TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
White Stripes Sabin

ROH vs. CHIKARA: Would it Work?

Everyone remembers the ROH vs. CZW feud. One of the best in recent memory and LEAGUES past The InVasion angle. I would like to know everyone's thoughts. How would something like this kick off? What would be the purpose of them crossing paths? How will it end? What's the top three biggest matches that can occur? Will it draw any money?

I thought about this for some time and I think the dynamic would be interesting but it would be a REAL clash os styles as CHIKARA is full of gimmicks and is heavy on the Lucha style whereas ROH is more serious and realistic and everyone is about the mat,technical style, and high flying. I can see a CHIKARA invasion working on a small level as a mini program with some of ROH's most serious and uncharismatic guys. It would be ROH guys like The American Wolves,Erick Stevens,Strong and Brent Albright battling it out against some of CHIKARA's best. Most of the matches would be comedy and the whole angle would be CHIKARA trying to bring humor to ROH and have the guy mentioned to loosen up and 'be more cool in the ring', and the ROH guys will be pissed because CHIKARA is always playing around and not taking anything serious so they are going to beat some seriousness into them.

The writing for this would have to be very delicate though because it can easily verge straight into wrestlecrap. However seeing Brent Albright take a powerbomb through a table that is covered in sprinkles...would put a smile on any smarks face.

:)

And the fact that their general styles were so vastly different. Technical/"pure"/workrate-y wrestling vs. hardcore/ultraviolent/garbage wrestling is one thing, but trying to do that against a company like CHIKARA is just silly. A one-off joint show would be one thing though I couldn't ever actually see it happening for various reasons, but a feud? Not for a second.

Now PWG/ROH I could see happening. Especially if Super Dragon is involved. Might actually make me care about Chris Hero in ROH again if he was super PWG heel.

Now PWG/ROH I could see happening. Especially if Super Dragon is involved. Might actually make me care about Chris Hero in ROH again if he was super PWG heel.

I may be out of the loop, but isn't Super Dragon still "gone" from PWG for the most part?

Yeah but it could cause guys to choose sides and Super Dragon could play the Zandig Role in not wrestling and just curb stomping random people.

PWG and ROH are pretty far from each other so it'd be hard to contrive a reason for them to feud. Maybe say that ROH stole talent after PWG made them stars. Steen and Generico have both been PWG champs, but the former doesn't even wrestle there anymore.