TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FroGG_NeaL

WWE General Discussion - April 2009

I hate Cena as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to resort to name calling for having an opinion. I mean... I can't stand the guy in the ring, but I love watching him get his ass kicked. So he's doing something right.

Guys, Cena bashing is outdated, but if you're going to fight, take it to No Holds Barred.

EFA

HHHating on the other hand is topical and justifyable as ever.

and goldengreek...

GFYM

Yeah, Cena bashing is outdated. At this point I don't care about him either way. Though I wonder if enjoying seeing Cena get his ass kicked means he's doing something right. As in you're not supposed to want to see a babyface get his ass kicked.

I don't hate John Cena per se, but, the way he is booked is completely unlikable. It's beyond stale. I actually think he is being stunted by being such an uber-Face that it could hurt his long term legacy. A heel turn would keep him fresh and add new edges to his character. In fact, if pulled off right a heel turn could lead to a more believable Face status down the road.

He's young and doesn't appear to be going anywhere, so, why not switch it around for a bit?

I don't hate John Cena per se, but, the way he is booked is completely unlikable. It's beyond stale. I actually think he is being stunted by being such an uber-Face that it could hurt his long term legacy. A heel turn would keep him fresh and add new edges to his character. In fact, if pulled off right a heel turn could lead to a more believable Face status down the road.

He's young and doesn't appear to be going anywhere, so, why not switch it around for a bit?

See Steve Austin, 2001.

See Steve Austin, 2001.

True, but that's why I added the young part. With Austin they ran out of ideas. I think a downfall into evil and the subsequent face turn could be amazing if done right. And Cena is young enough to recover if it went wrong.

They're not willing to sacrifice the amount of merchandise money Cena brings in.

True. Of course maybe, just maybe, they could try to build someone else up, too.

My main point is that I don't "hate" Cena, I'm just somewhat sick of him. I can completely see why he gets the UBER push (Money!).

http://apps.facebook.com/wrestlerpersonali...mp;installed=1#

------

Your Result: Mr. Wrestling II

You have a driving inner sense of justice. You push yourself hard and expect the same of others. You're competitive. You do not suffer fools. But at the end of the day, it's more important to you that you respect yourself for your choices.

They're not willing to sacrifice the amount of merchandise money Cena brings in.

True. Of course maybe, just maybe, they could try to build someone else up, too.

My main point is that I don't "hate" Cena, I'm just somewhat sick of him. I can completely see why he gets the UBER push (Money!).

If it could work for Hogan, why not Cena? Cena could pull of the "cool heel" more or less, and still manage to sell merchandise. Especially to those who are a little older, with lots more disposable income than kids whose parent's buy them a t-shirt at shows, or Wal-Mart. I know they keep pushing him because the kids (their target audience), and some adults love the hell out him, but the guy's been doing the same act for over 5 years. Lets toss it up a little and try something fresh.

Theres only so many "these fine people here tonight" and "you're good enough, smart enough, and darn it people like you" promos this guy can do.

A little more on the announcing situation from JR

"My hybrid role as a quasi play by play guy/analyst is likely going to be the direction that I will be traveling in the future with WWE. I actually like it and had a good time with working in the new role at WM25. I will assume this role again this Friday on SmackDown, working with Todd Grisham, and it is a work in progress but I think that in time, hopefully Sooner than later, that I will nail it. The old school play by play role is considered obsolete in WWE these days as the broadcasters are more story tellers than play by play people or color commentators. I look at this repositioning as a challenge and one that I look forward to refining."

I really dug the Austin "nervous breakdown" heel turn - it was a shame they dropped it in a hotshot angle.

same

his Whats were awesome in moderation. Him snapping on JR and his interactions with McMahon was great stuff.

Still don't know why he did it.

I'm still riding the Cena wave from 02. I dislike how his character went from one of the best gimmicks and mic skills in recent memory to some former marine. As long as he still comes out to his own theme, I'll hang with liking him. If he gets some Creed/emo rock band theme music, i'm jumping ship.

Plus this is still awesome

This Tuesday at 7:00 PM on ESPN, Vince McMahon is going to the guest on E:60. He is supposed to talk about being abused in his childhood as well as openly and "frankly" discussing the Chris Benoit incident from 2007, as well as including Stephanie McMahon taking the interviewers on a backstage tour showing all kinds of wrestlers behind the scenes. The cameras were also said to be allowed in a creative meeting.

This Tuesday at 7:00 PM on ESPN, Vince McMahon is going to the guest on E:60. He is supposed to talk about being abused in his childhood as well as openly and "frankly" discussing the Chris Benoit incident from 2007, as well as including Stephanie McMahon taking the interviewers on a backstage tour showing all kinds of wrestlers behind the scenes. The cameras were also said to be allowed in a creative meeting.
:huh:

Vince claims he was physically (by his dad) and sexually (by his mom) abused as a child.

I know, this is fairly common knowledge. I'm just astounded he's going to talk about it openly on ESPN

Vince claims he was physically (by his dad) and sexually (by his mom) abused as a child.

I know, this is fairly common knowledge. I'm just astounded he's going to talk about it openly on ESPN

That's what I was thinking. I've heard it before, but I don't think there has ever been anything as in depth as this ESPN one is supposedly going to be. Same with Benoit. I don't think he has publicly even acknowledged Benoit to my recollection since it was confirmed Benoit was responsible for the deaths. I set my DVR up last night because I am curious. Same with the creative meeting and backstage segments, even if they are short, it is just something that hasn't really been seen much before.

I am curious. Same with the creative meeting and backstage segments, even if they are short, it is just something that hasn't really been seen much before.

It Goes something like this:

Shane you beat up Orton and Rhodes.

"Vince should I squash Orton as well"

Yes Trips. People like when you go over strong.

"Vince should I wear the rip away tank top. No not yet John.

While your the next Hogan we cant rip off the entire gimmick...Just stick to making bad movies and looking like superman.

2 out of 3 is good enough

Who wrote this shit !!!!

What person in their right mind wants a 4 way TLC for the IC belt.

Rey vs Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs Evan Bourne wont = ratings.

Just scratch that and add a divas match

Then add 10 more minutes to Vickies promo

Now that's good tv

I am curious. Same with the creative meeting and backstage segments, even if they are short, it is just something that hasn't really been seen much before.

While your the next Hogan we cant rip off the entire gimmick...Just stick to making bad movies and looking like superman.

Who wrote this shit !!!!

Now that's good tv

Was this supposed to be funny or humorous in the least bit? :huh:

Because if so, you failed miserably.

That's what I was thinking. I've heard it before, but I don't think there has ever been anything as in depth as this ESPN one is supposedly going to be. Same with Benoit. I don't think he has publicly even acknowledged Benoit to my recollection since it was confirmed Benoit was responsible for the deaths. I set my DVR up last night because I am curious. Same with the creative meeting and backstage segments, even if they are short, it is just something that hasn't really been seen much before.

He talked about Benoit on the CNN Special 'Death Grip' about two years ago. I think thats the last time he has spoke of Benoit though.

Who wrote this shit !!!!

Now that's good tv

b217a64d.gif

I've heard people throw around the theory that the sexual abuse by his mom never actually happened, and is just all in Vince's mind. I don't know why he would buy her a $3 million tennis court for her nursing home, if she was abusive, and that's quite inconsisent behaviour if we believe Vince's story.

When the Savage issue is brought up, people often note it's not about what happened, if anything, between Stephanie and Savage; it's about what Vince thinks happened, and he's convinced himself it did. Maybe this is similar. He claims his stepdad beat the crap out of him and his mother, and an irate Vince would love to have risen to the defense of his beloved mother (the same one he claims was abusive btw) and killed the man if he had ever got the chance. Did that really happen or is this just part of Vince's story about the self made billionaire who came out of a trailer park, and rose above shitty parenting, to become a success?

I've heard people throw around the theory that the sexual abuse by his mom never actually happened, and is just all in Vince's mind. I don't know why he would buy her a $3 million tennis court for her nursing home, if she was abusive, and that's quite inconsisent behaviour if we believe Vince's story.

When the Savage issue is brought up, people often note it's not about what happened, if anything, between Stephanie and Savage; it's about what Vince thinks happened, and he's convinced himself it did. Maybe this is similar. He claims his stepdad beat the crap out of him and his mother, and an irate Vince would love to have risen to the defense of his beloved mother (the same one he claims was abusive btw) and killed the man if he had ever got the chance. Did that really happen or is this just part of Vince's story about the self made billionaire who came out of a trailer park, and rose above shitty parenting, to become a success?

Sounds like a job for Dets. Benson and Stabler.