Indiana @ Chicago, 2:00

New York @ Charlotte, 7:00

Detroit @ Washington, 7:00

Milwaukee @ Miami, 7:30

LA Clippers @ Houston, 8:30

Golden State @ Denver, 9:00

Phoenix @ Utah, 9:00

Memphis @ Portland, 10:00 NBATV

The Rockets are now in first place in the Southwest after beating the Spurs today. Let that one sink in.

I don;t care what fucking Mark Jackson and Van Gundy say, Wade fouled Stuckey at the end of that game.

On a positive note, earlier in the year the Pistons would be getting blown out by 20 with Hamilton, Iverson and Wallace hurt. I like the fact that they scrap and fight.

Tonight was a good night. The Bulls pretty much handled the Pistons most of that game and the Lakers demolished the Thunder. The Bulls are actually on TV twice in one week, coming back on Thursday. If they beat the Heat and the Lakers beat the Pistons, the Bulls will be tied for the 7 seed.

The Rockets are now in first place in the Southwest after beating the Spurs today. Let that one sink in.

I'm pretty sure I've said it here before, but they're a much better team without McGrady.

I hope these referees brought enough lube for Siena Orlando in this second half fourth quarter.

Eh- the refs let both teams play down the stretch. It was pretty clear they had swallowed their whistles about midway through the fourth.

Sources: Thomas, Clippers talk

NEW YORK -- Isiah Thomas is actively seeking work again, and he spoke several weeks ago with Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling in a meeting arranged by current coach/general manager Mike Dunleavy, ESPN.com learned Wednesday.

Several NBA sources confirmed the February meeting between the former president and general manager of the New York Knicks, adding that there were follow-up discussions between Thomas and other high-ranking club officials -- but also stressing that no job has been offered.

Sterling is said to be considering adding another executive to the Los Angeles front office to alleviate some of Dunleavy's responsibilities in his dual role as coach and general manager. Former Lakers and Grizzlies general manager Jerry West was linked to a possible Clippers front office job before he publicly disavowed any interest.

The discussions between Thomas and the Clippers were described by one source as informal yet substantive. Thomas remains under contract to the Knicks for the remainder of this season and two more, but he has the franchise's permission to seek employment elsewhere. He was fired as Knicks coach and general manager last spring and was replaced by Donnie Walsh in the front office and Mike D'Antoni on the bench.

One source with knowledge of Thomas' thinking said it now appears he has shifted his focus to pursuing a head coaching position at the college level. The same source said Thomas' name was discussed at the highest levels of the Grizzlies organization when Memphis fired Marc Iavaroni earlier this season.

Thomas' stint running the Knicks was as unsuccessful as it was uncomfortable. He hired and then fired Lenny Wilkins and Larry Brown, lost a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a former marketing executive and was the object of taunts, protects and chants from disgruntled fans throughout 2007-08.

He has still not commented publicly on the circumstances surrounding an overdose of sleeping pills that hospitalized him last October, but he has not been keeping a low profile. He was spotted two weeks ago scouting the Pac-10 tournament and told The Associated Press: "I've still been very active, seeing a lot of games and doing a lot of scouting and looking forward to helping Donnie with the draft."

Dunleavy, who also has two more seasons after this one remaining on his contract, has been coach of the Clippers since the start of the 2003-04 season, making him the league's third-most tenured coach behind Utah's Jerry Sloan and San Antonio's Gregg Popovich.

The Clippers' firing of longtime vice president Elgin Baylor earlier this season -- and Baylor's subsequent lawsuit alleging racial discrimination -- has left Dunleavy in a position of unusual strength, and one source insisted that all the recent speculation regarding West and/or Randy Pfund joining the front office was a smoke screen to defray the criticism of the franchise that has arisen since Baylor's lawsuit was filed. Additionally, Clippers brass are said to be pleased with the work of current assistant general manager Neil Olshey, and generally are more concerned with Dunleavy's effectiveness as a coach than as a general manager.

Dunleavy has generally won praise for his salary cap management and his most recent personnel moves such as signing Baron Davis, acquiring Zach Randolph from New York for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley, drafting Eric Gordon and acquiring roughly $2 million in cash considerations over the course of this season from teams dumping salaries.

Dunleavy's coaching is actually the area where the most justifiable criticism could be directed. The Clippers entered Wednesday night's game against New York 37 games under .500. He has clashed with some Clippers players, most notably Davis and Chris Kaman, although Sterling has been publicly supportive of Dunleavy and overtly critical of his players, most recently when he went on a postgame rant in the locker room after a loss to San Antonio earlier this month.

Al Harrington is a moron, a flat out moron. In the last game against the Clippers, he dunks the ball for a three-point lead with less than 30 seconds left, then gets a technical foul for hanging on the rim and slapping the backboard like the game is over. Of course, the Clippers win the game in OT.

So what does Harrington do? He makes a dunk tonight with less than 30 seconds left to give the Knicks another three point lead, then kicks his legs over the top of a Clipper while hanging on the rim to showoff, and is hit with ANOTHER technical foul. And again, the Clippers win in OT. It's just too funny, that a professional basketball player gets the same technical foul in the same scenario against the same team twice. And this one wasn't like a frustration thing where he got hit in the face. He was trying to show off and do a pullup on the damn rim, and just happened to go over a Clipper. If he had done that in the open court, he still would have been T'ed up. What an idiot.

And I enjoyed the finish of the Orlando-Boston game. Trevor Ariza needs to take notes on that finish. THAT is how you use a foul to give with a two-point lead and five seconds left.

Sources: Thomas, Clippers talk

NEW YORK -- Isiah Thomas is actively seeking work again, and he spoke several weeks ago with Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling in a meeting arranged by current coach/general manager Mike Dunleavy, ESPN.com learned Wednesday.

Several NBA sources confirmed the February meeting between the former president and general manager of the New York Knicks, adding that there were follow-up discussions between Thomas and other high-ranking club officials -- but also stressing that no job has been offered.

Sterling is said to be considering adding another executive to the Los Angeles front office to alleviate some of Dunleavy's responsibilities in his dual role as coach and general manager. Former Lakers and Grizzlies general manager Jerry West was linked to a possible Clippers front office job before he publicly disavowed any interest.

The discussions between Thomas and the Clippers were described by one source as informal yet substantive. Thomas remains under contract to the Knicks for the remainder of this season and two more, but he has the franchise's permission to seek employment elsewhere. He was fired as Knicks coach and general manager last spring and was replaced by Donnie Walsh in the front office and Mike D'Antoni on the bench.

One source with knowledge of Thomas' thinking said it now appears he has shifted his focus to pursuing a head coaching position at the college level. The same source said Thomas' name was discussed at the highest levels of the Grizzlies organization when Memphis fired Marc Iavaroni earlier this season.

Thomas' stint running the Knicks was as unsuccessful as it was uncomfortable. He hired and then fired Lenny Wilkins and Larry Brown, lost a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a former marketing executive and was the object of taunts, protects and chants from disgruntled fans throughout 2007-08.

He has still not commented publicly on the circumstances surrounding an overdose of sleeping pills that hospitalized him last October, but he has not been keeping a low profile. He was spotted two weeks ago scouting the Pac-10 tournament and told The Associated Press: "I've still been very active, seeing a lot of games and doing a lot of scouting and looking forward to helping Donnie with the draft."

Dunleavy, who also has two more seasons after this one remaining on his contract, has been coach of the Clippers since the start of the 2003-04 season, making him the league's third-most tenured coach behind Utah's Jerry Sloan and San Antonio's Gregg Popovich.

The Clippers' firing of longtime vice president Elgin Baylor earlier this season -- and Baylor's subsequent lawsuit alleging racial discrimination -- has left Dunleavy in a position of unusual strength, and one source insisted that all the recent speculation regarding West and/or Randy Pfund joining the front office was a smoke screen to defray the criticism of the franchise that has arisen since Baylor's lawsuit was filed. Additionally, Clippers brass are said to be pleased with the work of current assistant general manager Neil Olshey, and generally are more concerned with Dunleavy's effectiveness as a coach than as a general manager.

Dunleavy has generally won praise for his salary cap management and his most recent personnel moves such as signing Baron Davis, acquiring Zach Randolph from New York for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley, drafting Eric Gordon and acquiring roughly $2 million in cash considerations over the course of this season from teams dumping salaries.

Dunleavy's coaching is actually the area where the most justifiable criticism could be directed. The Clippers entered Wednesday night's game against New York 37 games under .500. He has clashed with some Clippers players, most notably Davis and Chris Kaman, although Sterling has been publicly supportive of Dunleavy and overtly critical of his players, most recently when he went on a postgame rant in the locker room after a loss to San Antonio earlier this month.

If anyone still thinks that Donald Sterling really cares about winning and not about lining his pockets, this is the nail in the coffin of that argument. At one point I actually thought he was making steps towards making the Clips competitive, and then he hired Dunleavy.

What good comes from that team making the playoffs? They can't fucking guard anybody.

Regardless they are winning games, and they could be atleast .500 when the season ends. What do you fucking expect from a team that is young and rebuilding like the Bulls? You expected them to be a top 3 team in the East over teams like Orlando, Cleveland and Boston? If anything they are exceeding expectations, especially with a coach who has no coaching experience what-so-ever.

What good comes from them getting a lottery pick when in the last few years their only good lottery picks have been Rose and Gordon?

What good will come from the team not making the playoffs right now? You need to give the players something to play for. I never understood why you keep thinking this way, Czech. I mean, if your team was outright awful (like you make them sound to be, yet they're in the running for a playoff spot) then yeah I can understand maybe bettering your chances at a lottery pick, but even that's not guaranteed anything. Sure seeing Vinny Del Negro getting fired would be a good thing, but you can't expect a team to develop if it's not trying to get better and have a goal in mind other than just packing it in. I hate to bring personal perspective into this argument, but it's such a dumb argument from someone who apparently has played very little actual organized sports in his life to understand how a professional athlete is supposed to improve.

I mean, even speaking from an armchair coach/GM's standpoint, which is the only way I think I can get you to even come close to comprehending this, if you keep resetting the button and tanking the season to get a better player, consider what that does for your franchise. This is what the fucking Clippers do. Every year they tank, be it intentional or not, and get high lottery picks and look where they are. One playoff appearance and even a series win to show for years and years of existence. Chicago has a decent core with Derrick Rose and... well, whoever else is helping them win games, because they are winning enough to be in the playoff race. Oh yeah, I see John Salmons is on the team, he's good. Anyways, it can only be a good thing for both the fans and players to make it to the playoffs and get closer to a championship. I don't understand what adding more youth- unproven youth at that- to an already ruthlessly inexperienced team will, as you like to say, bring them closer to a championship.

If anything they are exceeding expectations, especially with a coach who has no coaching experience what-so-ever.

This is what really scares me: Vinny Del Negro's work being miscontrued as good. Do you follow this team? He's a joke. Players on the Bulls and other teams have noted his inability to run anything but the most basic NBA offense, and virtually no defense to speak of. He's a straight-up awful coach, and this is not the place to employ a coach with no experience anywhere. It's a testament to Derrick Rose and Ben Gordon--and the fact that there are so many teams that are even worse--that they're not completely terrible. They're just kinda terrible. I want a real coach developing our franchise player, not some dope who was judged so incompetent at coaching fundamentals that the Phoenix Suns wouldn't hire him. Make no mistake: the Bulls are shit. If they make the playoffs, they'll prove it beyond all doubt, and it will do the team no good whatsoever. I'd rather see them in the lottery, where someone who is not John Paxson is very likely to be doing the drafting from now on, and with any luck, a professional coach for 2010.

John Salmons is very good, yes, but the problem is that he does everything Luol Deng does and more for a fraction of the cost, and there's no way we can move that huge bloated worthless Deng contract. There's no "decent core" for the Bulls. There's Rose and Salmons. Gordon wants to leave. Deng is soft. Tyrus and Noah are bad. Hinrich is a bench player anywhere else in the NBA, and evidently now he is here, too. No more talk about "the core." That's over.

Del Negro failing miserably in the playoffs against the Cavs would help your cause more than a lottery pick would. On a nationally-televised series, watching VDN make important coaching decisions - foul management, balancing minutes and clock management in the 4th quarter - is a bigger indicator of his coaching ineptitude than missing the playoffs would. So help me, I'm using Ripper's previous logic with Mike Woodson.

Del Negro is getting another year if they don't make the playoffs, don't you think?

EDIT: Tyrus and Noah are both improving considerably and are part of the rebuilding core, but they need a real coach now to facilitate their growth. This season, Thomas went from 35+ minute nights to 10 minute nights on a back-to-back because VDN wanted to be "fair" to the bench players. 2010 with a real coach won't solve the problems they have now. Tyrus wouldn't be such a basketball dumbass if they had a player's coach like McMillan or SVG to rein in the younger guys while assuaging their psyches. Thomas attacks the rim like LeBron and Dwight and needs an offense built around that - Tuesday night against the Pistons was an indicator.

I can't really tell what the hell this team is thinking anymore. He's on a two-year deal, and Reinsdorf is a cheap son of a bitch, so there's probably about a 75% chance we're stuck with this dipshit retarding Derrick Rose's development for another year. Every day he coaches Derrick Rose is a lost day. We'll have watched him fail at important coaching decisions for 82 games. I don't see how another four will change anything one way or the other.

can only be a good thing for both the fans and players to make it to the playoffs and get closer to a championship.

What does this even mean? Smart Bulls fans realize losing in the playoffs will do absolutely nothing to make this team a championship contender. The players know they're no damn good too. What did Brad Miller say, "we're just a bunch of guys running basic plays"? Anything about "the race for the 7 seed" is an intelligence-insulting marketing push. You guys are just gonna have to trust me on this one. Please.

So, the Lakers beat Detroit handily and the Bulls just ended the 3rd on a 15-0 run to take a 16 point lead into the 4th. Hopefully Chicago can keep it up.

EDIT: Bulls win by 19, and the bottom half of the playoff picture moves around. New eastern Conference playoff positions:

1. Cleveland

2. Orlando

3. Boston

4. Atlanta

5. Philadelphia

6. Miami

7. Chicago

8. Detroit

I expect he'll get hurt again before the season's over, even though I don't want to see that happen. As far as tonight goes, I'd guess he'll play 15-20 minutes tops but still take at least 5-10 shots just to see how his body reacts.