TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

GDC 2009

Another DS Zelda? I am so there. Looks good too. I don't know what to make of the train stuff, but I never know what to make of the new 'oh that doesn't look so hot' Zelda addition and it always ends up being ok to good, so I'm not worried.

About time. There were also two FinalFantasy WiiWare games announced too.

Are they both more Crystal Chronicles Crap? (I'm ok with CC, I just like alliteration) or something else?

Don't Stop Believin' is coming to Rock Band in the near future. Now where the fuck is You Give Love A Bad Name?!

Something I just thought of, did they specify if the new Zelda is going to be DS or DSi? Because sure I'd upgrade to the DSi for Zelda, but I'd rather not have to.

Something I just thought of, did they specify if the new Zelda is going to be DS or DSi? Because sure I'd upgrade to the DSi for Zelda, but I'd rather not have to.

DS, at least according to the trailer.

I wouldn't be shocked if they made it DSi-only to hock the new hardware, though.

Another MGS in the works

At his keynote speech at the Game Developers Conference today, Hideo Kojima as good as confirmed that another Metal Gear Solid game is in development.

Having taken us through all the design hurdles, or "missions" he's overcome in the history of the Metal Gear series, he concluded the talk by presenting the final mission: "The Next MGS."

He said he wanted to tackle this mission using a combination of Japanese and Western development philosophies. He described his approach, the typical Japanese approach, as being design-led, while he identified the recent trend in Western game development as being led by software technology, particularly the freedom of open-world games.

He invited developers in the audience to challenge his "old-style" approach by coming and talking to Kojima Productions, and perhaps working there. The studio's hiring at the show.

It doesn't quite amount to a formal announcement of a new Metal Gear Solid, and it was met with a muted reception at the keynote. Perhaps this was because the audience wasn't sure if Kojima was joking (it was a light-hearted talk), or perhaps because it's no great surprise.

Is this what we can expect to see from Kojima at this year's E3? We can't be sure.

No indication if its PS3 only or on the 360 too. But given how established the 360 is, and studios facing a the 'credit crunch' I can't see them holding back a multiformat release. The GDC has been pretty decent so far, I'd almost go to say its topped last year's E3 in terms of information.

Remember like 2 games ago supposedly we'd seen the last Kojima MGS? Yeah...

I'd rather hear of a new ZotE, but whatever.

I suspect Kojima's bosses would boil his balls in oil if this were another PS3 exclusive.