TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Tazz has left WWE?

Former ECW World champion and long-time WWE announcer Tazz left World Wrestling Entertainment last night after calling the matches for this Friday's edition of Smackdown. He is now officially done with the company as his WWE contract expires today. We will both have many more details on this story in reports on the Audio section of PWInsiderElite.com today. If you are not a member of the Elite site, you can sign up now by clicking here: http://www.pwinsider.com/elitenav.php

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=37611&p=1

Bit of a surprise.

Seems a bit odd that his contact would expire days before WrestleMania. Too bad if he is gone, Tazz was pretty entertaining on color.

Well, what more could he accomplish in WWE? He gets to spend time with his wife and kids now and he will make a TON on the indy circuit. I bet every promoter is trying to contact him for various ECW revival events. I'd expect ROH to give him a call too.

I wonder if, win or lose at W.M., JBL retires and immediatley goes back to his old job as color man on SD?

I can see Rey and JBL go on first at Mania. JBL wins and then immediately retires as IC champ (thus making history like he wants to do). Since that match is a RAW match then JR will not be missing a partner on color. JBL then does color with JR for the rest of the night taking back his old job. In other words, they'll probably do what they did at the second One Night Stand PPV.

Well, what more could he accomplish in WWE? He gets to spend time with his wife and kids now and he will make a TON on the indy circuit. I bet every promoter is trying to contact him for various ECW revival events. I'd expect ROH to give him a call too.

To do what? The only thing he could do would be to make appearances, sign autographs, etc. He isn't going to wrestle.

I can see Rey and JBL go on first at Mania. JBL wins and then immediately retires as IC champ (thus making history like he wants to do). Since that match is a RAW match then JR will not be missing a partner on color. JBL then does color with JR for the rest of the night taking back his old job. In other words, they'll probably do what they did at the second One Night Stand PPV.

That would be pretty awesome. JBL retiring as Intercontinental Champion, getting on the microphone and immediately sitting down with JR, in his ring gear.

Once Dreamer goes, that will leave the WWE with not a single wrestler from the old ECW days. Man, I guess that roster, just couldn't cut it.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...le1005185.shtml

Seems to me like Tazz wanted to make Vince tap out on more than one occasion. Going down the same road as Foley here. Next stop, TNA!

New possible names:

The Taz

The Tazz

The Tazmaniac

Pete!

That would be pretty awesome. JBL retiring as Intercontinental Champion, getting on the microphone and immediately sitting down with JR, in his ring gear.

For this to happen, one of 2 things would need to happen. 1) Rey and JBL have a fairly short match so JBL won't be gassed for the rest of the night OR

2) Raw has another match after JBL vs Rey to give JBL a breather before getting on the mic.

Either way, I would be all for this if it does go down that way

Watching Tazz on WWE 24/7, he never sounded too happy about where he was. Jim Ross always referred to him as "angry" on his blog.

Is Tazz one of the ECW Originals backstage at TNA today? PWI has it member-blocked too.

I assume JR and King will call all of WM now(or maybe have a three man booth with Cole). I suspect JR will be moved back to Raw at the draft as well, as VKM is bailing on SD!. I wonder if that was part of Tazz's decision.

I just hope they don't move Striker from ECW. JBL and Cole on SD! would be fine, though I thought I read that JBL was going to leave wrestling once he retired.

On a three hour Raw show (Draft?) I'd love to see an ECW vs SmackDown! match and see if JBL and Striker could co-exist as two colour guys calling a match.

I get the impression they'd try and one up each other on the references.

On a three hour Raw show (Draft?) I'd love to see an ECW vs SmackDown! match and see if JBL and Striker could co-exist as two colour guys calling a match.

I get the impression they'd try and one up each other on the references.

Striker is smart enough to know not to pick that fight.

I wonder if, win or lose at W.M., JBL retires and immediatley goes back to his old job as color man on SD?

Hopefully the draft will mix up announcers and we can see Striker come up to do SD!.

I'd take him over JBL any day of the week

Once Dreamer goes, that will leave the WWE with not a single wrestler from the old ECW days. Man, I guess that roster, just couldn't cut it.

Rey Mysterio? Chris Jericho?

'theone' - Doesn't a JBL/JR combination sound good to you?

It sounds better than any other possible SD! combination they could come up with besides JR / Striker.

Grisham is lifeless, Michael Cole is Michael Cole, and Lawler is 110% Raw

I would't mind a JBL/Striker Smackdown if they could coexist and a JR/Lawler reunion on Raw. With all the ex-announcers speaking up about VKM's production antics, I'm honestly shocked Michael Cole has lasted as long as he has on Raw with all his botches and contrived soundbit expressions.

Who'd be the lead announcer for JBL and Striker? Both are great in the colour role. Or the 'Lawler' role as it were. Then again, ever since Cole has gone to Raw we've seen Lawler step up as the lead guy more than he used to.

Vintage Cole, as it were.

I seem to remember a few months ago an article came out about Tazz possibly being unhappy. Anyone else remember it?

I seem to remember a few months ago an article came out about Tazz possibly being unhappy. Anyone else remember it?

Yeah. Ironically, wasn't it right around the time Foley's contract expired with The WWE?

JBL and JR as anounce team could be great. JR hasn't had a heel commentator to play off of for a while, so they got that going for them. Maybe they could do some old southern style commentary.

I just hope Striker stays on ECW. If he goes to either SD or Raw, he'll all of a sudden get a lot more people paying attention to his commentary, and be forced to stop all the references he makes.