TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
White Stripes Sabin

Examples of Randy Savage Having a Good Mind for the Business.

What are they? Sgt. said that he wants him to call Vince and patch things up because WWE needs his mind and he has a great mind. Great mind for the business? Is there ANYTHING Savage has done to show he has good ideas and that people need him now?

Spending money on himself to make money(Entrance Gear, Ring Gear, etc.)

Starpower(Lives his gimmick, and had the charisma to be larger than life)

Working Ability(His stuff in WWF was all pretty good, his two matches with The Warrior are two of my favorite matches of that era.)

Timing

He'd be a great Road Agent for the younger wrestlers to learn from if he could take what he did for himself and apply it to others.

Given how many compelling angles/storylines he was involved in during his WWF run, I get the sense that he's a damn good storyteller.

I agree he'd be a great Road Agent too, since he clearly knows what it takes to have a good/classic match.

Let's not forget the awesomeness that is his rap CD.

And the endorsement deal he had with Slim Jim, which if I had to wager a guess... caused a ton of non-wrestling fans to at least know who Randy Savage is.

Savage's angle with Jake Roberts is a masterpiece. Every person training to be a wrestler should watch every single bit of that angle if they haven't already. It's just a shame the angle ended so abruptly to sent Roberts towards Undertaker and Savage toward Flair.

And shit, even announcer Randy Savage managed to make his feud with Crush in 1994 look like a huge deal.

He always had interesting angles, and an aura that he created around himself, The Madness, if you weal...

Whenever Savage was around you knew some shit was gonna go down. And here's the thing; everybody likes The Macho Man to some extent. Whether your favorite guy growin up was Hogan, Flair, Warrior, Bret, Sting, it didn't matter. There are tons of people who hate at least two or or so of those dudes. But Savage hardly ever gets a negative response from people. Unless you count Hulk Hogan.

He knows how to tell one hell of a story in the ring, and he knew how to get people to care about it. The way he made the fans care about him and Elizabeth, blurring reality with the story he was telling, for example. He could create this energy around whatever he was doing that drew you in. I never knew if Savage was really a fucking lunatic in real life or not growing up. And I still don't.

I'm pretty sure he had some control of his character and storylines pretty much all the time. I'm also pretty sure that Hogan talked him into some really fucking stupid descisions.

Also, I thought this was funny because five of the guys I mentioned above are in the top 4 matches, and the first three matches involve a combination of four of the guys.

From Today:

Here is the latest WWE.com Legacy Update:

* Fan Favorite WrestleMania Matches

* WrestleMania VI: WrestleMania VI - Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior

* WrestleMania VII: Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage

* WrestleMania VIII: Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair

* WrestleMania IX: Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna, Shawn Michaels vs. Tatanka and Mr. Perfect vs. Lex Luger

* WrestleMania X: Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon

I'm also really suprised there's no Austin on here at all. I figured with him going into the HOF and all, they'd at least rig it so an Austin match got on the list.

When you think about it, Savage was basically involved in the biggest or 2nd biggest angle of the majority of the first 10 manias

2 - Pretty big feud w/ Steele over IC belt

3 - Huge feud w/ Steamboat leading to greatest WM match ever (in most opinions)

4 - Wins 4 matches to earn heavyweight title - nuff said

5 - Mega Powers explode, on the losing end of match, but the biggest storyline at the time

6 - Mixed tag novelty act, but again one of the few feuds going into mania

7 - Several month long feud with Warrior pays off in great Career ending match/match of night

8 - Wins 2nd heavyweight title beating legendary Ric Flair after another great feud

10 - As someone mentioned earlier, turned a not so interesting story with Crush into a pretty decent feud

People say Hogan made Wrestlemania, but perhaps it was Savage