TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

The OaO Raw Thread - 3/30/09

yeah somebody's turning in that match. Stephanie would make no sense and would be almost impossible to explain but I wouldn't rule it out. Plus they've acknowledged Orton is married in real life.

Vince and Shane wouldn't make sense either

Linda?

Batista?

I doubt HHH would actually lose the belt on a DQ at WM. It's likely just to add some drama. I have no idea how that match will play out though. On one hand HHH should beat his ass given all of Orton's heinous antics of late, but they've talked too much about how Orton HAS to beat him to get to the next level.

Some may predict a Steph heel turn, but how does that make even one iota of sense?

It doesn't, unless Russo is booking.

Steph HATES Orton, and Orton's assaulted her. TWICE. There is no way they can have Steph turn without ruining the whole feud due to sheer nonsense overload.

As hokey (yet perversely entertaining) as Vince as a brawler was, that last segment was really awesome, and Orton did a great promo before really putting in perspective the history between the two for the final build to what will probably be the Mania main event as it seems to look now. I have thought they have done a solid job with the HHH/Orton build, for what its worth. In fact I thought most everything on that show was a pretty good last push week build to Mania, much better than I expected. Didn't quite get the idea of doing Rey/JBL in a tune-up match was (unless they are planning on making that match a texas bullrope match or something like that) though. Hell, I didn't even think Cena/Show was THAT bad (still not feeling the triple threat match though), and there was some really great promos tonight by Jericho and Michaels also.

What is with HBK's eye? It's been like that for a while now.

Looks like a swollen eye or something. Didn't he have a black eye a few weeks ago? He may have gotten something I got a few years ago. One day I woke up only to find out my right eye wouldn't open up. It slowly opened back up but it took about two weeks to open and close normally. For those two weeks it literally looked like the eye was swollen and was half open.

I... don't know about all that. I thought the original eye injury was caused by something besides a blade being stabbed into his head. I didn't say blading because a blade wasn't involved... Thus, he gigged.

yeah somebody's turning in that match. Stephanie would make no sense and would be almost impossible to explain but I wouldn't rule it out. Plus they've acknowledged Orton is married in real life.

Vince and Shane wouldn't make sense either

Linda?

Batista?

Linda would make the most sense of those options, if only because she's not really involved. Batista is partially injured in kayfabe cause of an Orton kick so I don't see that option.

Maybe Rhodes and Dibiase get banned from ringside leading to a new Legacy member like DH Smith, who has long been rumored. The storyline (you all screwed my dad and uncles) is built right in, but it's rare that they essentially debut someone at WM.

Shawn could turn too, he's been quasi-heel with the Taker storyline and his not saving HHH last week was brought up by others on here.

I think HHH will retain, then Batista returns at Backlash to interfere in the rematch. Maybe he inadvertently causes HHH the title or something, starting a three way feud.

Or maybe Vince comes out saying "it was me all along!", from the limo blowing up, to the fake son, to the stage falling on him, to setting up Orton destroying his family, all to fuck with HHH. ;)

I think HHH will retain, then Batista returns at Backlash to interfere in the rematch. Maybe he inadvertently causes HHH the title or something, starting a three way feud.

Or maybe Vince comes out saying "it was me all along!", from the limo blowing up, to the fake son, to the stage falling on him, to setting up Orton destroying his family, all to fuck with HHH. ;)

As much as I don't want that to happen at all.... I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually what happens.

Did nobody else get a little marky when Vince came out?

Maybe it was just me, but I wasn't expecting it whatsoever. Then HHH coming out was awesome. Then they attacked the security and the segment fell flat.

The whole "Orton's been planning this for years' storyline didn't make sense because a few weeks ago you had HHH having to convince Orton to fight him at Wrestlemania. Unless, this was also part of his nefarious plan.

Santino was hilarious.

I'm still not bothered about the Big Show/Edge/Cena.

The whole "Orton's been planning this for years' storyline didn't make sense because a few weeks ago you had HHH having to convince Orton to fight him at Wrestlemania. Unless, this was also part of his nefarious plan.

It could have been. Orton had to have known HHH would come out and challenge him when first initially challenged Edge. That was the part where Orton agreed to challenge HHH for the title if he agreed to his terms...which turned out to be a trap.

Maybe it was just me, but I wasn't expecting it whatsoever. Then HHH coming out was awesome. Then they attacked the security and the segment fell flat.

I saw it coming a mile away, but Vince's "toughman stance" up on the ramp had me laughing

There's just one problem I have with Orton saying he waited all this time to get even with HHH.

Orton and Edge fueded for many, many months with HHH and HBK. Not once did Orton seem extra annoyed with HHH.

I suppose the guy who posts the MIB 'please look into the light' photo isn't here any more.

It's not that far fetched. It's a common tv trope. I've seen shows where it'll be revealed a character was waiting years and years for revenge on someone, even though they interacted perfectly fine with that person prior to the reveal. I guess if we go by Orton's story he was storing it all up for years, and it wasn't till now that he could let it out and finally get his revenge.

There's just one problem I have with Orton saying he waited all this time to get even with HHH.

Orton and Edge fueded for many, many months with HHH and HBK. Not once did Orton seem extra annoyed with HHH.

I suppose the guy who posts the MIB 'please look into the light' photo isn't here any more.

I'm here.

I was just asked to cut down on using it.

I saw it coming a mile away, but Vince's "toughman stance" up on the ramp had me laughing

I cracked up at that also. He looked like a real life action figure standing like that.

I'm disappointed that they explained away Orton's IED as part of the master plan. I loved the shocked face he would make whenever he did something beyond the pale, and it (marginally) explained why Orton could get away with his behavior.

Also, the "Orton cancels Wrestlemania" promo was my favorite part of this fued.

Although I'm confident WWE won't cross the line and actually put HBK over, they're doing a great job of making Shawn look like the greatest threat to Taker's streak ever. I hope they put the match towards the end of the card because as far as I'm concerned, this is the main-event.

Although I'm confident WWE won't cross the line and actually put HBK over, they're doing a great job of making Shawn look like the greatest threat to Taker's streak ever. I hope they put the match towards the end of the card because as far as I'm concerned, this is the main-event.

I'm guessing it will go on third to last, followed by the Diva Battle Royal and Triple H vs. Orton.

I'm guessing it will go on third to last, followed by the Diva Battle Royal and Triple H vs. Orton.

Your forgetting about the triple threat with Cena, Edge, and Big Show for the world heavyweight championship.

Also, the diva match won't be towards the end.

Your forgetting about the triple threat with Cena, Edge, and Big Show for the world heavyweight championship.

Also, the diva match won't be towards the end.

Disagreed and agreed. I can see the WHC match going on in the middle of the card. Kind of like when JBL and Cena wrestled for the WWE Title a few years ago. I do agree about the divas match though. Usually, i'd say it would sandwich the two biggest bouts, but being a battle royal.. I can see it going on second.

It'll either be second or second last.

I think M2M/Colons go on first.

Great promo by Orton at the end of the show. To be honest though I would have liked it much more the night after WM with Orton holding the title belt. Especially the part of the IED being a sham.

I really hope they put Orton over and give him a run, I've never been a big fan of his but he is RED hot right now.

Somebody touched upon this.. Surely Orton's stipulation about HHH's title is overturned now? The part where if HHH gets DQ'd he loses the title? Orton said he made the agreement with Vickie Guerrero.. Surely Vince simply makes it invalid?

Great promo by Orton at the end of the show. To be honest though I would have liked it much more the night after WM with Orton holding the title belt. Especially the part of the IED being a sham.

I really hope they put Orton over and give him a run, I've never been a big fan of his but he is RED hot right now.

HHH is just as hot right now, I would like to see him keep the title after what Orton has done.

I never marked out so much for HHH like I did last Monday night. I'm not ashamed to admit it, with the two McMahons coming out and HHH then coming out full of rage.. It was just an awesome spectacle.

Well, it was until they fought the security. The segment fell flat then.