TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FroGG_NeaL

WWE General Discussion - April 2009

expendablessetphoto1top.jpg

An image (featuring Stone Cold and Sylvester Stallone) from The Expendables.

That's not Sylvester Stallone.

That would be Eric Roberts.

expendablessetphoto1top.jpg

An image (featuring Stone Cold and Sylvester Stallone) from The Expendables.

That's not Sylvester Stallone.

I blame Slashfilm.com for saying it was Stallone.

EDIT - And of course, they changed it to Eric Roberts. Oh well.

I'd highly suggest everyone check out that E:60 piece on the WWE, it's pretty fascinating stuff in terms of how honest Vince at least appeared to be about things, and the segment where they go backstage at a recent TV taping is really good. They actually tape part of a creative/production meeting, which didn't last long, but long enough to get an idea of how they do them.

Just watch the E:60 piece on Vince, and I enjoyed it. Wish it could have been a little longer, but it would have been nice to see a little more of the meetings. I did find it interesting how when they mentioned the title matches at Mania, and then Vince adds that not all of the people involved in the matches know yet. Definitely worth checking out.

Tazz has released his departing comments:

Yo,

Well, after leaving WWE recently, I would like to make my first public comments here on the page. I would like to thank the Pro Wrestling fan base for the support through all my years with ECW & WWE! I especially want to thank all of you on this Facebook fan page from all over the world! I try to read most of your comments and I am truly flattered on how many of you supported what I did in the real ECW and my broadcasting accomplishments in WWE. Lets face it, after my debut at MSG vs the great Kurt Angle their wasn't much for me to "hang my hat on" as a wrestler during my tenure wrestling for WWE.

Now, I want to clear up some "true & false" for all of you....

TRUE

-My contract expired the end of March and I had given my notice several weeks prior

-I ask WWE for my release to pursue other interest

-I offered to call Wrestlemania while I was not contractually obligated....and offered to call the show for free to the company.

-I have fulfilled EVERY obligation to the WWE, and pride myself on leaving the proper/professional way.

-On my way out, from Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn & Stephanie ALL treated me great...which was cool.

-I APPRECIATE all of the offers for appearances but right now I'm just doing very few appearances (if any). I'm gonna chill out and watch my kid hit baseballs.

-I am done wrestling. At 41 years old, several neck and shoulder issues...not happening. I would be a former shell of myself.

-I too have hated the extra "Z"

FALSE

-Burnout (If anything, I'm more inspired & motivated now than ever)

Hopefully that clears up some things people were saying in regards to my situation. Also, I have had the opportunity of becoming friends with so many talented & awesome people within the WWE while working there for nearly 10 years and will miss many of them! I would like to thank the writers, road & studio crew and all the talent...especially guys I have a closer friendship with.

I especially want thank three of the main play by play guys I've work with.

Joey Styles

-A dear friend whom I've been goombas with for 15 years and will stay friends with! I felt Joey never had a chance to truly be "Joey Styles" in WWE as an announce talent...that's a shame. But the announce style is completely different than anything Joey ever really did in the business....tough to adapt.

Jim Ross

-The best of the best! True Hall of Famer and a man I respect and appreciate. I cannot thank him enough for all he has taught me as an announcer...as of recent JR & I were the Smack announce team and were doing a strong job in my view....we have shared some good times on many road trips as of recent...BOOMER SOONER!! And I'm a Nebraska Husker fan (lol)

Micheal Cole

-One of my best friends...a guy that truly gave me the confidence to excel as a color commentator years ago in WWE...Cole taught me how to get over the talent, the storylines and get over the brand! He was the only one that had the balls to flat out say to me "its not about you anymore"...I respect that. Amazing work ethic, always would try to find a way for me to get over on him...zero ego & underrated!

I been hearing that Cole has been getting bashed by some on-line fans lately- check this out, if you work at McDonald's and your boss wants you to cook BicMac's...you than go and cook BIG MACS! Anyway, I look forward to working with Cole in the future in some capacity be it TV or Radio.

I want thank World Wrestling Entertainment and the McMahon Family for all the years and all the opportunities...they allowed me a great ride which I truly appreciate.

In closing, I've been in the Pro Wrestling business for 23 years and I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon.

I plan to make an impact real soon in this, the ultimate in businesses and keep it's honor....lol....sorry for crossing the line with my sophomoric humor! Survive if I let you.

FTW

Taz

I plan to make an impact real soon in this, the ultimate in businesses and keep it's honor....lol....sorry for crossing the line with my sophomoric humor! Survive if I let you.

FTW

Taz

Jesus Christ can you get any more obvious?

FTW

Taz

Jesus Christ can you get any more obvious?

HAH! I didn't even notice that the first time I read it.

So basically, he can't wrestle, would be a shell of his former self, but TNA still thinks advertising him as a "former world champion" won't give people the wrong idea? When you say "former world champion coming to TNA" it really should be a guy who plans on wrestling. More authority figures in TNA, exactly what they needed.

Yes, from the way TNA have been building this up, it does seem like he'll be wrestling.

Maybe he could still go in a Mick Foley like capacity where he wrestles six times a year or something?

Or maybe he's coming in to manage Beer Money.

He also referenced ROH too, ya know. And whatever "Ultimate" is.

Uhhh, UFC? I really don't know what he is trying to allude to with that.

Shane Helms is awesome. Here's what he had to say in an interview in the new WWE magazine. I'm going off memory so the quote may be a little off:

Interviewer: Those Hurrapops were pretty funny, but you don't use them anymore. Just sayin'.

Shane Helms: Yea, we filmed several, but they really don't fit in with WWE's current TV-PG direction. My favorite is one I made for Vladamir Kozlov that never made it to TV. I was just sitting there silent, making Kozlov's angry face. After several seconds I stopped making the face and said "Just Sayin".

I was a big fan of Gregory Helms before his latest injury - not so much since he came back. He got that horrid tattoo, and basically became a mash-up of all past gimmicks with some Stevie Richards end run gimmick thrown in.

So basically, he can't wrestle, would be a shell of his former self, but TNA still thinks advertising him as a "former world champion" won't give people the wrong idea? When you say "former world champion coming to TNA" it really should be a guy who plans on wrestling. More authority figures in TNA, exactly what they needed.

That's cause he is a former world champion genius.

Really? I had no idea.

My point was REGARDLESS, promoting and teasing a "former world champion coming to tna" should be used when promoting a guy who plans on wrestling. What's the impact of a "former world champion" coming to TNA if he's not going to compete? People hear champion, they think very high level of competition, getting a guy who has no plans of competing is destined to be a let down. Thanks for the kind words though.

Really? I had no idea.

My point was REGARDLESS, promoting and teasing a "former world champion coming to tna" should be used when promoting a guy who plans on wrestling. What's the impact of a "former world champion" coming to TNA if he's not going to compete? People hear champion, they think very high level of competition, getting a guy who has no plans of competing is destined to be a let down. Thanks for the kind words though.

No it shouldn't be. It's describing the person he was. Why would TNA promote him as a former color commentator? Especially when he's going to be Joe's manager? When people think of a former world champion they could think of pretty much anyone who was a former world champion. That's the whole point of speculation. It's pretty much easy fucking common sense to grasp.

The point is don't tease it. Just use him, don't do the whole tease angle of a former world champion who has no intentions of entering a ring again. When people hear former world champion coming to TNA I don't think they're hoping for someone who's retired. I never said don't mention he's a former world champion, just don't base a tease off of it. It's misleading.

WWE Superstars - 04/23/09

Appearance (2)

CM Punk 1

Rey Mysterio 1

The Big Show 1

Kane 1

Finlay 2

Hornswaggle 2

Tyson Kidd 1

Natalya 1

John Cena 1

Edge 1

Kofi Kingston 1

Match (2)

CM Punk 1

Rey Mysterio 1

The Big Show 1

Kane 1

Finlay 1

Hornswaggle 1

Tyson Kidd 1

Natalya 1

Edge 1

Kofi Kingston 1

Winning A Match (3)

Kane 1

The Big Show 1

Finlay 1

Hornswaggle 1

Edge 1

Main Event (2)

Edge 1

Kofi Kingston 1

Weapon Shot (1)

Finlay 1

Finishing Move (1)

Hornswaggle 1

Kane 1

Edge 1

Notes

No weapon shots for Hornswaggle! I was so tempted. No weapon shot for Finlays singing either as the match was over.

The point is don't tease it. Just use him, don't do the whole tease angle of a former world champion who has no intentions of entering a ring again. When people hear former world champion coming to TNA I don't think they're hoping for someone who's retired. I never said don't mention he's a former world champion, just don't base a tease off of it. It's misleading.

It's not misleading at all, you just think it's misleading because you have trouble grasping common sense when it comes to wrestling. Saying he's a former world champion that is coming to TNA is just promoting him as a former world champion that is coming to TNA. That's it, which could mean a ton of things. That's the entire point of speculation so the fans tune in to see who they're talking about. What's so hard for you to understand that?

It's not misleading at all, you just think it's misleading because you have trouble grasping common sense when it comes to wrestling. Saying he's a former world champion that is coming to TNA is just promoting him as a former world champion that is coming to TNA. That's it, which could mean a ton of things. That's the entire point of speculation so the fans tune in to see who they're talking about. What's so hard for you to understand that?

For someone speaking english you sure seem to have trouble reading it.

DON'T TEASE YOUR AUDIENCE WITH A TITLE THAT IMPLIES SOMEONE WHO WILL COMPETE WHEN THE PERSON IS RETIRED. When TNA says "former world champion coming to make an impact" they're trying to make the impression that a world champion caliber wrestler is coming to compete, that's why they tease it, wrap it in mystery so it's a big deal. If that's not the case, it's bound to be a let down, and should be done otherwise. How you don't seem to be able to wrap your head around is something you should take up with your parents and whoever was supplying them with drugs while you were conceived. They teased a guy who has no plans of wrestling in a way that implies they'll be wrestling. It's misleading, and how you disappoint fans. If you still don't get it maybe I can try drawing a picture.

Notice how they used Bobby Lashley instead? That's because even THEY realized teasing a guy who would never wrestle, in a way that makes people think he's coming to wrestle, is a bad idea.

No it shouldn't be. It's describing the person he was. Why would TNA promote him as a former color commentator? Especially when he's going to be Joe's manager? When people think of a former world champion they could think of pretty much anyone who was a former world champion. That's the whole point of speculation. It's pretty much easy fucking common sense to grasp.
Word.

I don't recall once that they claimed he was going to compete or wrestle or even 'make an appearance in the ring'...just that a former champ was coming to make an impact.

If you get burnt for making some ignorant assumption, you should be mad at yourself for making the ignorant assumption, not TNA.