TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Czech please!

Working on a theory.

I'm just voting for the songs I like more. That said, I fucking hate Build Me Up Buttercup, and am psychologically urged to reach for a knife and a victim every time I hear it. I seriously, wholly, hate that goddamn song. Like, top ten songs I hate for all eternity. It's not quite Smash Mouth or Soul Asylum levels, but it's right there.

I get what he means. Something about the production, instrumentation, or whatever about popular music from the 1960s will occasionally compel someone to enter a violent rage. It's not always the same song from person to person, but everyone has one.

Mine is "Sweet Caroline."

"Incense and Peppermints," here.

Sweet Caroline. The drunken frat-boy douchebag crowd participation parts: "bah-bah-baaaahs" and "so good! so good! so goods" turn me into a bitter hatemonger.

"Incense and Peppermints," here.

Oooooh, that is a good one.

'Hang On Sloopy'

No, I like that song!

Sweet Caroline. The drunken frat-boy douchebag crowd participation parts: "bah-bah-baaaahs" and "so good! so good! so goods" turn me into a bitter hatemonger.

Hazel Mae's wicked haht for a flip!

Fucking "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In." Boomer assholes actually listened to that shit?

But y'know, this certainly isn't limited to songs from the 60s. For instance, my initial thought here was "Dream Weaver," the mere mention of which is enough to send me into a bloodthirsty rampage for days on end. But it was released in 1976, and therefore would not qualify.

Hating "Build Me Up Buttercup" is pretty inexplicable, if you ask me. It's inoffensive, and I actually enjoyed its use in the ending sequence of There's Something About Mary. Of all the terrible songs out there, '60s songs or otherwise, why the vitriol for that one? And you just know that Agent's going to contract some sort of disease in Puerto Rico, so I'll never be able to ask him.

"For What It's Worth" has a nice intro before the vocals start but its overbearing air of Social Relevance make me hate it so much.

"Sweet Caroline" owns. You guys are dumb.

Says the man who loves the song "Prom Girl."

Fucking "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In." Boomer assholes actually listened to that shit?

But y'know, this certainly isn't limited to songs from the 60s. For instance, my initial thought here was "Dream Weaver," the mere mention of which is enough to send me into a bloodthirsty rampage for days on end. But it was released in 1976, and therefore would not qualify.

The first part of this gets a YES! Even with it being used at the end of 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN, it's still an annoying piece of cow dung.

The second part, not so much. As bad as the song is, it will forever be the song that Wayne Campbell hears when he first fell in love with Casandra for me. And for that reason alone, it becomes more awesome!

Don't. Stop. Believing.

No, really. Please stop.

And before I go, isn't "South Detroit" in fucking Canada?

And also, Total Eclipse of the Heart. I leave my bar everytime that fucking song comes on.