COD: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Developer: Infinity Ward

Release: 11.10.09

Formats: PC, PS3, 360

Game Info: Coming Soon

"Facts":

Voice actor Ken Lally, who has previously provided motion capture work for the Resident Evil 5 character Albert Wesker, confirmed that he provided voice work for Modern Warfare 2; his role in the game was not specified.
- Wikipedia entry

Aye, but its Call of Duty. They can try and rebrand it and deny it isn't, but it is.

Activision has confirmed that Modern Warfare 2 will launch worldwide on 10th November this year, and seems to have confirmed that it will no longer carry the "Call of Duty" name.

The press release establishing the date - following on from the GDC teaser trailer that originally announced it - studiously avoids referring to the game as "Call of Duty".

Activision representatives had not returned our request for comment on that yesterday, but a US rep told GameSpot: "Modern Warfare has taken on such a life of its own, it has become our focus now."

The release also said that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - the first Infinity Ward game in what now appears to be a spin-off series - has sold more than 12 million units worldwide based on figures from NPD and GfK/Chart-Track.

If Modern Warfare is now its own series, the expectation is that Call of Duty will continue to play out in the hands of Infinity Ward's stablemate Treyarch, which developed last year's phenomenally successful and warmly received World at War.

- www.eurogamer.com

Makes sense though, so we're not left with Call of Duty 7: Modern Warfare 3 and shit like that. Modern Warfare will survive as its own franchise as the first one was hugely popular, probably one of the most popular games released on Next Gen format so far (across both the PS3 and Xbox formats).

Oh yeah, people will still know what it is. I'm just hoping I will enjoy it. I quickly grew tired of World at War. The spawn points being horrible and the addition of vehicles- while promising in theory- really hurt the game. I put hundreds of hours into COD4 online in 8 months or so, but only have around 27 hours at last count in 4 months of World at War. Hell, I haven't even played the game since *checks Xbox.com* 2 months ago. Basically, I'm hoping that I just don't enjoy World at War and that I didn't get tired of the COD gameplay overall.

I do, too, but WaW did use the same engine as Modern Warfare. It felt like Modern Warfare. I just hope I don't have COD fatigue. COD4 was my favorite multiplayer game of all time, and I want to be able to enjoy that feeling again. Actually, I'd like to with WaW, but unless double XP is on (and sometimes even when it is) I have no desire to play. Yet, I don't want to get rid of the game.

For some reason I actually like WaW's multiplayer better than Modern Warfare. I think it's because there seems to be more variety in the weapons.