TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

100 Posts of Solitude

Xavier is being left out of the handjob party because of his unwavering devotion to a transgendered weirdo from Buffalo who has managed to righteously annoy people who are higher in the board's chain of command than I am. As for the board's elitism, we've let in a large number of mouth-breathing lumps who bring nothing to the discourse, so let that go.

Xavier is being left out of the handjob party because of his unwavering devotion to a transgendered weirdo from Buffalo who has managed to righteously annoy people who are higher in the board's chain of command than I am. As for the board's elitism, we've let in a large number of mouth-breathing lumps who bring nothing to the discourse, so let that go.

*looks in mirror*

That explains it!

Xavier is being left out of the handjob party because of his unwavering devotion to a transgendered weirdo from Buffalo who has managed to righteously annoy people who are higher in the board's chain of command than I am.

There it is. After one month, finally, an official declaration of the reason for banishment.

"Unwavering devotion" is incorrect. It is friendship and it has wavered. We didn't talk to each other for a significant chunk of 2007, and we were on fairly rocky terms for a while in February/March 2009. But, naturally we prefer to be friends (who prefers to be enemies?), and eventually we return to a friendly state. Why do you care with whom I choose to be friends? She reads and replies to what I write, and I'm grateful that she does so. I enjoy reading what she has to say about things, even though we often disagree, because I respect her intelligence. You know that, politically, she's very right-wing whereas I'm clearly left-wing, but I like to read a different perspective than my own and try to understand it. There is a zero percent chance that I would sell out any of my true friends.

"A transgendered weirdo" is petty trolling. She's a girl.

"Who has managed to righteously annoy people who are higher in the board's chain of command than I am." Sure, no one is suggesting that she be allowed to join your forum. (She has no interest in doing so anyway.) The question is, how does it relate to me? You're still making the Sarah Palin guilt-by-unrelated-association argument. Have I done anything on the forum worthy of a ban? I'm not involved with any of the conflicts between her and the Maffs. I'm peaceful and empathetic.

I'm really indefinitely banned from a forum for refusing to hate someone? Sorry, I'm not good at hating people. Why wasn't it a problem that I was her friend when you guys were in charge here? I imagine that it would have looked pretty nonsensical and appalling for a mod to, out of the blue, ban me for communicating with a person with whom the mod personally does not like. Now, when she's finally gone from this community, it's acceptable to do so? How would my presence negatively affect your forum? I'm not going to go around crusading on her behalf. I wouldn't even mention her. As I've said, I just want to read and post like usual.

And by the way, there's a place for flaming there. It just happens to be the same folder as General Chat here. You don't want to deal with flaming, don't click on the threads that are doing it.

All of the defenses of the new board require us to take the members' word for what's going on over there. The board is only viewable to members.

And by the way, there's a place for flaming there. It just happens to be the same folder as General Chat here. You don't want to deal with flaming, don't click on the threads that are doing it.

And that is the most intelligent thing I've read since all the Mike/Leena/Maffs shit went down.

I think I'm done with this thread. B-)

All of the defenses of the new board require us to take the members' word for what's going on over there. The board is only viewable to members.

You could just stop bitching and actually register. You make it sound like some murky, lawless cabal that the media isn't allowed to enter.

despite registration being exclusive, despite actual members of the forum telling other people who tried to register they had to talk to someone they know on an instant messenger to be allowed in. Some have admitted they "don't want to let the trash in".

You guys are elitist. Fucking run with it, don't put up the phony "no we're open-minded, I swear, I've read the Curry before" front. This is the internet, let go of that sense of grandeur for one second and realize you guys aren't a company of good ole boys who need to have an "image of diversity" for the public.

At this point it's really just funner to watch it be than talk about it. What a wonderful experiment, how long can a place for discussion last on yup's and trying too hard before it becomes completely homogenized.... at the current rate, I'm giving people 10-1 odds on yesterday.

Yikes, the refuse really was left behind. I don't know what post that came from, but there's no such IM requirement. There's a voucher thread (pretty much to keep Leena and Battlenuts out) where the highest qualification one needs is "oh yeah, I remember that guy," but we've really let in just about everyone who's registered besides goldengreek.

but there's no such IM requirement. There's a voucher thread (pretty much to keep Leena and Battlenuts out) where the highest qualification one needs is "oh yeah, I remember that guy,"

How come refuse can see the hypocrisy in denying you don't have to know someone to get in while admitting there's a thread for people to establish who they know? Does that make people who can't the refuse of refuse? Are you the shit of shit, is that what you're trying to get across here?

You could just stop bitching and actually register. You make it sound like some murky, lawless cabal that the media isn't allowed to enter.

Isn't this the thread where someone is trying to prove his worthiness to get into an internet message board?

And I wouldn't call what I'm doing "bitching." Its more along the lines of "making fun of a really absurd situation."

someone who would likely share an account with leeter, and we are completely done with this person, don't want to talk about them or deal with them or bug them, so any attempt to bring in someone who claims to be their "friend" is entirely counterproductive...

909 said that? Seriously? Because here's what he said to me in a private conversation:

Someone else made the other board and it's really up to him whether you can post there or not. I'll ask him, but I know I'm going to get laughed at for asking.

So he is a liar as well as admittedly elitist?

That argument is a joke. I would "likely" share an account with her? LIKELY? No, I would not. Why would I do that? When have I ever done anything like that? His prejudice and his assumption that I am not honest is rather insulting. I'm an independent individual. My personality is very different from hers. My desire to join has nothing to do with her. It does not involve her in any way. TSM is the forum that I like to go to in order to read people's opinions about whatever, because I respect the writing ability of members like objet petit a and Czech. And he still calls her Leeter. That shows what he knows (nothing). How is it entirely counterproductive? My usual posts are just analyses of things I'm interested in, like Somalia, President Obama, the NFL, NCAA basketball, literature, graphics, and so on.

55. Here's an interesting post that 909 made to snuffbox in the gay marriage thread.

Oh trust me, I'm not about to do anything. But rather than running away like a bitch, you can point out where it says that we are supposed to worship the snake rather than repeating the same thing over and over again, unchecked by anyone. Now that someone confronts you about it (and unfortunately not very many people are going to say anything, because you are just going to repeat the same shit over and over again as if you're continually copying and pasting it from other posts rather than wasting time typing it more than once), you run away like a coward rather than argue whatever point it is that you're trying to make? I'm just pointing out how fucking lame that is.

Says the guy who "ran away like a bitch" two days later to start an exclusive private forum. Wasn't the new forum supposed to be about replacing Mike as admin?

Says the guy who has no logical argument and just repeats "friend of leeter friend of leeter friend of leeter."

Says the guy who had been confronted for the last month and said nothing other than the lie mentioned in 54.

Says the coward who is so terrified of the thought of Leena that he prejudicedly bans an innocent poster.

"I'm just pointing out how fucking lame that is."

56. I don't think I ever posted in the Video Games folder. Let's talk about TASVideos. I've been involved with the TAS community since it started in December 2003. (I'm known by the alias "Arc" there.) Basically, the idea of a TAS is to attempt to complete games as fast as theoretically possible and to make an entertaining movie while doing so. It's much more difficult than it looks. You have to not only execute the key presses but manipulate luck and thoroughly plan your strategies.

I made a lot of movies and updates over the years, all for NES games. Not so much lately, but I'm hoping to get back into it eventually. Anyway, here are my two best movies:

NES Ghosts 'n Goblins completed in 08:23.13.

NES Maniac Mansion completed in 06:29.77.

I just watched SNES Chrono Trigger completed in 21:23.98. I have new appreciation for the factory scene in which Robo says, "These are my friends! R-64Y, R-67Y, and R-69Y! Good to see you!" and then the six purple robots all gang up on him.

Having played both those games a million times in my youth, I'm almost ready to call Shenaniganz~! on those videos.

-The Maniac Mansion one seemed to have several moments where you ran into various people who should've stopped, captured, and/or killed you (Nurse Edna, both Tentacles, and the Meteor) yet you just walked right past them and nothing happened. How the hell does that work? Was it a glitch? Taking advantage of glitches doesn't seem like a fair way to do a speed run.

-Meanwhile, there were several moments when I outright gasped at the crazy John Woo shit you were pulling in Ghosts and Goblins. That's one of the hardest games ever made. I mean, HARD. Whoever designed I Wanna Be The Guy probably jerks off at night to Ghosts and Goblins. Yet you just calmly traipsed through it like it ain't no thang, dodging shit with the casual attitude of a martial arts master beating up a room full of white belts. And doing half of it with the goddamned TORCH as your weapon, no less. However, there were a few moments where it looked like you totally ran right into a monster, and it either passed right through you or exploded on contact. I especially remember the Dragon boss as requiring a hell of a lot more than just four hits to defeat. Wassupwidat?

but there's no such IM requirement. There's a voucher thread (pretty much to keep Leena and Battlenuts out) where the highest qualification one needs is "oh yeah, I remember that guy,"

How come refuse can see the hypocrisy in denying you don't have to know someone to get in while admitting there's a thread for people to establish who they know? Does that make people who can't the refuse of refuse? Are you the shit of shit, is that what you're trying to get across here?

There's no hypocrisy in it because there is a fucking reason we don't want certain posters (such as yourself) on the new board: You ruin everything. Hell, the majority of your posts that I've seen from you are made up of the following

-Constant bitching about the new board, those who post here (you've called us "elitists" so many times now, it's lost whatever point it probably once had) and still trying to convince yourself this place is better now, all while not presenting an actual intelligent reason as to why you think that.

-Constant insulting people, trying to come off as a too cool for school type, and general flaming and trolling.

-Horrible attempts at defending your point, and constantly missing the point even when it's practically spelled out.

There's a reason we don't let guys like you, goldengreek, etc. on the board: you were unpopular with the board, and for good reason. Not just with the Maff clique or whatever, but with nearly everyone. And yet you still can't see as to why you were (and still are) so unpopular. Sure, you come up with the same tired answers and excuses (The Maff clique, the whole "elitists" claim, etc) but you have yet to think for a moment about the real reason so few like you. Sure, you can claim "not to care", but then why respond if you don't. Hell, we have several posters that were never that popular, but they didn't pull any of the shit you and others did and still do. Sure, Chazz can be annoying, but he didn't constantly troll people and didn't annoy 95% of the board. Even EHME can be tolerable at times. You have yet to be tolerable period.

Is any of this getting through to you? Even a fucking idiot would realize that letting posters who pissed off the majority of those who posted at the old board is a terrible idea. Do you have any fucking clue as to how message boards work?

So go ahead, continue to miss the point. Go ahead and come up with your next wacky insult. Continue to fail to realize how to board properly, and keep being obvious with your answers.

I wish to speak with my lawyer, Mr. Cheech Tremendous, J.D.

Hey, Gary Floyd, are we still on friendly terms?

57. Jingus's comments are all very good and worthy of a detailed response.

Remember that the primary goal is to complete the game in the absolute minimal time, even if it means using glitches to break the game. Often, much of the desired entertainment comes from the shock of seeing the player abuse the game in ways that the programmers never imagined.

For Nurse Edna, I switched screens at the exact moment before capture. The character sprites overlap, but the actual hitboxes do not. You probably know of the glitch in which you enter the kitchen, switch screens, and switch back in order to make Edna disappear.

What happened at the Meteor is not a glitch. When the Meteor kills a kid, it is by firing a green projectile. I simply manipulated the luck so that it didn't fire a projectile at the kid.

What happened at the Tentacles are glitches. (I'm the person who discovered both of those glitches, as well.) At Green Tentacle, I click on NEW KID in order to prevent Green Tentacle from stopping the kid. However, the kid cannot enter the next room by doing only that act. I let him get to the top of the stairs, switch kids, and switch back. I found that the kid is able to exit the screen before Green Tentacle's "stop the kid" programming kicks in.

The stuff I did with the doorbell is what allows the kid to bypass Purple Tentacle. As you probably know, when you enter a screen with one of the house members (e.g., Ed's or Edna's room), switch screens, and switch back, they do not chase you. Instead, they are frozen. The programmers disabled the NEW KID menu in Purple Tentacle's room (the outer lab) for this reason. But, because the doorbell causes the screen change to Weird Ed, Purple Tentacle is frozen when the screen switches back. Like I said, these movies are way more difficult to produce than they look, because you have to discover these kinds of things.

Ghosts 'n Goblins is very difficult indeed. My favorite parts of the video are (1) where I use a bird to escape from the house on level 2 and (2) where I use a fireball to boost up to the next floor on level 6.

The torch is actually required for the maneuver that I do at the first ladder of the house on level 2. The enemy will run into the knight unless the torch slows him down. The two bosses at the end of level 2 are the biggest nightmare that I have ever encountered while making these videos.

You're right about the dragons. You have to hit them in the head six times. That's what I do.

If an enemy appears to explode on contact, then one of two things are happening. One possibility is that they get burned up by one of the torches that I've thrown. The other is a minor glitch. Yes, they actually do pass through the knight. But if the firing of a shot is timed exactly right, then it confuses the poorly programmed game. The knight escapes without damage, whereas the enemy is damaged or killed. Also, when the purple projectile appears to hit the knight in level 2, it misses the actual hitbox of the knight, and so it does not register as a hit.

A lot of the videos on the site are similarly extremely glitched. The "pursuit of perfection" (as Kinetic would surely agree to call it) has led to some fantastic creativity.

Hey, Gary Floyd, are we still on friendly terms?

While I don't like Leena (or your friendship with her), I have no real problem with you.Plus, you're much more tolerable than the guy I just yelled at.

There's no hypocrisy in it because there is a fucking reason we don't want certain posters (such as yourself) on the new board: You ruin everything. Hell, the majority of your posts that I've seen from you are made up of the following

Saying you're not elitist and then describing something elitist you guys do isn't hypocrisy? I'll admit, it's stupid too, but hypocrisy seems like the most obvious answer.

-Constant bitching about the new board, those who post here (you've called us "elitists" so many times now, it's lost whatever point it probably once had) and still trying to convince yourself this place is better now, all while not presenting an actual intelligent reason as to why you think that.

No, no, no, constant interacting with idiots who want to add nothing but "this place is dead". This place is better because regardless of whatever traffic was lost, it came with the loss of elitist, self-important and usually horrible posters. A board with room for good posters is always better than one filled with shit that has no hope of going anywhere. I've said that over and over and all I've heard back is "you iz a flame troll". If I'm to blame for anything it's expecting stupid people to be able to recognize intelligence. My bad on that one.

-Constant insulting people, trying to come off as a too cool for school type, and general flaming and trolling.

Hey Gary Floyd, welcome to NHB, you're a fucking moron. Excuse me while I roll up a pack of smokes in my sleeve and go fuck your girlfriend.

-Horrible attempts at defending your point, and constantly missing the point even when it's practically spelled out.

No I got the point. You guys aren't elitist even though half of you admit you are and the other half deny it while acknowledging many of the reasons you're called it in the first place. This place is worse off because there's no traffic, even though that traffic was mostly a group of elitist BUTT-buddies and everyone who was hanging from their short and curlies, the same group that was slowly killing the traffic of this board. I got every point that's been presented, my problem is when I actually try to debate points and spell everything out for you guys, you just fall back on the same tired shit that might as well be from the circle jerk handbook.

There's a reason we don't let guys like you, goldengreek, etc. on the board: you were unpopular with the board, and for good reason.

You guys don't let in people who aren't popular with established posters. But it's not an elitist tree house. Got it. We're in bizarro world.

Not just with the Maff clique or whatever, but with nearly everyone.

And now you know the draw backs of cloning. There's a reason it stopped with sheep.

And yet you still can't see as to why you were (and still are) so unpopular.

Because I disagree with you guys on a number of things and have said so. That's why you guys like my other name that has agreed with everything and become "one of the boys". I have the scientific evidence you guys will find whoever agrees with you "popular". It's an unfortunate necessity that ended up being a wonderful example of what makes you guys truly suck like no one else can.

Sure, you come up with the same tired answers and excuses (The Maff clique, the whole "elitists" claim, etc)

It's called reason and logic but I'm starting to see where you got so lost.

but you have yet to think for a moment about the real reason so few like you.

Don't have to think about it, I get reminded every day. So thanks for that. Haven't felt so complimented since my mom told me I was special....

Sure, you can claim "not to care", but then why respond if you don't.

Because this is a discussion forum made for people to discuss things with other people. I thought even you could of figured that out.

Hell, we have several posters that were never that popular, but they didn't pull any of the shit you and others did and still do.

Pull shit=disagree with you. The only difference between me and bitches like EHME is I won't abandon logic when it becomes unpopular. That and I don't suffer from any crack related birth defects.

Sure, Chazz can be annoying, but he didn't constantly troll people and didn't annoy 95% of the board. Even EHME can be tolerable at times. You have yet to be tolerable period.

I think the last thing I want a bunch of elitist, dipshits to find me is "tolerable". I'm pretty sure I've been going for the exact opposite.

Is any of this getting through to you?

No, but I'm pretty sure me having brain damage is the only way it would. So I'm calling it a win.

Even a fucking idiot would realize that letting posters who pissed off the majority of those who posted at the old board is a terrible idea.

I'm assuming an "in" got lost in your rage while typing that. I think only a fucking idiot would come to realize that, considering you have to be a fucking idiot to think a discussion board is a place for only people you like in the first place.

Do you have any fucking clue as to how message boards work?

For fun I'm gonna say no and let you tell me. This should be fun.

So go ahead, continue to miss the point. Go ahead and come up your next wacky insult. Continue to fail to realize how to board properly, and keep being obvious with your answers.

How to board properly!? Let me make this simple for you.

I think you and people like you are completely fucking losers. The fact that you use terms like 'board properly' is the exact reason I think you are a fucking loser. Somewhere along the line you stopped thinking this was a place for discussion, or stopped thinking discussion has and always will be at it's best when the point of views represented are as diverse as possible. That's why I'm gonna keep calling you fucking idiots. That's why I'm gonna keep calling you fucking losers. Not because I hope it makes you cry, but because they're the most fitting words in the english language I can think of to describe you.

Hope that clears everything up, if not, I'll start drawing pictures.

And once again, you missed the point entirely. I'm done arguing with you. In a way, you should consider yourself lucky-anywhere else, you would have been banned by now. That's why you continue on with this tired gimmick. But then again, if you were banned, Mike, being the idiot that he is, would bring you back.

Think about it: with your behavior in this board (and don't give me that stupid "IT'S NHB ELITIST!" shit), you would have been banned anywhere else.

No I didn't miss the point Gary, I directly addressed your point. That's why I quoted it, repeated it to show I got it, and then refuted it.

And wonderful, I'd be banned anywhere else. Even the 2 other forums I post at, one in particular where I call the owner every name I've ever felt like and we're still buddies. Why? Because he's not a bitch, and he knows the only way to have good discussion is to have as many different opinions represented as possible. Even the opinion that he's a dumbass.

But you're right, I'm just a flaming troll who doesn't know anything. Try not to cry when you realize that a flaming troll who knows nothing was able to point out that you're a fucking moron. I know I would....

... Battlenuts ...

... Stop replying to E..V..E..R..Y..T..H..I..N..G ...

... it hurts ... it hurts ... it hurts ...

Let's be fair, here...I think I was the first one to throw the "elitist" term around. That might be a misnomer, though, considering there's not real definition of "elite" that the other board's membership (based on who isn't posting here anymore) might fit into. Maybe the rationale that very few are being discriminated against might be easier to swallow if some objective criteria for exclusion was established.

Just unpopularity is a shitty criteria. For instance, MikeSC broke every rule TSM had, but when he was finally banned, so many people were pissed to see him kicked off, The Pit grew an instant brigade of members. He was an asshole to everyone at every opportunity, but there was a group of people he was popular with. Based on the subjective criteria mentioned already, he might very well be the kind of poster you guys are looking for.

You guys don't let in people who aren't popular with established posters.

Correct. And you know why? BECAUSE THAT'S HOW A MESSAGE BOARD FUCKING WORKS YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's say you run a message board. There's a guy hardly anyone likes, and I mean hardly anyone. I won't name names, so let's say Howard Fineman is the guy's name. Anyways, eventually, most of this message board (yourself included) migrates somewhere else. Doesn't matter what the reasons are. Thing is, there are people that the people in this board don't want in there, and for good reason-like say, excessive flaming, trolling, arguing, etc. Basically, bringing in said person/people would ruin the board, and said board is doing pretty damn good at the moment. Hell, it get's more traffic than the old board. Now, do you

a.) Go with what the people want, and not allow people who would fuck everything up, or

b.) Allow said people in, thus pissing everyone off, and ruining what you and others put time and effort (and probably even money) into, thus ruining said board.

If you picked a., then you made the logical choice. If you picked b., then congratulations, you have no fucking clue how message boards are run.

IF YOU MAKE STUPID WORDS BIG THEY JUST BECOME BIG STUPID WORDS!!!!1

You just described the blue-print to a fucking club. Not a discussion forum. Discussion is dependent on it's diversity, meaning the more opinions represented, the better and longer the discussion. If you want a place for nothing but people of similar tastes, you want a fucking club.

But what really gets me is you going on about how you guys aren't elitist and then damn near giving us the fucking definition for the word in your explanation. I'd suggest you go pick up a dictionary, but at this point I'm afraid you might mistakenly pick up someone's cat and start licking it.

I hear Battlenuts went out to a bar last night. Somebody told him the song that was playing was rubbish, so he called the guy a retard. Others jumped in to try and get him to chill out, so Battlenuts said the exact same thing to them. Over and over and over. Eventually the bouncer on the door came in and threw him out. He tried to get back in... and managed it, with a cunning moustache/bowler/wedding dress disguise ensemble... but people still didn't want him there because he was still complaining that that bar needed to play all kinds of music to keep people happy. Not just trance and r'n'b, but folk, christian rock, experimental Indian opera. The more diverse the music, the longer people would want to party, no matter how bad it is! The bar owner finally realised he was just causing everybody to forget about drinking and just get into arguements instead, so he got thrown out.

What a bunch of elitist bitches.