TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Tazz has left WWE?

Jim Ross has been constantly saying on his blogs for a while that "I don't care if I get drafted to ECW" which makes me think he will be (or at least was supposed to be).

Jim Ross has been constantly saying on his blogs for a while that "I don't care if I get drafted to ECW" which makes me think he will be (or at least was supposed to be).

Last time he put up such a fuss about the possibility of going to Smackdown that they drafted him there. I believe he's using a bit of reverse psychology this time.

Powell's POV: I don't know how much this had to do with anything, but I previously reported that Tazz didn't take Vince McMahon's abrasive production style well. He's complained to friends about being yelled at by Vince, and had to be talked out of confronting Vince on at least one occasion. It will be interesting to see who fills in for Tazz at WrestleMania 25 and whether that person turns out to be his long-term replacement.

So is this a correct list of guys McMahon has pretty much run off, or may them quit the announcing gig?

Foley, Coach, Tazz, Styles, Adamle?

Well, what more could he accomplish in WWE? He gets to spend time with his wife and kids now and he will make a TON on the indy circuit. I bet every promoter is trying to contact him for various ECW revival events. I'd expect ROH to give him a call too.

To do what? The only thing he could do would be to make appearances, sign autographs, etc. He isn't going to wrestle.

By that logic, ROH shouldn't have brought in Rick Steamboat, Bruno Sammartino, or Ric Flair either.

So is this a correct list of guys McMahon has pretty much run off, or may them quit the announcing gig?

Well, I don't know if Coach or Tazz fit here since their contracts were up and they chose not to come back.

Coach got a much better gig over with ESPN and left on good terms and I think Joey Styles wanted to move his career away from the camera to something more professional in the company when the opportunity came, but the rest sound right...

Yes, Coach definitely left on good terms. In fact, I remember reading when WWE was at ESPN with John Cena, they found Coachman and got a lot of footage of him.

This is a little surprising but it's easy to see why Taz would get sick of Vince being in his ear. I would be interested in Taz going to TNA though it might lead to a goofy Don West angle where he brings his own announce booth a la Ross in 1999.

I wish there was some alternate audio function on either the live broadcast or DVDs where you could hear exactly what Vince is screaming in these announcers' ears that is driving them away. How bad could it be?

"NO! NO! NO! Orton is a VIPER, Cole ... not a cobra! Come on, cocksucker, get your head out of your fucking ass!"

Vince seriously must be saying some hardcore shit if men like Mick Foley or Tazz can't even handle it.

PWI is reporting that Tazz told the company he'd do WM25 if they wanted him to, so the ball is in WWE's court for that one.

Vince seriously must be saying some hardcore shit if men like Mick Foley or Tazz can't even handle it.

...yet Michael Cole and Todd Grisham are still hanging in there...

It seems to be former workers he's running off, not yes men...

I don't want to speculate, but Foley and Tazz seem like guys that would put their foot down and say "No, Fuck YOU." long before Michael Cole or Todd Grisham would even consider it.

He was around for awhile, and a great announcer.

Hope he does well in his future, he did a lot for the fans.

This is dumb unless he has a radio gig already set up. He wasn't that bad during his try out week in NYC a few years ago. If WWE pulled the trigger on that radio channel for XM a couple years ago, he would probably still be around. Dude can talk all day about random shit and make it sound interesting. With Mania coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince threw him some cash to stick around to the draft lottery then he can be written out like a Smackdown vs. ECW match and the winning pick is a PBP guy for JR or something like that.

It seems to be former workers he's running off, not yes men...

I don't want to speculate, but Foley and Tazz seem like guys that would put their foot down and say "No, Fuck YOU." long before Michael Cole or Todd Grisham would even consider it.

Foley and Tazz should also have alot more in their bank account as well. They dont need Vince's money as much as Grisham/Cole do.