but if he decides not to play ball last minute, it could be a giant trainwreck.

It's also much different wrestling live than it is having the benefit of the editing machine making you look good...

That being said Impact and Smackdown have the benefit of editing...and Bonaduces hardcore match with Dustin Diamond was better than some of the stuff on those shows this year.

They need to bring in Knobbs to be in his corner.

I'm guessing that TNA's steroid policy is very loose if they're bringing him in.

Fuck Bonaduce, I want Todd Bridges. Best damn part of CCW IMO.

Anyways, they stick him in a dark match, it'll probably be fine. Match him up with someone who can carry him, pop the crowd, and if it's not horrible, stick the match on the DVD as an extra. Seems pretty harmless to me. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if TNA suddenly started to think they were clever and smart and try to do more with him only for it to be horrible and embarrassing to everyone involved.

Danny Bonaduce was the best on that show bar none. He had intensity, charisma, and was able to do some stuff in the ring to get over his personality.

I read yesterday that the plan was for Bonaduce to be a heel at Lockdown and immediately thought that it had to be Eric Young's spot. But then I watched the video and Young came off as a total dick heel. So I don't know. I do think they can have a decent celebrity match though. Young is really good.

This might be one of the better celebrity matches as far as match quality.

I seem to remember Bonaduce doing a dark match for a WCW PPV in 1994, but I think I remember it being a joke match. I also seem to remember another celebrity being involved.

I seem to remember Bonaduce doing a dark match for a WCW PPV in 1994, but I think I remember it being a joke match. I also seem to remember another celebrity being involved.

Damn, I totally forgot he actually did work a WCW match a long time ago, you're right. Spring Stampede 94 against Christopher Knight, which I think was in Chicago.

Here is an extremely strange bit of info about Bonaduce, according to his wiki....

"Ashley Massaro, former WWE diva and winner of the '05 diva search, was Bonaduce's personal trainer."

Huh?

This match has the possibility to be one hell of a trainwreck