TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

WrestleMania Roundtable Part Four:2000 to 2004

WM X-8: What the hell, I like this show. Rock/Hogan was a blast at the time and surprisingly holds up well on repeat viewings. Could care less about the main event, but let's not kid ourselves....no one thought Jericho was winning. Flair/UT was a fun brawl type match, not sure why it's being hated on here. Also like RVD/Regal, certainly a ton better than the various Edge/Regal turds in the IC division before it.

Really? The only one in the chat who hated on that match was HTQ...who I admit really hated on it. I'd like to see his argument on why its a negative star match. I personally thought it was one of the more entertaining matches of the evening. Though I hated how Flair basically looked like a bitch during that whole feud. I would have had him go over in a rematch at Backlash or something.

Question for everybody; What star rating would you give Hogan-Rock? Personally, my opinion has always been its a ** match (which about as good as you're going to get with '00s Hogan) in terms of workrate but in terms of atmosphere, it's *****. So I go right in the middle with ***1/2, which is the same rating I'd give Hogan-Warrior.

Going down the line of discussion, let's start with the Flair/UT feud. The feud itself is worth negative stars. There is really no argument about that one. I gave both UT/Flair and Rock/Hogan ***. Those are the same ratings that Meltzer gave out for those two matches.

This reminds me that I need to get back to watching shows and starring them for reference. I haven't rated anything lately.

WrestleMania XIX killed wrestling for me for awhile. I remember being upset that Michaels didn't put over Jericho and this was before Michaels decided to come back full time. I am not even going to go into the ending of HHH/Booker T. HHH pedigree on Booker T had Booker T out cold for like 3 minutes it felt like. Complete burial! We were rewarded with a main event feud of Kevin Nash/HHH.

WrestleMania X-7 was a great show, especially because it wasn't built up very well. Most matches were decided a few weeks before the event and the rushed buildup lead to lower expectations.

My favourite non wrestling match part of the show, is where Austin is staring at himself in the mirror before the main event starts. It's a great shot. It's sets up his actions in the main event.

My favourite non wrestling match part of the show, is where Austin is staring at himself in the mirror before the main event starts. It's a great shot. It's sets up his actions in the main event.

Yes. Austin has a look that says, "I can't believe I am about to do this. I will hate myself in the morning. But I must." It's a great great bit of foreshadowing.

The part that I hated the most about HHH-Booker were that they played the racial overtones strongly before hand, but in the preview package it was as if it never happened, just left for Lawler to make comments.

Having just watched WM 2000 as well... man, that show doesn't hold up very well. I've always been in the crowd that was kind of in the middle, not saying good or bad, but I was really underwhelmed watching it today. If ever there was a hardcore match of this era that didn't hold up very well today, the battle royal on this show was it, never mind the logic of 10-11 of the 13 guys fighting anyone but the champ at any given time during the match.

The ladder match is still good, but I feel like it was so much slower than the others. I've always thought that Jericho-Angle-Benoit was overrated and now, I think even I overrated it before, if that makes sense. It seems like too much of the boring formula of one guy out of the ring while the other two fight, and it doesn't help that the crowd is horrible.

The main event is overly long, and the McMahon crap in between rests for HHH-Rock doesn't help. Given that they had 35 minutes, Big Show being eliminated 4 minutes in seemed like a waste. Later, Foley gets Pedigreed, takes a chairshot to the head, and gets Pedigreed on the chair for the pin... and then he's up within seconds to raise his arm for the crowd. Nice selling, Mick.

I feel the need to talk about the epic T&A vs. Headcheese match as well. This was actually better than I remember it being, but that isn't really much a compliment. Nobody in the crowd had any intention of caring about the match (outside of when Chester McCheeserton tries to grope Trish), and you could have heard a pin drop in the crowd.