TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

SmackDown! Spoilers - 4/3/09 Including tonights ECW.

Matches taped tonight before Raw:

Dark match

Cryme Tyme b William Regal & Dolph Ziggler

ECW

Mark Henry & Kane b Christian & Fit Finlay when Henry pinned Christian with the world's strongest slam and then turned on and laid out Kane after the match

Nikki Bella b Brie Bella when John Morrison distracted Brie

Smackdown

Gail Kim & Maria b Michelle McCool & Maryse when Kim pinned Maryse with a neckbreaker

MVP b Shelton Benjamin with the playmaker to keep the U.S. title

Jeff Hardy b Ezekiel Jackson with a swanton

The show ended with the brawl between the McMahons and Legacy. Randy Orton and Ted DiBiase ran away, and they destroyed Cody Rhodes, ending with a sledge hammer spot.

These are obviously very short but i'm sure sooner today more detailed spoilers will come out.

What's up with Cody always getting his ass handed to him? That's the second time in a few weeks this has happened while Ted gets to cower away with Randy

This week's SmackDown will include live look-ins at the Axxess event in Houston. They have live matches there during the fanfest and that will presumably fill in the blanks on TV.

When it says the McMahons attacked Legacy, does that now include HHH? It would be odd if HHH wasn't involved since it was the last Smackdown before Mania.

I don't see Randy Orton, at this stage, running from just Vince and Shane, with both members of Legeacy by his side.

Here's something I was thinking about earlier, when somebody asked why Cody always got beat up.. The three men of Legacy are the polar opposites of their fathers.

Ted DiBiase was mostly a chicken-shit heel, but Ted DiBiase Jr is always the one who goes for the fight. Cowboy Bob was also a bit of a chickenshit, but Orton is always full on 'never back down' mode.

Whereas Cody, his father Dusty Rhodes was the real deal, would never back down, yet it's always Cody that is getting his ass kicked.

Nice bait and switch with the All-Divas show, again. And let's hope the Bella twins match is the last time they are ever on TV.

And the McMahons in the main event on Smackdown. This is not looking good...

I don't see Randy Orton, at this stage, running from just Vince and Shane, with both members of Legeacy by his side.

Here's something I was thinking about earlier, when somebody asked why Cody always got beat up.. The three men of Legacy are the polar opposites of their fathers.

Ted DiBiase was mostly a chicken-shit heel, but Ted DiBiase Jr is always the one who goes for the fight. Cowboy Bob was also a bit of a chickenshit, but Orton is always full on 'never back down' mode.

Whereas Cody, his father Dusty Rhodes was the real deal, would never back down, yet it's always Cody that is getting his ass kicked.

Nice observation. Wonder if that was done by design?

It seems to me the McMahon/Legacy brawl is simply what happened when Raw went off the air. I think Smackdown was filmed before Raw.

Rajah.com has these:

* A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.

Dark Match:

* Cryme Tyme b. Dolph Ziggler & William Regal

- Cryme Tyme comes out to a huge pop. Shad gets the win via pinfall on Dolph Ziggler after connecting with his finisher.

SmackDown: (Airing Friday)

* There is no opening pyro for SmackDown. Everyone is in a huge rush.

* Gail Kim & Maria b. Maryse & Michelle McCool

- You guessed it... Very quick match. Gail gets the tag and hits her neck-breaker finisher on Maryse for the win via pinfall.

* MVP b. Shelton Benjamin to retain the United States Championship.

- MVP comes out to a good pop. A video of MVP winning the title plays before the match. Very solid match. Shelton hit a Blockbuster for the two-count then MVP hit the Playmaker for the win. MVP was very over with the local crowd.

* Jeff Hardy vs. Ezekiel Jackson is announced for later.

* A Tribute to the Troops video package is shown.

* Jeff Hardy b. Ezekiel Jackson w/The Brian Kendrick is up next.

- Jeff Hardy comes out to a big pop. Hardy controls most of the match and gets the win following a Swanton Bomb.

So you might be correct JRE.

I don't see how Jeff pinning big Zeke ends the show though.

It seems to me the McMahon/Legacy brawl is simply what happened when Raw went off the air. I think Smackdown was filmed before Raw.

As noted on the front page, Molly Holly, Victoria, Tammy Sytch (Sunny) and Torrie Wilson have all been added to the 25-woman Mania match. If you add those to last night's 17, that's 21 total. I would suspect Santino to be in there for number 22, and I know that Vickie Guerrero is getting a crash course in wrestling to compete as well, so she'll be 23.

-- After Raw went off the air last night Orton and DiBiase escaped into the crowd and the McMahons cornered Cody and destroyed him with a sledgehammer shot. At least it wasn't a baseball bat.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8841/

I'm shocked that Molly Holly took the offer. I thought she was one of the first to flat-out say no.

And I like Victoria. But I'm still not paying money to see her on TV one more time, especially if it means I have to endure Santino in drag.

I'm shocked that Molly Holly took the offer. I thought she was one of the first to flat-out say no.

And I like Victoria. But I'm still not paying money to see her on TV one more time, especially if it means I have to endure Santino in drag.

Santino is getting worse and worse.

I really have to disagree with you there UltimA~.. Him crawling up the ropes with his arms tied behind his back was the best thing on television in a long time.
Oh I love when stuff like that happens, but at times he just bugs.

no wonder it was like 3 matches

they've been going to Houston all show.

If you didn't see the first match, you'd think it was no wrestling on here at all

What's up with Cody always getting his ass handed to him? That's the second time in a few weeks this has happened while Ted gets to cower away with Randy

IIRC management has high hopes for Dibiase.