TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

I Love You, Man

Saw I Love You, Man today. Really good stuff, probably Jason Segal's best film role to date. Heck, virtually everyone was good. I think in lesser hands, the movie might have felt kind of predictable and a bit dull but the great comic ensemble really raised it to another level. Plus I'm bound to enjoy any movie that prominently features Lou Ferrigno. Also, there's a sweet reference to Andre The Giant.

I thought it was pretty good. Took a while to get going, though, and most of the stuff before Segel showed up was pretty bad.

Enough funny one-liners, though, and that's pretty much what I expect from a movie like this. I'm going to try and use 'Totes McGotes' as much as possible.

I thought it was pretty well done. Can't really point to anyone in the cast who didn't carry their own; even the ladies were funny.

Saw I Love You, Man today. Really good stuff, probably Jason Segal's best film role to date. Heck, virtually everyone was good. I think in lesser hands, the movie might have felt kind of predictable and a bit dull but the great comic ensemble really raised it to another level. Plus I'm bound to enjoy any movie that prominently features Lou Ferrigno. Also, there's a sweet reference to Andre The Giant.

Didn't Jason Segel do a dead-on Andre impression in Knocked Up?

Just got back from seeing it. It took awhile to get started, but once Segal came in, the comedy got going. Jon Favreau was a pleasant surprise and had a couple of good lines. A couple of jokes missed, though and when they missed, it was bad.

And I wouldn't say this is Segal's best film when he led Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

And I wouldn't say this is Segal's best film when he led Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I didn't say it was his best film (you're right, Forgetting Sarah Marshall is better than this and was my favorite comedy of '08) just that it was his best film role. I'm going to go against the grain and say his best role overall was as the creepy, obsessive ex-boyfriend on Undeclared, though obviously Freaks & Geeks is a close second.

Didn't Jason Segel do a dead-on Andre impression in Knocked Up?

He was doing Arnold in Knocked Up.

This was actually a very nice surprise as I didn't have the highest hopes going into it. Refreshing to see Rudd play somebody who's a tad aloof with things as opposed to the usual sarcastic type he does. Segal was good too and it had a fairly strong supporting cast.

The "Slappin' the bass" moment had me absolutely dying.

I didn't say it was his best film (you're right, Forgetting Sarah Marshall is better than this and was my favorite comedy of '08) just that it was his best film role. I'm going to go against the grain and say his best role overall was as the creepy, obsessive ex-boyfriend on Undeclared, though obviously Freaks & Geeks is a close second.

How I Met Your Mother > Undeclared > Freaks & Geeks (well, his character anyway)

We saw this on Saturday - agreed, really funny. Segal is just awesome. I don't think I've seen one project where he didn't bring the hilarity.