TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Czech please!

LeAnn Rimes

LeAnn Rimes' alleged relationship with soap opera star Eddie Cibrian -- her co-star in the current Lifetime movie ''Nora Roberts' Northern Lights'' -- deepened when she ''began crying on his shoulder'' about troubles in her marriage to Dean Sheremet, a Lifetime source tells me.

Someone close to Rimes says Sheremet loves her and wants to "work through" his gay issues.

However, various Hollywood sources including Lifetime insiders claim Rimes and Cibrian are more than ''just friends,'' pointing to several romantic sightings of the entertainers around L.A. in recent weeks.

The singer and actress has always laughed off the gay rumors about Sheremet, claiming ''it's because he comes from the world of dance.''

A music industry source close to Rimes says Sheremet is gay, but has been ''trying to work through it, believing he can change, as ridiculous as that sounds in this day and age. ... He continues to say he deeply loves LeAnn and wants to have kids with her.''

Discuss how you have worked through your own gay issues.

Buying Cher albums.

Her "How Can I Live Without You" hit is never going to sound the same.

Hey, she has her own breakup song to cry to when it comes on the radio and she'll say "Oh man, this song is totally about what I went through!"

I took drama classes for three of my four years in high school. Not counting a couple of bi-curious females, no one I knew in that scene was openly gay. There was one guy whom I found out, six or seven years after graduating, was not only now openly gay, but a twink as well.

I found him on MySpace, where he had a number of nude-save-for-an-artfully-placed-hand-or-angled-camera pics. (FYI, I've posted these pics elsewhere on the board.) He was fit and toned, a vast improvement over his old, chubby self. I also remember him being terribly homophobic. It's not surprising to learn that there was a reason he acted ridiculously macho (not only was he liberal with his use of the word "faggot," he also often talked about all the girls he wanted to bang, such as Madonna and Alanis Morissette), but we all assumed he was gay anyway, because other than his being fat, he perpetrated almost every gay stereotype you can think of.

I did drama for 4 out of 5 high school years and only one guy was openly gay in class, though some of us (me included) got our fair share of gay remarks/rumors. The response to those remarks was simple: ball a hot drama chick.

I did drama for 4 out of 5 high school years and only one guy was openly gay in class, though some of us (me included) got our fair share of gay remarks/rumors. The response to those remarks was simple: ball a hot drama chick.

is this some sort of Canadian thing?

My tendency for flair and the fact I wrote a lot and did drama made people think I was suspect. Add in the fact I was one of the few who wasn't interested in the cheerleaders and sluts while I was on the football team and things got interesting. I joked around with it quite a bit; when I finally got my girlfriend most people were like, "Oh he's just bi".

I think Ontario has a different system.

Two of my friends in high school were pretty obviously gay, but both worked hard to get over their gay issues. To link this thread over to the one about fake tans, one of them got one before Prom and was the target of much good-natured ridicule. The girls and I had to explain to him that fake tans are for girls, and guys are expected to just be outside and stuff. His beard had a huge rack and turned out to be a lesbian:

n26702592_30207996_3525.jpg

When I was in high school, it was the 90s, the South, and these were teen-agers. Given all that, it's surprising that there wasn't much homophobic hatred directed toward the drama students. In fact, up until my senior-year drama class—which required a passing grade in the previous classes and had a small cap for student admission—the drama classes were often frequented by jocks, who were under the mistaken impression it would be an easy 'A.' Well, it was an easy 'A,' but somewhere along the way the jocks got to believing they wouldn't have to do much work. Anyway, the senior-year class was the one I shared with Todd, the twink from my previous post.

The bulk of my senior-year class were serious about drama, though they never got anywhere for all their talk. I think most were indifferent or confused about the idea of homosexuality. They knew it existed but had never given it any thought. Shortly after graduating, I got a job at Blockbuster Video, where I ended up working with Nick, one of my former classmates and "serious" drama student. A couple of the people who worked at the store were gay, so he, Nick, took the opportunity to educate himself about homosexuality, becoming, I guess, a more open-minded, well-rounded person.

Back to the serious students, only one of them had any legitimate talent, I felt (it wasn't Nick, who, for one monologue, while playing a drunk with Brooklyn accent, produced the unintended result of sounding mentally challenged); I don't know what became of the talented one after graduating, outside of learning that his girlfriend, also from that class, got pregnant with a child that wasn't his.

I think I should take some course of action against my numerous feminine characteristics. I'll start with a haircut.

is this some sort of Canadian thing?

Not any more but it was when I went. Grade 13 was called OAC (Ontario Academic Credits) and at the time pretty much all post-secondary institutions wanted to see OAC courses on your applications.