TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FroGG_NeaL

WWE General Discussion - April 2009

That's not the point, it's not about assumptions it's about what they're implying. To do a vague tease like that implies someone who's going to be wrestling. TNA realized it, that's why Taz is behind a curtain as a mentor and Lashley was used to justify the tease.

If I have a baseball team, and I tell the fans that a former MVP is coming to make an impact!, and it's the 1952 MVP in a consulting role, the fans might be a little upset.

That's not the point, it's not about assumptions it's about what they're implying. To do a vague tease like that implies someone who's going to be wrestling. TNA realized it, that's why Taz is behind a curtain as a mentor and Lashley was used to justify the tease.

If I have a baseball team, and I tell the fans that a former MVP is coming to make an impact!, and it's the 1952 MVP in a consulting role, the fans might be a little upset.

You seem to be confusing what TNA implied with what you inferred. There really is nothing resembling a clear implication of a competitor in that headline "a former world champion coming to make an impact." Its not terribly unreasonable for you to infer from it that a wrestler is coming but since a wrestling company has many roles outside the ring in which someone could "make an impact" there's really no reason for you to hold TNA accountable for your assumption. And really, that's all it was. You claim that a vague tease is intended to imply a wrestler. That's not inherently true. A vague tease is used to leave open many possibilities. If they push you towards "wrestler" in some way when there's no real plan of that then there's certainly a bit of dishonesty and manipulation at play.

You clearly feel that "world champion" is a significant push towards "wrestler." I and everyone else who has responded to you disagrees. But whether you're right or wrong you're really just making assumptions about TNA's intentions based on your own inference of their vague tease. Its a pretty flimsy approach from the get go.

You're also extending that to make another assumption that I haven't seen supported or even suggested anywhere besides one of your posts. That TNA actually recognized the implication in their headline and thus changed plans to use Lashley in order to make good. Which seems like a pretty unfounded and questionable theory when (a) one assumes Lashley would have taken more than a phone call to get in, (b) TNA teased 2 world champions thus accounting for Lashley and the rumored Taz, © Taz's true reason for being behind a curtain is presumed to be a no-compete clause that doesn't allow him to appear on TNA TV yet, and (d) TNA's pulled MUCH bigger bait and switches in recent memory including billing Al Snow as a former "world champion" so it would actually be quite out of character for them to agree with you on this matter.

The tease started as one, everyone figured it was going to be Taz from his blog post, suddenly a day later it's two world champions and the one that was really hyped ended up being Lashley. That's not exactly hard to figure out.

You don't imply a high level competitor when it's a high level competitor from a decade or two ago who has no plans on ever wrestling. They're running a wrestling federation, people are watching it to see wrestling. When you tease a former world champion coming in, they should probably NOT be retired. I can't believe we're this far into discussing how it's not a good idea to tease a "former world champion" coming in when the guys retired. A smarter idea if you want to make it a surprise, would be establishing what his role is before revealing who he is. That way expectations are already set. Kind of like having Joe talk to someone behind a curtain....

All joking aside, theone, there's not enough activity here as it is.. Splitting up the already diluted conversation is not a good idea.

If he moves it to the TNA folder, then nobody will reply to it. Which means there's no activity in the TNA folder and less activity in the WWE folder.

taker_hs.gif

The Undertaker after drinking Red Bull

What the fuck is going on there? I'm so confused by Taker doing that.

red bull gives u wings scroby wings or makes u run around like a mad man havn't u ever had a red bull?

haha, I want a red bull to do that to me one of these days.

Wwe signed Lance "Tramp Stamp" Hoyt according to pwinsider.

I'm surprised it took them this long to be honest. The guy has the look, but it will be a cold day in hell when WWE lets him bust out the moonsaults and stuff he did in TNA.

Wwe signed Lance "Tramp Stamp" Hoyt according to pwinsider.

I'm surprised it took them this long to be honest. The guy has the look, but it will be a cold day in hell when WWE lets him bust out the moonsaults and stuff he did in TNA.

You take that away and he had nothing. Mayeb they'll give him the maked gimmick that Tomko was rumored to have. Also Hoyt played an Undertaker rip-off gimmick in the indies, he could break out that look. Having a big man doing the high flyer moves might be a way to sell him in a feud with the Undertaker. "The Undertaker has faced big men in the past, but never one this agile..."

He'll never be taken seriously with that tramp stamp and going by the WWE's track record someone like Christian or Cena will just point it out and make fun of him and thus he will never get over. Maybe if he did moonsaults maybe

Trytan was Ryan Wilson, just a generic big man TNA brought in during 2005. He was quickly released because he sucked. WWE signed him and assigned him to OVW. Wilson was there for two years before he was released.

Lance Hoyt was the big, blonde guy who was originally Kid Kash's partner "Dallas". He was renamed to Lance Hoyt after Diamond Dallas Page started doing stuff with TNA.

Yea, I remember that Hoyt was originally Dallas, but for some reason I thought he played Trytan as well. I also remember Hoyt being ungodly over for a while a few years back.