TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Masters Thread

Ala the tennis Grand Slams, I think we'd be better served with threads devoted to just the majors instead of monthly threads. To that end, I'm still impressed with how much traffic the June '08 thread saw during the U.S. Open on Sunday evening.

My absolute favourite sporting event kicks off in five days, to cap off a pretty good week: Wrestlemania, start of baseball season, the ending of the NHL season/start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. In lieu of the Jays home opener live, I'll be going to Tuesday night's game following the live taping of The Hour with George Stromboulopolous.

Tiger's 'take that' to Sean O'Hair last week cemented his status as favourite #1 for Augusta, although a win by 1A Philly Mick at Houston this week could open the debate back up.

Furthermore, Fed Ex Cup leader Geoff Ogilvy's been lost in the shuffle of the Tiger-Phil frenzy, and 2007 Masters champ Zach Johnson quietly finished third in Orlando last week.

Discuss.

A story that isn't being discussed much is that Padraig Harrington will be going for a third consecutive major championship. While I think that it's a long shot that Harrington wins the tournament, I'm surprised that many commentators who are already previewing the event are not bringing up this point.

I'm very excited to see Greg Norman return to Augusta National and would love for him to make a British Open-like run. Chances are that Norman will miss the cut, but how awesome would it be for Norman to be battling someone like Woods down the stretch on Sunday?