Sat, Apr. 4

Toronto @ New York, 1:00

New Jersey @ Chicago, 2:00

Detroit @ Philadelphia, 3:00 ESPN

Orlando @ Atlanta, 7:00

Miami @ Washington, 7:00 NBATV

Memphis @ Milwaukee, 8:30

LA Clippers @ Denver, 9:00

People have lost interest in the stretch drive here on the boards?

Bynum is due back on Sunday, and hey, how about the Cavs.

I kinda wished the playoffs started today.

Those are the two main reasons I've lost interest in the NBA at the moment (the Lakers and Cavs dominance) combined with the Celtics downswing.

Lakers dominance my ass. They barely got 80 on Charlotte and lost, and they couldn't get 80 on Atlanta in another loss. And this is the best of the West? Yeah, Bryant was sick, but Jordan won a playoff game with the flu. Bynum had the right idea by taking the early vacation at the Playboy mansion. If the Bucks beat them tomorrow, they are done.

The Lakers are far from done. They have had lulls in the season where they just can't all get on the same page, and they lose to a team they shouldn;t lose to. That comes from some young players thinking they are better than they are (Jordan Farmarr, I am looking at you) and just overall disinterest at times. Combine that with there being one week left in the season, and they realizing that unless the Cavs go into the tank during the last week, the Lakers aren't going to catch them.

This is the time where the most interesting games come not from the teams on top, but the teams on the bottom looking to squeak their way into the postseason, improve their playoff seeding, or play the role of spoiler. Everyone else is shutting it down and trying to rest guys for the playoff grind ahead, or making their spring vacation plans.

The Lakers are coasting right now because Kobe got hurt and the team has the 1 seed locked up, and they're too far back to catch Cleveland. They're locked in to the spot they're in now.

And for some reason, the Lakers have gotten their asses kicked by Charlotte the last couple years. Don't ask me why. They lost to the Hawks, who are a top 4 team in the East. Then they beat the Bucks. I see no reason to worry.

Well, the Lakers are only 1 game back of the Cavs right now, so they can still easily make a run at the best overall record.

EDIT: Didn't even realize that I passed 2,000 posts. Looks like it was made in the 90's tourney thread with "Same".

That was pretty ridiculous. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I switched over, saw that, and said "I need to see how badly they end". Frankly, the Cavs are starting to irritate me a bit.

Better than the Lakers, who barely beat the lowly Clippers because Baron Davis is ball hog who cannot shoot to save his life, as opposed to Eric Gordon who scored five points in the last minute to even give them a chance to tie the game. Hurry up and become an All-Star, Gordon, so that you can take over and get this clown out of here.

And where's the great offense? This is the fourth time in five games that Lakers haven't cracked 100, and the only team that I would give a pass to is Houston, because they play far better defense without Knee-Mac. But Charlotte? Atlanta? The freaking Clippers? Yeah, totally sticking with my first-round elimination prediction.

And yeah, I was hoping that the Spurs would start their postseason spurt by shutting up the Cavs, but it was not to be. At this point, only Boston and Orlando can beat them at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEXaNzelqtg...player_embedded

So Pollard is late to a TV gig, then Miller rightly calls him out on it, and Pollard, like a moron, keeps badgering her, even though he was in the wrong, and she had to cover his ass. Granted, this would never have made air on ESPN or TNT, but given that it did, I gotta side with Cheryl on this one. Pollard won a ring by sitting on the Celtics bench. If he had actually been on the court for any length of time, the Lakers win that series. And this is the guy who told people to do drugs on camera while he was sitting on the bench in Sacramento. I normally would applaud such a dick, but really, he's a white guy who thinks he was a basketball player. He gets no sympathy from me.

Manu is out for the postseason with a bad ankle. Spurs are done.

Pretty good column by Whitlock slamming AI. It's not an accident that Denver gets swept last year in the first round, and will probably get to the Finals this year with Billups. Iverson is a fraud.

The Bulls ran all over Philly to move within a game and a half of the 6th seed, and Andrew Bynum scored 16 points and grabbed 7 rebounds as the Lakers convincingly defeated the Nuggets. Maybe now Karc will stop with his asinine predictions of a first round elimination for the Lakers.

Seriously, man, you must not have seen many Lakers games this season. That would be a dumb prediction regardless of their opponent, but they're playing the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas will be extremely lucky to make it past 5 games.

I kinda wished the playoffs started today.

Suns are out, so hurry up and get here November.

The Bulls ran all over Philly to move within a game and a half of the 6th seed, and Andrew Bynum scored 16 points and grabbed 7 rebounds as the Lakers convincingly defeated the Nuggets. Maybe now Karc will stop with his asinine predictions of a first round elimination for the Lakers.

Seriously, man, you must not have seen many Lakers games this season. That would be a dumb prediction regardless of their opponent, but they're playing the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas will be extremely lucky to make it past 5 games.

You're right, I may change it to getting swept in the second round by Portland. Maybe...

Wow, Portland just beat down the Lakers at FULL strength. I don't really need to say anything more.

Meanwhile, the Celtics and Cavs keep getting it done. This may be the first time I actually care about the Eastern Conference Finals. Well, until Game 1 ends with an 80-78 score. Then I'm back to not giving a crap.

I'm liking the match-ups if they can stay where they were when I last looked at the standings.

In the East, I haven't seen much of them this year, but I am thinking the team that everyone would want in the first round out of the teams that are in right now would be Philly. I know Detroit isn't the same, but I still wouldn't want to run into them in a series.

I really think that Hawks/Heat could be a fun little series too, and interesting to see which one of those goes on to Round 2. I am sure the league marketing department is pushing for James vs. Wade, but I'd like to see the Hawks move along this year.

I usually root for the Celtics and the Suns, but seeing no Suns this year, the team I'd like to see do well in the West is Portland. Just because I like the guys on that team.

Playoff Matchups Set

1. Cleveland v. 8. Detroit

4. Atlanta v. 5. Miami

3. Orlando v. 6. Philadelphia

2. Boston v. 7. Chicago

1. Los Angeles v. 8. Utah

Houston v. Portland

3. San Antonio v. 6. Dallas

2. Denver v. 7. New Orleans

Wow, what happened to the traffic here?

Anyway, I like the Mavs in 6, the Nuggets in 7, and the home team in 6 or less in every other series. Looks to not be that competitive of a first round really.

Wow, what happened to the traffic here?

Anyway, I like the Mavs in 6, the Nuggets in 7, and the home team in 6 or less in every other series. Looks to not be that competitive of a first round really.

Check out NHB forum. Half the posters decided to take their ball and go home.