TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cobainwasmurdered

DECLASSIFIED: Seriously

In any case, bringing up the worst poster tournament is something I wanted to do, so I'm glad you did. We probably shouldn't do that tournament again. It's bad.

It got rid of Goldengreek, so I'd have to call it a success. I mean sure we'll all miss his extensive arial offence, but I think we'll manage.

Clarifying what happened here:

* Maffers argued amongst themselves about how unfairly they should treat posters whom they don't like.

* The new regime publicized their thread.

* Maffers promptly hid what they had written by editing out their posts, despite privately making comments like:

How many all time great idiotic posts would have been ruined if the idiot could just erase it from history?

However, here is a similar exchange.

Re: Jaxxson Mayhem. Not explaining a sports team love is NOT a suspendable offense. Seriously, this guy is not a bad poster at all. Why are we bothering with the head games?

No, you're wrong; he's an idiot, and it irritates me the way he's been insulting me and Bob instead of just answering the damn question, which is an incredibly simple one, at that.

aren't we supposed to like DISCUSS shit like this before action is taken?

Nah, he's small potatoes. Just some dumbshit townie Hoosier who's been giving a few folks a hard time. He just needs to be slapped around a little. This would be like asking for your permission to take a leak.

That's the DMC reign in a nutshell.

When they started, they knew they were a clique, EVERYONE knew they were a clique, but said they wouldn't ACT like a clique.

Shockingly, they started the fucking with people they don't like within a few weeks. Or Sir Emotional About Message Boards VX's oft-used, people that "don't matter". Because, you know, guys like CWM and NYU are fucking great posters that are so intelligent and "useful".

So, they'd fuck with people. The majority would mindlessly agree. There would be a few that would dissent occasionally... usually for inane reasons like "they're cool with me", "we talk on AIM", "we played in a Fantasy league", and most often "I don't view that folder, so whatever". Czech, Keiper and Cheech in his short time were the only ones that would offer anything constructive about them picking on the "unpopular" posters, and shockingly, they were given shit about it and nearly booted. Not that Czech and Keiper don't have their own irrational hatred for people.

This escalated over time, especially with Czech as it seems he got tired of how the staff handled things and started doing things by himself. Not that I blame him... but, the Jaxxson shit was ridiculous.

And, sadly, the DMC guys were the best staff this board has had since the early Dames days. When Sass became Dear Fuhrer, this place turned into complete shit.

Of course, most here want this board to be shit, so meh.

Is there a legitimate reason to get mad about things happening on a message board?

And that is 100% a serious question.

It's like Leeter patting itself on the back for being "right" about things that happened here. It's a fucking message board, not something that matters in any way, shape or form; why are you patting yourself on the back?

I guess I just don't get it. I swear, message board drama is even gheyer than it was in 2001.

Sign in to follow this