TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

100 Posts of Solitude

There is no center of the universe.

Hey objet petit a, I applaud your courage in picking Gonzaga. According to the statistical championship model that I created, Gonzaga is the only team that exactly matches all of the criteria this year. If they weren't in the same region as UNC and Oklahoma, I'd probably have them in my final four, too. However, Gonzaga and Memphis have somewhat inflated numbers under this model because of the relative weakness of their conference opponents.

My prediction: someone comes out of nowhere to win the title like Florida a few years back. Do I know who that is? Absolutely not.

This year is tough to pick, indeed. My championship model said that it would be Florida or Kansas in 2007 and only Kansas in 2008, but there's no clear-cut team this season. The injuries to Lawson, Dyson, and Griffin further confused things. The model has four teams above all others: Gonzaga, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Wake Forest (in that order). Then there are five other teams that resemble the model close enough that I could see their winning: Missouri, Pitt, UConn, Memphis, and Louisville (in that order, and Memphis and Louisville are really stretching it). The model says that Duke, Michigan State, Villanova, Syracuse, Xavier, et al have a 0% chance. Michigan State looks really horrible.

Short version: If someone comes out of nowhere to win it, I think that it will be Gonzaga, Oklahoma, Wake Forest, or Missouri.

Overall, what I said doesn't look too bad. I picked North Carolina to win it, and I'm fairly confident that they'll beat Connecticut to win the title. I think that Oklahoma or Gonzaga could have been Final Four teams in the Midwest or East. I don't know what the fuck happened with Wake Forest. They're a mentally weak team.

I was right about Missouri's being underrated and Memphis's and Louisville's being overrated. But Michigan State is magically coasting through with their rebounding ability alone. I'm astonished that they beat USC, Kansas, and Louisville. Villanova is my favorite team remaining by far, but the championship model says they can't win it. They're not particularly weak anywhere, just not very strong either.

And so, I expect "Gone in the 1st round" to win the TSM Tourney Pick 'Em. I'll get ninth place, and Barack Obama's Bracket will get tenth. I also admit that I'm the one who submitted Mr. President's bracket.

13. I had thought about starting a science thread in the Literature folder, but I decided against it. Here's what I was going to put in the first post:

RoboCup organizers are not shy about their ultimate tournament in the year 2050. According to their website, "By mid-21st century, a team of fully autonomous humanoid robot soccer players shall win the soccer game, comply with the official rules of the FIFA, against the winner of the most recent World Cup."

That's right; they plan on the robots beating the current, human World Cup champions. "It's like what happened with the Deep Blue computer when it managed to beat Kasparov at chess in 1997," says Aler.

http://www.livescience.com/technology/0902...ots-soccer.html

Robots' current football abilities (with no remote control):

I could watch this stuff for hours.

So, Connecticut lost to Michigan State. Home court probably played a role. Now we have the team that the championship model predicted to win it all vs. the team that can't possibly win it.

Leena is a notorious board hacker. She was first banned six years ago but kept trying to break in.

She wasn't banned when I became friends with her in 2006. And wasn't it Czech's idea to let her post in The Gulag in 2008? It was a good idea, but the execution was poor. No one could reply to her.

She hacked accounts that had simple passwords so that she could post after she was banned. I don't support her doing that. But, other than that, people just didn't like her. The Maffs faked the whole 'Leena stole the admin password' debacle. No one but me, it seems, is bothered by the fact that they intentionally caused further damage to her reputation.

Funny how Al's alleged admission of changing everybody's PMs and account info never showed up.

This JHawk guy doesn't read very well, first of all.

Second, I looked in the Staff folder for the post in question after Leena mentioned it, and guess what? It exists. I've been waiting for alkeiper to admit it, but doing so would entail admitting that Leena was telling the truth.

She antagonized most people, I know, but she and I get along well despite our differing political views.

Also, happy birthday to David Akeroyd. We were born less than one week apart!

15. I had plans to revive the thread in the World folder about the Russian professor who predicts the demise of the US. I think that thread deserved more serious discussion, and the WSJ article wasn't very good.

Let's go back to what the professor, Igor Panarin, originally said. In the Drudge flash from 25 Nov 2008, he said that the U.S. economy will completely collapse because (a) the banks are dying or barely surviving, (b) prices will continue to rise, (c) unemployment will continue to rise, effecting some entire cities like Detroit, (d) not even President Obama can do anything about it, (e) America has a vulnerable political setup, (f) there is a lack of unified national laws, and (g) there are divisions among the elite.

Thus, America will break up into six parts: "the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong." I agree that the map provided in the WSJ article is poor. I'm not sure why it has only four divisions instead of six. Before I read the WSJ article, I made a map that made some sense while adhering to the way that he described the six divisions.

futureamerica.png

I wasn't sure whether the Southeast was allowed to join up with Texas, and he specifically said "Atlantic coast," not just the Northeast.

There was a lot of mocking of being influenced by Canada/Mexico/etc. in the thread. I think that the way that it would happen, hypothetically, would be that there would be hyperinflation of the US dollar, and so people would turn to other currencies. Texas would bring back star money, the Southwest would use pesos, the West Coast would use renminbi or yen, the Dakota area would use gold and silver, the Midwest would use Canadian dollars, and the Atlantic coast would use euros. Is the gigantic US debt not a serious problem?

Of course, I don't agree with everything Mr. Panarin said. I'd just call it one somewhat-plausible scenario. It's a fun exercise to think about the possibilities.

What are you talking about! Leena is satan and those guys protected us from her for years. Surely they'd never do something as sad as try to 'work the board' or bring her back just to see if she could "stir the pot". And they've never lied about anything. EVER. So stop all that talk about reality, there's no place for it here.

Everyone should be thanking Leena at this point, she was the bad case of herpes that finally made the crabs leave.

16. So, tonight is WrestleMania XXV. It looks ok. The greatest possible outcome would be for Randy Orton to become WWE Champion after hitting an ORTONSAULT. Modern wrestling matches usually aren't very good, unfortunately. WrestleMania "X-Seven" was the best WM, I think. I feel like watching The Rock vs. Austin again.

I found that Useless Moron Scott Keith did a re-rant for the WMX-7 show just two weeks ago. Interesting. I watched The Rock vs. Austin again, and my three favorite parts were (1) the bizarre sequence where Hebner trips on the ring steps, The Rock blades, and the table spontaneously combusts; (2) Austin hooks in the Million Dollar Dream, Rock does the Bret Hart counter, and Austin kicks out; and (3) the whole ending sequence, highlighted by The Rock's massively overselling the Stunner.

17. There are still four posters on my GTG friends list whom I haven't publically supported yet. Let's get those out of the way. I'll have to praise their past posts.

Czech please!, I don't know what you've been saying about me or what's going through your mind, but you and objet petit a are still the top tier of posters.

I was in a couple of classes with that girl. She moved to Taiwan.

Causal relationship?

This post is classic Czech. It was ignored in the poster tournament thread, but it was hilarious.

Princess Leena: Leena is nice and I don't blame her for thinking a lot of people here are horrible

You said that in a best poster tournament thread?

Czech would make a good TV pundit or op-ed columnist--pretending to know a lot about politics, etc. but actually being extremely superficial & not knowing what he's talking about most of the time.

This Big Ol' Smitty post, however, was also good. I wonder if Czech put Smitty on his enemies list for it.

What a time warp of a thread. Czech, Smitty, and Byron arguing about Somalia and citing sources before I was posting in CE?

On a related note, you know how 'pulling a Byron the Bulb' means to start a reply but never finish it? I'd appreciate if people used the phrase 'pulling a Xavier' to refer to someone who hits reply, leaves the tab open for hours while doing other stuff, and then finishes the post at 4 a.m.

I have other topics about which to write, but I have to keep grinding out this TSM stuff.

19. Next on the friends list is BUTT. I never understood why he changed his name from Sensei John Kreese to BUTT. I remarked in the poster tournament that I like his "silly yet observant" style. He offers some comedic relief while still maintaining respectability.

frolicking.jpg

No posting pics of yourself.

I was going to say the same thing. Good post. :)

20. The last-but-not-least poster on the friends list is Edwin MacPhisto. He's one of the most intellectual posters but isn't a douche about it whatsoever. Both Leelee and I were quite disappointed when he declined to be a mod. I don't hang out in the Music folder, but it's impossible not to see his posting talent elsewhere.

I love the original Xenogears

So do I, man, so do I.

It's pretty difficult to top the greatness of the ASSSSSSSSSSSS thread.

21. So there, the friends list thread is complete. Now, a few other random TSM-related thoughts before I move on:

* Happy birthday Carnival! Ethan was one of my first TSM friends. I direct your attention to the thread I made three years ago: Carnival's birthday bash! It would make my day to see Super Nintendo Chalmers post in this thread.

* I wonder if Gary Floyd is reading this thread. He seemed disappointed that Marvin didn't follow through with the 100 post Condemned spell. I finish what I start.

* I wonder how Czech feels about my actualizing his Condemned idea.

* I wonder how much of THE REAL TSM is following this thread. I hope it's a lot.

* I wonder why the Maffs can't even verbalize what their reasoning is. Ask me some questions and we'd likely clear this thing up pretty quickly.

* At Home is odd. Whenever he sent me a PM, I'd respond, but he never read the responses.

* I don't know about Leelee, but, seriously, I never cheated in the Arcade. I'm still bitter that my scores were erased. They took time to get.

* I'm the only voter who picked '1' in TSM Fantasy's poll. Strange. Life is all about being number one.

Leena is a notorious board hacker. She was first banned six years ago but kept trying to break in.

She wasn't banned when I became friends with her in 2006. And wasn't it Czech's idea to let her post in The Gulag in 2008? It was a good idea, but the execution was poor. No one could reply to her.

She hacked accounts that had simple passwords so that she could post after she was banned. I don't support her doing that. But, other than that, people just didn't like her. The Maffs faked the whole 'Leena stole the admin password' debacle. No one but me, it seems, is bothered by the fact that they intentionally caused further damage to her reputation.

Yeah, that version of the Leena timeline had multiple inconsistencies in it.

15. I had plans to revive the thread in the World folder about the Russian professor who predicts the demise of the US. I think that thread deserved more serious discussion, and the WSJ article wasn't very good.

One of the first lessons I learned here was any attempts at serious discussion will be met with immediate ridicule and scorn by at least 50% of the board.

I still have no idea who the Maff Clique included. Who were they exactly?

The Maff Clique is Czech, CWM, 909, Vitamin X, alfdogg, treble, and a few others.

22. So, it's over. The real Michigan State finally showed up, and North Carolina predictably eviscerated them. My championship model succeeds again. Now I will sell it for millions of dollars. If I ever had to do one of those 'justify your existence' posts, I could put "I can tell you who will win the NCAA Tournament every year" on there. I don't Google stats; I create my own statistical system. What else could I add?

* World's #1 NFL Draft expert

* Best WWE Fantasy player on the forum

* Former Death Pool champion (also foresaw Test's death)

* Who else will defend the noble Somali people?

* Person who cares the most about quality in Graphics & Testing Grounds

* One of the ~10 posters who are qualified to post in Literature

* Nutrition expert

* Arcade champion without cheating

* TSMpedia contributor

Czech Republic

From Tsmpedia

Revision as of 07:53, 4 February 2007; view current revision

←Older revision | Newer revision→

Jump to: navigation, search

The Czech Republic (a.k.a. "Go, Mordecai!", Felonies!, Slovakia, Sylvan Grenier, gogosox81, Gogo., Unfrozen Caveman Poster, and Scott Keith) (born 10 December 1986, in Chicago?) is one of TSM's most active and handsome posters. He is famous for his avatars, which showcase human emotion. He has been seen associating with alfdogg.

See also

* YEAH-UH guy

I started Czech's TSMpedia article. I'm the Shane Battier of TSM—the no-stats all-star.

23. Let's revisit my question of the day about Twitter. Most people who use Twitter are dipshits. I don't care that you're at home watching a movie, or whatever. Instead, give me useful commentary about the movie. I don't sincerely care what celebrities are doing, either, but I follow a few of them for laughs. So, are there any good uses for Twitter? Yes. I signed up to follow PTI so that I know what's coming up on the day's show. (I've watched like 99% of all PTI shows.) It's also useful to follow intelligent people who use it straight up as a micro-blog. It's also good for emergency situations, when word needs to be spread quickly (e.g., during the Mumbai attacks).

This JHawk guy doesn't read very well, first of all.

Second, I looked in the Staff folder for the post in question after Leena mentioned it, and guess what? It exists. I've been waiting for alkeiper to admit it, but doing so would entail admitting that Leena was telling the truth.

First off, nice of you to wait until I hadn't posted on the board for three days to imply I can't read.

Second, the mere fact that Leena still had the power to declassify said thread and failed to do so shows that either A) the situation is blown out of proportion (and based on what alkeiper has told me, that appears to be the case), or B) Leena knows she merely got a taste of her own medicine and therefore can't justify it.

The Maff Clique is Czech, CWM, 909, Vitamin X, alfdogg, treble, and a few others.

I liked half of those guys, and hated the other half. I wonder what that says about me.

First off, nice of you to wait until I hadn't posted on the board for three days to imply I can't read.

Second, the mere fact that Leena still had the power to declassify said thread and failed to do so shows that either A) the situation is blown out of proportion (and based on what alkeiper has told me, that appears to be the case), or B) Leena knows she merely got a taste of her own medicine and therefore can't justify it.

I implied nothing. I explicitly stated that you do not read very well. When I wrote it does not matter. It was a public comment and I was fully aware that you might see it.

False dilemma. The answer is C) Leena doesn't give a flying you-know-what about proving to JHawk that alkeiper's post exists in the Staff folder. This discussion isn't about what alkeiper did with his administrative powers. I don't care what, if anything, he did a long time ago in regard to 'hacking' PMs. The point is that alkeiper could have admitted that his post exists, but he didn't. By not saying anything, it was his intent to leave a false impression about Leena. It's similar to when the Maffs pretended that she stole the admin account. They wanted to prank the board, and that's ok. But after the prank, they never admitted that they were behind the prank. "I'm assuming it was Leena." What is that "bull shit," CWM? You flat-out lied to everyone. Everyone else involved remained silent about the truth, and so they are guilty of intending to leave a false impression about Leena.

I like most of the Maffs, too. I just don't like some of their antics.

She is real, so no more conspiracies about that. Even though Mole was the only one who seemed to think she wasn't.
There's nothing wrong with This Thread Is Ghey or any number of other gimmicks.
Talking about your account as if it weren't yours is pretty pathetic.

Also, GIYGAS is Captain of Outer Space.

If I had continued to play the WWE fantasy game, you would have. You deserve much praise for keeping track of all of that stuff.

26. Ok, I'm going to get away from talking about posters and secrets and all that stuff for a while. I have more to say, but I'll put it on hold.

It's a Somalia post. Go ahead and scroll down to 27.

About one month ago, I loved reading AP's self-celebratory article about how the increased international warship presence in the Gulf of Aden was effective in making it "harder to seize vessels in recent months." The best line in the article is

"Each nation is keen to display the pirates they've captured — it's almost a competition,"

Not a surprise to me.

Anyway, it turns out that the privateers were actually just waiting. They've been very successful at capturing ships during the last two weeks. Jeffrey Gettleman, the best Western journalist covering this topic, wrote the following on 6 April:

The pirates somehow eluded the armada of warships from more than a dozen nations, including the United States, patrolling Somalia’s seas. Kenyan seafarers are now talking about a “pirate surge.”

Of course, no one in the U.S. cared until they went after a U.S. ship today. Now it's the banner headline on HuffPo and Drudge. Then we got great comments like the following:

The government should just set up a quick response rocket system or fighter jet and, when a pirate ship hails a lawful ship to stop, they should be blown out of the water, no questions asked. Do that a few times and I doubt any pirates will be willing to sit as targets in open water and all this nonsense will stop.
Sink the lifeboat
Everyone knows that these pirates are based in Eyl.....send a few Predators over there and voila, no more piracy.
Its simple. Don't mess with the U.S.
videotape a pirate execution and upload it to youtube. everyone wants to watch it :). i sure do.

What if people who thought this way were in power? Oh, they already were.

The privateers do have some good PR people: Nasr Ibn Othman, Sugule Ali, and Shamun Indhabur.

27. I've been thinking about the costs of video entertainment. A wrestling or boxing pay-per-view costs about $40 for 3 hours of entertainment. A film in a theater costs about $10 for 2 hours. Unlimited television costs nothing because of advertising. Ok, film prices make sense, even though they have ads before the film starts, because you pay to use the theater's facilities. What's wrong with watching films for free at home, then? I'll watch your advertising. I won't buy anything, but I'll browse in another tab while you advertise for however long you feel is fair. Hulu is awesome.

Pay-per-views, though... fuck the heck? I understand that back before everyone had high-speed Internet, something like WrestleMania or crazy Mike Tyson was something that people would pay to watch live because something special could happen and it might be your only chance to see it. But now, what's the point? You can track the results live and check YouTube for anything interesting. And it's likely that there won't be anything special. How do they still get so many buys? How can anyone (e.g., Scott Keith) honestly say that WMXXV was worth $55 just because Shawn Michaels and Undertaker had a good match? (Trying to justify the decision to buy it, I guess.)

Hey, knuckleheads in Washington, the real pirates are in Indonesia. Also, I found the worst comment yet:

I say we kick all Somalis out of the USA but NOW. Illegal or not. And make them change their damned names too.
I wonder if The Real TSM's discussion on this issue is similarly enlightened.

28. Let's sex up the discussion for a while. What's the final word on Czech's sexuality? The popular theory around here was that he's asexual. I recall that he said that he wasn't into black or Asian girls at all. I don't think he's asexual, though. I think he does want to have sex with certain girls, but he's probably really bad at attracting them. I mean, Czech's a great friend to a lot of girls, especially online, but I don't think sober girls fall for him. And he doesn't hang out in bars. He's not ugly or anything; it's his personality. The way that Czech's attitude has been increasingly frustrated and contemptuous these last few months indicates to me that his wooing efforts have been unsuccessful and he can't figure out why.

Maybe I'm way off, though. It's difficult to search Czech's 2006–2009 posts now.

I don't agree with your theory.

I'll always go for the big ass. I like tits, but I don't need a big pair. Not saying I dislike big tits, I'm just more of a big ass guy.

Buttocks do as much for me as black girls do for Czech: nothing. High, firm breasts are the superior indicator of the nubility of a lass. As we form the beast with two backs, I'm meant to be excited as I gaze at the breasts of my mate. The human buttocks exists to be sat upon. We are not baboons.

30. Important message from eBay:

When one or more ratings is below 4.3, your listings may appear lower in search results and you won't be able to register new accounts until your ratings in all four categories are 4.3 or above. If any of your ratings falls below 4.1, you won't be able to list new items.

This policy is fucking stupid. Ratings go up to only 5. If one piece of shit buyer decides to give me a 1 for shipping price, I won't be able to sell my items. I almost always start the auction price at US$0.99. I'm not going to risk shipping something for less than the price of shipping. I also have to acquire the shipping materials, address them, and spend my time going to the post office. Go fuck a tire iron if you think that charging you US$6.99 for something that costs US$6.13 to ship is such a heinous act that I should no longer be able to sell things.

(BTW, I can still sell things, for now. Also, selling on eBay is not my primary occupation.)

Hey, knuckleheads in Washington, the real pirates are in Indonesia. Also, I found the worst comment yet:

I say we kick all Somalis out of the USA but NOW. Illegal or not. And make them change their damned names too.
I wonder if The Real TSM's discussion on this issue is similarly enlightened.

Actually, they aren't talking about it at all. Way to low blow your friends over there.

The privateers do have some good PR people: Nasr Ibn Othman, Sugule Ali, and Shamun Indhabur.

27. I've been thinking about the costs of video entertainment. A wrestling or boxing pay-per-view costs about $40 for 3 hours of entertainment. A film in a theater costs about $10 for 2 hours. Unlimited television costs nothing because of advertising. Ok, film prices make sense, even though they have ads before the film starts, because you pay to use the theater's facilities. What's wrong with watching films for free at home, then? I'll watch your advertising. I won't buy anything, but I'll browse in another tab while you advertise for however long you feel is fair. Hulu is awesome.

Pay-per-views, though... fuck the heck? I understand that back before everyone had high-speed Internet, something like WrestleMania or crazy Mike Tyson was something that people would pay to watch live because something special could happen and it might be your only chance to see it. But now, what's the point? You can track the results live and check YouTube for anything interesting. And it's likely that there won't be anything special. How do they still get so many buys? How can anyone (e.g., Scott Keith) honestly say that WMXXV was worth $55 just because Shawn Michaels and Undertaker had a good match? (Trying to justify the decision to buy it, I guess.)

Forget keeping up with results and checking YouTube. You can easily find free streams of every PPV. Also, it's hard to justify the $40 cost of a PPV when it'll be out on DVD for $16 within a month.