TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

WWE Raw - March 23, 2009

Not a surprise, but a full fledged return tomorrow night on Raw of Stephanie McMahon, to save the HHH vs. Randy Orton angle.

Before clicking the link, I thought it would be Timothy Well.

I don't think it needs saving. The hokey movie stuff is dumb, but the actual brawling between the two has been great. I loved the brawl in Orton's (fake) house.

They need to play up the hatred more and the fact that ever since HHH turned on him, these guys do not like each other. Stephanie coming back just means that someone is gong to have to walk a dog.

Have Stephanie eat a punt.

The whole "He's taking out the McMahons" angle is flawed since Stephanie's back. Legacy can always trap HHH, Orton snaps, PUNT! Then he can do his freaked out face.

They also messed up by doing the don't touch rule, and then having Orton break it two days later.

The best use of that was in 01, HHH v. Austin-

HHH pretended to sign the contract but lied so he could beat up Austin more

HHH pedigreed JR

Austin stunned Stephanie

I got nothing from WWE.com, except that an offer has been made to Rourke. Maybe he'll show up. What will happen next between Shawn Michaels and The Underaker? Will the Intercontinental Championship get more air time?

This and much more all on Monday Night Raw!

I thought they were going for a double turn at Mania, à la Austin/Hart, and that's why HHH seemed so unlikable, and Orton was coming off as slightly more sympathetic. But after watching Smackdown, HHH seemed to be staunchly face, again. So, HHH coming off as a jackass appears to be quite unintentional, which is the main problem with this storyline.

I thought they were going for a double turn a Mania, à la Austin/Hart, and that's why HHH seemed so unlikable, and Orton was coming off as slightly more sympathetic. But after watching Smackdown, HHH seemed to be staunchly face, again. So, HHH coming off as a jackass appears to be quite unintentional, which is the main problem with this storyline.

Turning Orton face would be horrible. I hate it, but with Steph as a general manager she can't be 'with' a face wrestler. Authority figures always play heelish roles, so it seems fairly obvious Orton is going to beat HHH by siding with Steph (thus giving HHH another reign when he GETS HIS REVENGE ON HIS WIFE!!!!!!!) and making the storyling all about HHH vs. A McMahon instead of HHH vs. Randy Orton.

I don't know who is going to win the Triple Threat (probably Cena) but it's a fair bet if this goes on in the middle of Wrestlemania that Steph is going heel with Orton and Cena wins to close the show. If the Triple Threat goes first, then HHH is finally getting a Mania win (since he's gone like 3-5 in this decade and hasn't had a win since WM 19)

I thought they were going for a double turn a Mania, à la Austin/Hart, and that's why HHH seemed so unlikable, and Orton was coming off as slightly more sympathetic. But after watching Smackdown, HHH seemed to be staunchly face, again. So, HHH coming off as a jackass appears to be quite unintentional, which is the main problem with this storyline.

Turning Orton face would be horrible. I hate it, but with Steph as a general manager she can't be 'with' a face wrestler. Authority figures always play heelish roles, so it seems fairly obvious Orton is going to beat HHH by siding with Steph (thus giving HHH another reign when he GETS HIS REVENGE ON HIS WIFE!!!!!!!) and making the storyling all about HHH vs. A McMahon instead of HHH vs. Randy Orton.

I don't know who is going to win the Triple Threat (probably Cena) but it's a fair bet if this goes on in the middle of Wrestlemania that Steph is going heel with Orton and Cena wins to close the show. If the Triple Threat goes first, then HHH is finally getting a Mania win (since he's gone like 3-5 in this decade and hasn't had a win since WM 19)

I think Orton has been the face during the fued. Even if as I said, it wasn't intentional. Vince was asking for it. Shane demanded a match and was desperate to take on Orton, so he was asking for it too. The only really heelish thing he did was giving his finishing move to a defenseless woman, and, well, she's fine now. Orton as a face can work, he doesn't have to change much, just make his opponent worse than he is.

I doubt they'd have Stephanie turn since it's just been established with she's with HHH, and they might want to keep them together so if she ever does turn it will have more impact. I'd hate to see HHH and Stephanie turning on each other all the time, it would end up like Kurt and Karen and just lose all meaning and importance.

I don't see the triple threat going on last... and as a result... I see Edge winning there and HHH winning against Orton.

The whole "He's taking out the McMahons" angle is flawed since Stephanie's back. Legacy can always trap HHH, Orton snaps, PUNT! Then he can do his freaked out face.

They also messed up by doing the don't touch rule, and then having Orton break it two days later.

HHH pedigreed JR

Austin stunned Stephanie

One of the best video packages ever done by WWF.

HHH pedigreed JR

Austin stunned Stephanie

One of the best video packages ever done by WWF.

That was good retaliation from HHH - Austin stuns his wife, so he pedigrees Austin's girlfriend

But, HHH deserved it more because according to JR, HHH cost Austin the WWFmygod title which is apparently more important then just the regular WWF title

I personally expect Big Show to leave Mania with the belt because that's the best option (as opposed to Edge being an opportunistic heel or Cena getting the feel-good win less than 6 months from his last title win).

I really really hope they do a double-turn for HHH/Orton with Priceless double-crossing Orton and joining HHH. That's the only way this makes any sense.

I personally expect Big Show to leave Mania with the belt

Do you know the difference between 'expect' and 'prefer'? I don't think anybody expects Big Show to win. I'd put his odds at about 5%, with Edge having 45% and Cena 50%.

I personally expect Big Show to leave Mania with the belt

Do you know the difference between 'expect' and 'prefer'? I don't think anybody expects Big Show to win. I'd put his odds at about 5%, with Edge having 45% and Cena 50%.

Nobody expects Show to walk out as champion which means he's got a good shot of doing so.

Stephanie needs to get punted into the stratosphere. The build up to WM has been very underwhelming this year, with the Orton/HHH build being particularly haphazard.

I'd assume the 3way title match will go on in the middle since it's received less hype than the Orton-HHH match. To me, that indicates Big Show will win the title since either an Edge or Cena win would get the crowd too excited. No one really feels one way or the other about Big Show right now, so I think it would make more sense for him to win and get no reaction instead of draining the crowd for the rest of the show. You can establish his face/heel status starting the next night.

hardy vs ziggler with extreme rules?

hopefully we'll get to see a jeff hardy vs cm punk extreme rules match maybe next week, that'd be awesome