TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zhangmeijie

Kevin Nash: what a bore

Yeah, yeah, yeah we all know the joke about MSG. It seems to be the in thing to pretend Kevin Nash is some sort of god, or genius or even an athlete. Take it from me none of the above is true.

Ok so he is has being funny and or entertaining in TNA, to a point anyway, but really who cares?

Kevin Nash is the most boring man on the planet, nay the universe

It is a puzzle I have long tried to decipher, why does Nash get chance after chance when he is a walking colossal bore. Will we never be rid of the wolrd's least intresting wrestler. (WCW first run Unfunny and can't act at all can't wrestle. WWF run Unfunny and can't act at all and can just about wrestle. WCW second run as WWF. WWE run the same. TNA run Funny all of a sudden and still can't act. What little wrestling ability there was long gone.) Um sorry if this sounds like a character assassination, but that is the idea. Sure other wrestlers have outstayed their welcome or keep popping up for one more pay day. (Hello Mr Hogan, Mr Foley.) Most of them though can still put on a good or at least fair show. Nash has never put on a good show, at least not where it counts most. Fan support and numbers.

WWE (F), WCW and TNA have all tried to turn him into a dollar sign and all have failed, Nash just can't draw when it counts. Let's turn the clock back for a minute and look at his WWF World title run in 1994. He held the title for a long time and faced some good opponents. (Bret, HBK and um Mabel well ok not all good.) Did he draw a dime? No and while some of the matches looked good it was mostly his opponent who made him look good. As they say it takes two to tango and logic says Nash must have done some of the work but even the man himself has admitted to his shortcomings in these matches. For example on the HBK from the vault DVD. He had and has basic if any ring skills and moved like a tortise.

Now I love basic brawlers, but even I draw the line somewhere.

He also couldn't emote to save his life, one of the few areas he has improved a bit at least he can cut a average promo now.

Nash is now about 48 years old and if anything is even less mobile than ever, injuries ensure that. It's an in joke that every Nash match may have him suffer an injury for no apparent reason. Or it was in his WWE run anyway. Joke it may be but he has suffered injuries for no reason in particular before. Look at his 'comeback' in 2003 he had a seriously dull run as the Number One contender to HHH (Who was himself having a bad year) and suffered injuries seemingly at random. (Six Knee injuries a Quad tear and a biceps rapture.)

This makes me ponder just what in the hell he was even doing in a ring in 2003, or now. He should retire for his body alone. Lest we forget though in wrestling, more in WWE than TNA but still both, if you can cut a good scripted promo and can at least punch and kick other shortcomings will be ignored. However, and comedy, aside has Nash even had one interview / angle / talking segment other than comedy which was good or even passable? In WWF he was kept far away from the mic and got over because of his 'talent'. (size, power and not a lot else.) This was a good idea. In WCW he mostly stood around looking vaguely intresting and had cool hair. Hall and Hogan did the talking and all the better. This, again, was a good idea. His Solo efforts post NWO in WCW and WWE showed a man who didn't care and did not want to better himself.

Getting away from the talking I seriously do not understand ,giving the lack of overall talent, why Nash always gets another chance. Well actually I do Nash bends bookers to his point of view, he manipulates them. He treats peers as somebody to use and he regularly disses anybody who opposes his views. (He also disses the business publicly.) Somehow the bookers fall for this time and again.

By now you are probably thinking boy I really hate Kevin Nash, or have a chip on my shoulder, or am just ranting about hating him.

You're wrong I love him in fact. I was a huge Diesel mark and NWO mark and despite the fact he never lived up to the hype I always enjoyed a Nash match. His role in TNA meanwhile really suits his (lack of) talents and is one of the companies better non home grown assets. So long live Kevin Nash the most boring entertainer you will ever see.

It's still neither big nor funny to pretend to like him though.

zhangmeijie!

zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie, zhangmeijie!

I know this is basically a joke thread, but hell I'll give it a serious response. Kevin Nash in my opinion is underrated as a worker. I can always watch his matches without getting bored, and I think he works the mic pretty well. Is he the greatest big man ever? Not a chance. But I think he made the most of his limited talent and then some.

I know this is basically a joke thread, but hell I'll give it a serious response. Kevin Nash in my opinion is underrated as a worker. I can always watch his matches without getting bored, and I think he works the mic pretty well. Is he the greatest big man ever? Not a chance. But I think he made the most of his limited talent and then some.

Um it's not meant to be a joke thread. :angry:

I never liked Nash in WWE during his run in the mid 90's. I remember watching his match against Taker at Mania XII and just thinking 'man Diesel is boring and I only like his finisher, its sweet!" That was the mark in me when I had NO CLUE what workrate means or even considered myself a smark. I just knew that whenever the belt rung, I did not care what Diesel did in the ring. The promos were okay and so was the look and music, but the slow walk to the ring and the slow boring matches did nothing for me.

The Nash jumped ship to WCW and things got interesting really fast for the simple fact that it was one of the first times (in my life at least) where major lines of 'reality' were being jumped. Nash and Hall showing up was sweet and just taking out everyone in WCW. Nash's WCW was largely entertaining to me because of the shoot promos and other silly antics he would do in the ring. I LOVED The Outsiders and The Wolfpac.Once Nash and Hall broke up I never really cared for the guy, his return to WWE was meet with the same reaction as when I was a child during his run in the mid 90's.

Then Nash came to TNA and once again the funny promos came with him. Nash is at his best when he is able to walk into a promotion and pretty much do what he wants to do and display the charisma he has. The Paparazzi Productions and other segments were made gold because of the guy.

I guess what I am trying to say...in short....

Nash on commentary and on the mic is always fun, but Nash strapping up the boots causes me to tune out and watch something else.

Nash looks a lot younger with that short haircut. I don't understand why he grew it all back out if he's not going to color it.

I never liked Nash in WWE during his run in the mid 90's. I remember watching his match against Taker at Mania XII and just thinking 'man Diesel is boring and I only like his finisher, its sweet!" That was the mark in me when I had NO CLUE what workrate means or even considered myself a smark. I just knew that whenever the belt rung, I did not care what Diesel did in the ring. The promos were okay and so was the look and music, but the slow walk to the ring and the slow boring matches did nothing for me.

The Nash jumped ship to WCW and things got interesting really fast for the simple fact that it was one of the first times (in my life at least) where major lines of 'reality' were being jumped. Nash and Hall showing up was sweet and just taking out everyone in WCW. Nash's WCW was largely entertaining to me because of the shoot promos and other silly antics he would do in the ring. I LOVED The Outsiders and The Wolfpac.Once Nash and Hall broke up I never really cared for the guy, his return to WWE was meet with the same reaction as when I was a child during his run in the mid 90's.

Then Nash came to TNA and once again the funny promos came with him. Nash is at his best when he is able to walk into a promotion and pretty much do what he wants to do and display the charisma he has. The Paparazzi Productions and other segments were made gold because of the guy.

I guess what I am trying to say...in short....

Nash on commentary and on the mic is always fun, but Nash strapping up the boots causes me to tune out and watch something else.

This is exactly what I was trying to say in the first place. Only you said it much, much better than me.

Agreed, I didn't much care for Nash in the WWF during his biggest push, but I loved the guy in WCW during the Outsiders angle and his TNA work has always entertained the hell out of me. I even kinda liked him during his jobber Vinnie Vegas days.