TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

ECW - March 24, 2009

WWE taped this week's edition of ECW on Sci-Fi at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Special thanks to readers James Dennis, Tiffany Walker, and Tim Wright for sending live text-message updates. If you are attending a future WWE television taping and would be interested in sending us text-message updates, please email your name, mobile number, and show date to wnwryan [at] yahoo.com. Thanks for your support!

* A WrestleMania video package is shown.

Dark Match:

* Melina b. Jillian Hall in a non-title match

- Lots of back and forth action. Melina gets most of the offense. The crowd is behind her. Jillian gets a lot of heat. Jillian connects with an electric chair drop on Melina. She attempts to charge Melina into the corner but Melina counters with a sunset flip for the roll-up pinfall.

ECW On Sci-Fi: (Airing Tomorrow)

* Carlito w/Primo Colon & Brie Bella b. John Morrison w/The Miz & Nikki Bella

- Fast paced match. Morrison kicks Carlito off the top rope then dropkicks him outside. Morrison brings Carlito back in and puts a sleeper on him. The crowd is behind Carlito. Carlito regains control. The Miz & John Morrison try to leave but Teddy Long stops them. Long announces that the tag team unification match at WrestleMania will be a lumberjack match and several mid-card workers come out. Morrison gets back in the ring and misses Carlito with a kick. He becomes distracted by the lumberjacks and Carlito hits the backstabber for the win.

* Tommy Dreamer & Evan Bourne b. Jack Swagger & Tyson Kidd

- Another fast paced match. Kidd & Bourne start out going back and forth. Dreamer pounds on Kidd. He goes for tree of woe but hits Bourne with a splash instead. Swagger stomps Dreamer for a while and tags Kidd. He does the same and tags him back. Swagger beats up on Dreamer again. Dreamer connects with a belly-to-belly suplex. Dreamer gets the hot tag to Bourne who connects a shooting star press on Kidd for the win.

* MVP's VIP Lounge is up next with all the Money in the Bank participants. A WrestleMania video package is shown and then MVP comes out. He gets a mixed response from the crowd. Finlay comes out to a big pop. Kofi Kingston comes out to an even bigger pop. Mark Henry is out next to a lot of heat. Christian is out to a huge pop while Shelton Bejmain comes out to heat. Kane comes out next to the loudest pop of the evening. CM Punk also gets a good pop. Basically each participant says that are going to win at WrestleMania and gives a reason why. Shelton draws major heat. MVP rubs in the fact that he is the United States Champion. Kane laughs at him and gets another huge pop. This concludes this week's ECW.

----------------------------

This was taken from Rajah.com.

I'm tempted to complain about the tag match turning into a lumberjack match, since those two teams have been having great matches on their own, but let's face it... the tag match is going to get under 10 minutes anyway, so it likely wouldn't amount to anything nearly as good as the free TV matches even if it was a standard tag match.

Yeah, this is probably the best way to ensure that everyone is going to get to appear at WrestleMania and get the WrestleMania paycheck.

Unless I'm wrong, wasn't ECW suppose to be all-divas? WWE dropped that idea fast.

Blatant false advertising. This actually had me interested in ECW, which I never had an interest in. And now I still have no interest.

No happy about Obama bumping Tuesday TV either, I think I'll go to the gym.

You genuinely wanted the all divas show?

Yes, out of morbid curiousity.

As it turns out, it's still going to happen.... just not this week. There was apparently a WWE Mobile segment posted last night in which Tiffany, Teddy Long, Natalya and Katie Lea brainstormed ideas for the event.