TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hhh6294

Quick Question to HHHaters...

Guest hhh6294

Just a quick question... why do you all hate Triple H so much? I am just wondering... i am a part of the SWF down there, and haven't ventured much up north, so I didn't pick it up from the start. I am personally a Triple H fan, and I do respect all of your opinions about him, good or bad, but I was just wondering why all the hate. Thanks.

Guest Some Guy

I'm not a part of the HHHaters but they seem to dislike him because he's slow, roided up, political wrestler who fucks teh booker adn boss' daughter. he also seldom jobs to anyone not named Undertaker and he has made HHHater favorites Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho look stupid mant times. He also reportadly caused the de-push of RVD and the poor booking of Steve Austin. That's all I can think of. Oh yeah his promos are soooooooooooooo long and boring.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

thats pretty much it...sg did a good job summarizing

Guest Perfect Plex
I'm not a part of the HHHaters but they seem to dislike him because he's slow, roided up, political wrestler who fucks teh booker adn boss' daughter. he also seldom jobs to anyone not named Undertaker and he has made HHHater favorites Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho look stupid mant times. He also reportadly caused the de-push of RVD and the poor booking of Steve Austin. That's all I can think of. Oh yeah his promos are soooooooooooooo long and boring.

That's how to tell you're not a HHHater.

You used the word "reportedly"

(Well, actually you said "reportadly", but hey, no one's PERFECT.)

Guest El Psycho Diablo

I'd love to know how he caused the "poor booking of Steve Austin". That's an entirely new one to me. Of course, when the guy won't accept a storyline that's not Me vs World..it's gotta be Triple H's fault. Damn that HHH.

-Shiro

Guest alfdogg
I'd love to know how he caused the "poor booking of Steve Austin". That's an entirely new one to me. Of course, when the guy won't accept a storyline that's not Me vs World..it's gotta be Triple H's fault. Damn that HHH.

-Shiro

He said "reportedly".

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

hmm...I'll take a crack at the Austin booking.

I would say it comes down to the FACT that HHH received the top face push despite not being in the top 3 over faces going into Mania...while Austin was stuck feuding with a drunk that was only supported by HHH in the back.

Guest saturnmark4life

I can break it down into this.

His use of politics is actually badly affecting the company's success.

Guest Some Guy

Sorry I made a typo, I was just trying to recite all the stuff I've read the HHHaters write. I don't buy all of it either.

Guest Sandman9000

I don't believe the hating would be so vicious if HHH didn't have his god run of 2000. The haters know that HHH can do better then what he is doing now. Once HHH has a MOTY canidate, the hating will go down. It will never go away, not as long as he is pumping Steph from behind, but it will subside.

Guest Austin3164life

Triple H sucks because he's using his backstage pull to try and book him as the top face, when he'll never reach Austin/Rocky like drawing power.......

Guest jester

Maybe we should clarify. I hhhate the current version of Triple H, for all the reasons that Some Guy mentioned, plus his entrance takes a good 10 minutes and spitting water is uh, kinda stupid. I can see myself not hating a healthy Triple H with a more interesting personality, put him in matches where the outcome is actually in question, and limiting his time in my my face.

The whole backstage politics thing I don't know about. I believe he's causing some problems, but not as many as some claim.

jester

Guest dreamer420

i have nothing against triple h and would consider myself a fan of his. of course i'm not the kind of person who takes it personally when their favourte wrestlers doesn't get pushed.

Guest Flyboy
Triple H sucks because he's using his backstage pull to try and book him as the top face, when he'll never reach Austin/Rocky like drawing power.......

Can't forget about the overness power of RVD either... he'll never reach that level as a face.

EDIT: Had to make a correction.

Guest dreamer420
Can't forget about the drawing power of RVD either... he'll never reach that level as a face.

i think hhh is way past rvd isn't he?

Guest Flyboy
Can't forget about the drawing power of RVD either... he'll never reach that level as a face.

i think hhh is way past rvd isn't he?

Depends on what you mean...

If you mean by drawing power.. then yes, HHH may have RVD beat, but that's by SLIGHTLY. Hell, the WWF threw RVD in Austin Vs. Angle, because..? He was so over.

If you're talking about, "just being more over".. RVD has HHH beaten badly.

Guest dreamer420

rvd and hhh are about as over as each other. they both get very loud pops and they both get their names chanted during matches. hhh is far beyond rvd in drawing power, although his drawing power as a face has been in question a lot. everyone hates hhh and steph but you people don't realize that you were all hhh fans back during his heel run before he got injured. now that steph isn't with him he has become a face and to get back to the heel heat he once had, he needs to be managed by Steph.

Guest Dangerous A

I think when it comes to popping a crowd consistently through a match, RVD gets the nod. As far drawing people to the arena to watch the live show, I think HHH gets the nod because of his standing amongst the casual fans. Popping a crowd and drawing are two terms that often get confused on this board.

Guest Flyboy
everyone hates hhh and steph but you people don't realize that you were all hhh fans back during his heel run before he got injured.

I know I was... I WILL admit that, but now the girl just plain sucks.

And take a look at King of the Ring to see who's more over between RVD and HHH... HHH's entrance pop is louder. Why? I guess because people recoginze his theme. He poses on the apron... another pop. He poses on the turnbuckler.. another pop. Take away those poses RVD's entrance ALONE would be bigger than Hunter's.

Plus, RVD chants are chanted longer than any HHH chant (not counting 1-7-02, and even then it's questionable). I always thought it would be easier to chant "HHH" than "Triple H", anyways. The point is RVD is more over than Hunter.

But, I do agree with you.. if Hunter goes to heal, drop about 20-30 pounds, and comes back as a heel.. and not giving such BORING promos (well, he did that even when he was a heel, but as a face they just plain suck), then I would stop dissing the guy.

UNTIL the happens... then, I'm happy where I am.

Guest Dangerous A

I agree that as a face, RVD is more over than HHH. HHH just doesn't work a crowd that great as a face. However HHH does have more name recognition amongst the casuals, which is where most of the business ie dollars come from. HHH really only gets the pops for his entrance and his finisher. Even if you are a hater you have to admit the crowd goes apeshit for the pedigree. Bottom line is HHH draws people to the arena. RVD has the POTENTIAL to draw more than HHH, but that would require pushing of someone Vince didn't create and we can't have that, now can we? (sarcasm)

Guest alfdogg
everyone hates hhh and steph but you people don't realize that you were all hhh fans back during his heel run before he got injured

Bullshit. I NEVER liked HHH. Not even in 2000, when he was perceived as God. I think I established this once before, too.

Guest dreamer420

it would be perfect if he went back to playing a heel again. i wouldn't mind seeing him feud with edge, but he needs to get steph back

Guest BobbyWhioux

Explaning why I dislike HHH

(even though I'm not officially an HHHater).

Okay, here's the deal. In 2000, I was cheering for Hunter because I like the badguys as a general rule, and he was "new." Eventually I started hating him, but it was the good kind of hate, the mark hate, the "he lied about not beating up Hebner and then beat him up! Get that bastard!" You know, the reaction the top heel should be getting. [stephanie I booed because I was already sick of "Evil Owner" and plus, she has the kind of voice that makes you envy the deaf. She was also, in my view, not talented enough to warrant being on television and was only on TV, and on there so much, because of nepotism. To say nothing of her Women's title reign, which was THE LONGEST TITLE REIGN OF ANYONE IN ANY OF THE BIG THREE THAT YEAR. Look it up. Nobody held a belt for a longer portion of the calander year of 2000 than Stephanie McMahon, in WWF, WCW, or ECW. THAT pissed me off, you can bet.]

Now, at the same time, I'm a strong, full-on mark for Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, and Chris Benoit (what? An internet wrestling fan whose three favorites are Angle, Benoit, and Jericho? You're kidding!).

As 2000 rolls on Triple H is flirting with facehood...so I'm already down on him. Benoit has been in the main event a few times, but not quite become champion. So, when Triple H vs Benoit rolls around, I'm thinking HHH, softening in his facehood, will get beat by Benoit to really cement Benoit at the top.

Nope; Benoit loses and a couple weeks later is henchman to heel Triple H trying to "get" Austin in the parking lot.

Also, when Triple H was a heel (yet still defending his wife's "honor") in the last man standing match. I figured that it was the goodguy (Jericho's) turn to go over. He didn't, and not only that, Jericho lost and that was the end. Except for when he jobbed to flunkies like X-Pac (and later Edge & Christian) that Steph sent after him for his insults.

Plus, it's also boring and makes me resentful when the same guy wins all the time, and Triple H won just about all the time.

2001: I come to find out that Triple H and Stephanie aren't just playing couple, but they are in fact really are hooked up, out of character. Now, being all too familiar with the political past (and in WCW, present) of Kliq members (Nash, HBK, and by extention HHH) I begin to wonder if maybe Triple H isn't benefitting from nepotism via his girlfriend. Of course, at this point, I'm sick of face stone cold Steve Austin so I don't mind Triple H coming out and beating his ass, especially if they're going to have Motorhead thunder over the PA to hail his arrival.

What I did mind, was Triple H pissing all over Angle's title reign, and Angle being made to play second fiddle AS WORLD CHAMPION to Austin and Triple H's pissing contest. But at this point I blamed Austin and Triple H about equally, because, hey, Austin had been beyond stingy in giving people the rub since 1998 (and I didn't like him very much because of that, either).

But considering Austin won the rumble and was going to wrestlemania, he should've won that two out of three falls match with HHH, unless they were going to set up a title match after Austin won the title at WM. But HHH won that 2 of 3 falls match, and after wrestlemania and Austin turned heel, HHH stayed heel and formed a superstable (I'll call it "Squash Incorporated" from now on), basically meaning that HHH wasn't going to return the job to Austin (I remembered bitterly HBK giving my all time favorite Bret Hart the same treatment) but instead Austin and Triple H were just going to run around burying everybody while The Rock spent most of 2001 in movieland.

Austin and Helmsley ran around squashing everybody, and there was that joke attempt at "putting over" Jeff Hardy -- and putting someone over along with the IC was the only justifiable reason to put that belt on Triple H in the fisrt place -- and by the way, guess who lost AGAIN to Triple H; Chris Jericho.

Triple H was becoming another embodiement of all the things I disliked about Steve Austin, in regards to allowing others to look good. (And although it was a year past, I remember having "the McMahon-Helmsley Era" crap in which the entire roster was basically made collective jobber to Triple H, much like when Austin would stunner everyone on the roster one by one over the course of a two hour show when he was "pissed off" [read throwing the "crybaby tantrum" that he had criticized Bret Hart for; how come nobody got to get themselves over as a heel by calling Austin a whiner?]

Also, by this time, contrary to 99 and 00, when he was moving up, Triple H's promos were now "inside the box" and basically the same promo as Austin, Vince, or The Rock would give. Same basic formula, same basic length, same basic thing AGAIN, etc.

Then came the injury, after which Triple H suddenly had to get his ass kissed like a babyface because he had a "career threatening" injury. (Maybe it really was, but I'm so used to them overestimating injuries deliberately knowing full well the guy will be back pretty soon...although he wasn't back soon at all). Add to this his appearance on the first Tough Enough, which I saw as being there not to help the students, but to show himself off and prove how big his dick was by being a hard ass to a bunch of neophytes. I thought his appearance on that show was either deliberately destructive to the students [and I was really pissed when that one guy quit "because of what he said" because the fucking moron was such a mark for HHH...but was one of the most able looking to be a wrestler] or HHH was just being egocentric and selfish with no regard to whether he was impacting the kids negatively (or arrogantly assuming his mere appearance would be an immutable positive). Rather than saying "this job is very very hard, but if you love it, you can do it" he basically said "this life is hard, you don't really want this, fuck off, I AM THE GAME AND YOUR PRESENCE IS AN INSULT TO HIS HIGHNESS THE GAME!!!" Which I thought was uncalled for. This wasn't just being "bad cop" and showing tough love like Tazz, this was to me just HHH stroking his dick and being a dick. And he got to be on there because Steph's his girlfriend.

And you can probably guess how I felt about the alleged "feud" between Triple H upon return with Undisputed Champion Chris Jericho. Now, the good guy always beats the badguy for the title at WM, so I wasn't too upset about that, because I expected it. I didn't expect that they wouldn't even try to make it look like Jericho had a hope in hell of winning. There was no attempt to make it look like "well, maybe it isn't a foregone conclusion, maybe Jericho can and will beat him." Much like Angle last year, Jericho was made second banana while world champion...only this time to Triple H and Stephanie.

So now, my basic perception is this; Triple H's position at the top of the card is a function not of his overness or his in-ring storytelling ability, but of nepotism. Nepotism is a big pet peeve of mine, it just really irks me. Triple H's position at the top comes at the continued expense of my three favorite wrestlers, Angle Benoit and Jericho, who all could and of course in my mind should be up at the top as well. Triple H's nepotism-rooted dominance has stunted and/or undermined their development in to the stars they could be and the WWF needs. Triple H has the ability to affect the booking of a show or shows, and does so in what I perceive to be ways that benefit the appearance of his character but are overall detrimental to the WWF (now WWE) product, both artistically and financially (not necessarily costing money now, but reducing the potential profitability, and lowering ratings.) Basically, when "What's good for the Triple H's character" and "What's good for business" conflict, it seems that "What's good for Triple H's character" is trumping the latter concern, which should be primary.

Therefore, as I perceive it, Triple H is responsible for the "repression" of my favorites, and the inconsistencies and lack of storyline/angle continuity that so bothers me as a fan. While I can't prove I'm right, and thus I can't say I know I'm right, I can infer my theory from what I do see and know; the on air product. And it seems to validate my theory.

And, retroactively, it explains to my satisfaction why Test never got to "get his revenge" in 2000 after HHH's stealing Steph at the altar. This reminds me of my longest standing episode of fan frustration; Jannetty never really "getting back" Michaels for the barber shop window incident. Instead of Test pursuing Triple H as a face and eventually getting a decisive win over him to put him over, the injustice done by Triple H to Test (in storyline) was ignored for several months, and then selectively resurrected when Triple H was the face, Test was the heel, and they had a mini feud which resulting in Triple H destroying Test and tag partner Albert in a lightning quick handicap match.

I am disappointed with the downturn in product quality. I search for an explanation. I come up with the Triple H poltics theory. The evidence I have seen (on air product, 2000-2002) seems to verify my theory. Therefore, I convict HHH in my personal mental court of being to current WWF/E what Nash was to WCW; the political cancer sabotaging the health of the company for his own sake. Only Triple H's crime is somehow higher because he's doing it through a presumably sexual relationship with the boss' daughter. In WCW, there was always the chance that the executive ass someone had painstakingly kissed could be fired and they'd have to work for it again. That won't happen to Steph. Vince will fire his biggest star before he fires his daughter...wait, that's basically what just happened!

Now, it's one thing if Triple H was so damn good and so damn charismatic that he was worthy of being the top star anyway. But he is not. The Rock and Steve Austin move and have moved more T-shirts, generated more mainstream interest (do you think Triple H's guest spot on Pacific Blue on the USA network in 98 made any new wrestling fans? HAH!) than Triple H, yet Triple H is repeatedly booked over them at his benefit and their expense. And I have flashbacks to Erik Watts, and the stories I have heard about Verne Gagne and his son Greg in the AWA, who was pushed as "the man" at the expense of a can't miss superstar in the making named Hulk Hogan.

The quality of his matches (or lack thereof) is just icing on the cake for me, and additional ammo that I have the option to use to "legitimize" my disdain, but truth is, it really doesn't enter into it.

Basically, Triple H is everything I hated about Steve Austin and Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels at their heights, and his relationship with Stephanie locks him into that position in a way more permanent than Austin, Nash, and Michaels ever were. My favorite wrestlers are buried because pushing them would be to the detriment of Triple H's character, and for that alone. They are not buried because "nobody wants to see them" or "they can't draw" or whatever. Triple H himself proved in 99 and 00 that Vince McMahon can get over anyone he wants to get over, and then make the majority of the fans think they were the ones that demanded the guy be put over in the first place. Why can't they just decide that Jericho is going to be over, and put every resource to getting him over as was done for Triple H?

That is my frustration, and the reason for my Triple H resentment.

Hope that explains it.

Guest MrRant
it would be perfect if he went back to playing a heel again. i wouldn't mind seeing him feud with edge, but he needs to get steph back

Yes... bring Steph back... IN LEATHER dammit. Nothing better than those wide hips in leather.

Guest Flyboy
it would be perfect if he went back to playing a heel again.  i wouldn't  mind seeing him feud with edge, but he needs to get steph back

Yes... bring Steph back... IN LEATHER dammit. Nothing better than those wide hips in leather.

Hell, I even agree with that.

Guest Shaved Bear
I can break it down into this.

His use of politics is actually badly affecting the company's success.

thats it in a nutshell

Guest chirs3

I joke and kid about HHH's backstage politics, I don't really believe or disbelieve them. S'why I'm not a full fledged HHHater.

I DO hate Triple H for making Jericho and, on occasions, Angle, look like complete and total bitches on TV.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

On the RVD/HHH thing...

HHH gets a huge pop for his music...then his matches are heatless.

RVD gets a lesser pop for his enterance...but his matches are always HOT.

oh yeah...and good too.

Guest Perfect Plex

If all the political rumors are ever proven, I will humbly take back every single thing I have ever said in HHH's defense.

Until that day, I have about as much evidence to support those rumors as I do to support Santa Claus's existence.

You take that away, and there's the undeniable fact that his matches have suffered greatly since his return. Not even the most stubborn HHH supporter could say otherwise. But I've been behind the man, rooting for him above all others since '98 when HBK retired. It will take more than a few months of less-than-spectactular matches to make me turn on my current favorite. I love Angle, Benoit, and to a slightly lesser extent, Jericho and RVD, but I don't see how they're being held down. It would appear that many people on this forum have decided that since HHH has been designated "Satan", anyone they like, or "Good Guys" must be his natural enemy. Therefore, since HHH has EARNED the stroke he has backstage, every time one of these other men don't kick all possible ass and look like God doing it, it must be HHH's fault.

Like I said, if this is ever proven, I will be the first to kiss the ass of all the HHHaters. But until then it is nothing but propaganda, and not hard facts, as much as you may want it to be.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

wait a minute.

You CANT see how Jericho has been held down since HHH returned?

SERIOUSLY?