TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MikeJordan23

Vince Mcmahon calls TNA programming "Reprehensible"

Come on. TNA is nowhere near the WWE in terms of "real" ratings. If they went head to head, WWE would easily win out. And ratings don't mean much when your PPV buys are in the fucking shitter, and WWE's are not compared to TNA's.

Why does everyone worry about ratings and ppv buys, and who draws the most? I also dont understand when people are excited about box office numbers, or record sales.

Because that's the difference between becoming a monster powerhouse company that could actually compete with WWE or Panda Energy saying fuck you and pulling all of their money out of the company. Were you born yesterday?

I would like to see a company I support do well. I want them to be as strong as they can be in all areas, because when they are that's usually when they can put the best product forward (booking bigger arenas,singing well known talent, pyro, good theme music, stage setups..etc). TNA buyrates and ratings are important online because of two different schools of though that are constantly battling each other and one of the ways of thinking is obviously running the product 95% of the time while the other school of though runs the product the remaining 5%. TNA acts as though this is 1998 and their booking reflects that and because of that TNA has presented some things that clearly show they do not have their fingers on the pulse of modern wrestling. The other school of thought, that 5% gives TNA their highest rated segments and PPV buyrates. This way of thinking is more of a smark approach to the business and keeping everything simple.

The ratings feul both sides of the argument and for a company STILL trying to find its identity after 7 years, its pretty important in where the company goes and usually ratings can predict that.

Which one of you bozos has a sledgehammer laying around the house and if you do, why?

We've got one in our garage, but mostly only because we've also got every other tool and hardware known to man. Except for a chainsaw. Always wanted a chainsaw, dammit.

As for the TV-14 bashing, it's actually just Vince going back to his old argument. Before the Attitude era, the WWF in outside interviews would constantly knock NWA/WCW for being overly violent and adult. This even went so far as to criticize things which weren't violent and adult but just claimed to be, like the first Uncensored ppv.

But apparently it was OK for Vince when he had Kaientai try to choppy-choppy Val Venis' pee-pee, give us Katie Vick and watch HHH perform a necrophiliac's wet dream, or Mae Young giving birth to a hand. If Vince does it it's creative, apparently. :huh:

You guys are totally overthinking this. I bet Vince has never even seen TNA. He said what he said to get over being PG now, it had nothing to do with TNA. He was putting his company over.

As for smackdown ratings vs. TNA ratings, network TV is rated differently than cable so the ratings are not even remotely close.