TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

100 Posts of Solitude

Whoah, all joking aside.. What the hell is wrong with experimental Indian opera?

I was reffering to the 95-98 era, as opposed to the critically acclaimed early 2000 work. There's experimental and then there's just bizarre.

You just described the blue-print to a fucking club. Not a discussion forum.

No, I described a message board. If you invited certain people that aren't popular for good reason, and who were banned for a good reason, it's bad for the board. It's basic logic that you keep refusing to acknowledge. Anyone would know this by now. Why do you keep defending your position when you keep getting proven wrong?

Because you haven't proven me wrong. I thought that was obvious.

Discussion needs to be as diverse as possible to be at it's best. You can continue to deny that all you want, but it's a FACT. Denying a fact is the reason I'm calling you a fucking idiot.

I feel like we're getting somewhere, you big, fucking idiot, you.

Music is art and up to interpretation, you guys are, by the definition of the word, elitist.

Seriously King, equating the forum being elitist to me not liking a song? You can bring better sauce than that.

You missed the point again. Well done. The streak lives on.

The point was I don't like the music not being diverse and I cause shit over it.

Music is art, discussion is a literary exchange of ideas. You tried to equate the situation to another situation that was entirely different. It was a really piss poor analogy.

But if I'm wrong, you can just go ahead and say I am without explaining it. Then we'd really have a streak going.

Actually, by constantly arguing with people and flaming, you keep proving my point. Constantly arguing with people and being contrarian is not diverse discussion-if anything, it's blatant trolling. You have proved that time and time again with blatant unfounded accusations of "elitism" and even "xenophobia" (that one's a real laugh.) No matter how many times you repeat yourself, you still haven't proven yourself to be correct. You just keep saying the same thing over and over again. Repeating yourself does not prove a point-it just proves that you are only trying to convince yourself, and that in reality, you know deep inside that you are incorrect.

The point was I don't like the music not being diverse and I cause shit over it.

Music is art, discussion is a literary exchange of ideas. You tried to equate the situation to another situation that was entirely different. It was a really piss poor analogy.

But if I'm wrong, you can just go ahead and say I am without explaining it. Then we'd really have a streak going.

Oh boy, fail.

The point wasn't the music, it's a metaphor genius. The point is, people wouldn't put up with your shit in real-life, so why should they just because "it's only the internet, it's only a discussion forum". If you ran around calling everyone fucking idiots and retards in real-life, you get shunned. Why should it be any different behind a computer screen? You don't get accepted to a college because you're an idiot, is the college elitist? If you get fired from a job for being disruptive, is that company elitist? You get thrown out of a bar because you're ruining the atmosphere by being a confrontational jackass only interested in causing trouble, are they elitist?

Actually, by constantly arguing with people and flaming, you keep proving my point.

I haven't called anyone a name they didn't earn. The arguing you speak of is discussion, the only reason words like 'idiot' and 'moron' have come into play, is because you are acting like an idiot and moron in lieu of presenting reason or logic. The part about proving a point is hilarious because you've yet to establish a point.

Constantly arguing with people and being contrarian is not diverse discussion-

Show me my constant arguing and maybe I'll agree. Problem is, I've discussed tons of things, topics I find myself agreeing with the majority on, and I've done it without calling anyone a name. Wanna know why? Because they didn't act like a fucking idiot, and I had no reason to call them a fucking idiot. Anyone trying to say an elitist forum called elitist by the people who run it, isn't elitist, is a fucking idiot, and I'm gonna let them know it.

if anything, it's blatant trolling.

Me following you around and calling you a dipshit regardless of what you say would be trolling. Me calling you a dipshit because of you being a dipshit in one thread isn't trolling. That's called acknowledging the obvious.

You have proved that time and time again with blatant unfounded accusations of "elitism" and even "xenophobia" (that one's a real laugh.)

Unfounded accusations? THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE SITE HAVE ADMITTED IT. This is where I end up calling you a fucking idiot. If you want to discuss it, that's awesome, but to do that properly you have to acknowledge when something isn't just obvious, but accepted as truth by the accused. Considering the general problem is "not wanting people different from us here" I think xenophobia is a more than fitting.

No matter how many times you repeat yourself, you still haven't proven yourself to be correct.

Then show me, give me examples, facts, show me the closed off forum that's thriving. Show me where discussion is at it's best when limited to a specific view point. Show me the definition of discussion that implies it isn't at it's best when broadly represented. Give me anything other than you saying I'm wrong, and maybe I'll believe it. So far you've given me nothing more than idiocy. Which brings us back to me calling you a fucking idiot.

You just keep saying the same thing over and over again.

That's because facts don't change, and you can't seem to concede points that the people you're defending have abandoned. If I get into an argument about the color of the sky, I'm gonna keep saying blue over and over again.

Repeating yourself does not prove a point-it just proves that you are only trying to convince yourself, and that in reality, you know deep inside that you are incorrect.

No Gary, this isn't some "deep down you know it" personal issue of mine. This is you being too much of a fucking tool to actually discuss and debate something. You won't get into why a discussion forum needs to be diverse or what makes discussion thrive, you just want to get into me being a troll. Why? Because you're stupid as dirt. All over this forum is me gently discussing everything from baseball to MMA to TNA and more, and nowhere did I have to call anyone an idiot. Why? Because they weren't being an idiot.

But go ahead Gary, tell me how I'm wrong again without giving me any examples or actually addressing the points I've made. There's plenty of people who have trouble with english just like you, and who knows, they might look at this and see you coming out on top.

The point wasn't the music, it's a metaphor genius. The point is, people wouldn't put up with your shit in real-life, so why should they just because "it's only the internet, it's only a discussion forum".

Because the success of a discussion forum is entirely contingent on it's diversity. The success of a music club is based on how they price their drinks.

If you ran around calling everyone fucking idiots and retards in real-life, you get shunned.

By retards and idiots. Where's the loss?

Why should it be any different behind a computer screen?

Because the thing on my computer screen is a discussion forum, not a fucking club.

You don't get accepted to a college because you're an idiot, is the college elitist?

Are you paying tuition for this place King? Can you really explain how a discussion forum can be equated to a higher learning facility without sounding retarded?

If you get fired from a job for being disruptive, is that company elitist?

This would work if the disruption was doing your job better than everyone else. Of course that's a whole new line of retardation.

You get thrown out of a bar because you're ruining the atmosphere by being a confrontational jackass only interested in causing trouble, are they elitist?

Discussion forum is a bar in what way!? You can compare it to random shit all you want, if there's no logical connection you have no point. A bar removes people causing shit because people causing shit make people leave a bar, and people leaving a bar can't buy drinks. This place doesn't sell anything. It's a forum for discussion. If people don't like what I say they have the freedom to tell me why or ignore me. There's no ignoring a drunk asshole in a bar.

Your analogies suck on like 4 different levels.

Show me my constant arguing and maybe I'll agree.

How about right now, and since your return for starters. You've done a lot of that.

Yeah in a thread where people are saying stupid shit.

I meant, you know, like somewhere else Gary. This whole image of me being nothing but a guy who starts shit only works if I'm doing it everywhere, not just to you. Otherwise I'm just a man dealing with a retard.

Show me my constant arguing and maybe I'll agree.

Give me anything other than you saying I'm wrong, and maybe I'll believe it.

Battlenuts bringing the LOLs.

FWIW...

All over this forum is me gently discussing everything from baseball to MMA to TNA and more, and nowhere did I have to call anyone an idiot.

You insinuated Scroby's parents did drugs in the WWE folder because he disagreed with you. So, no.

Let me make this simple. Is a bar elitist if it employs a bouncer on the door to weed out idiots, in order to ensure the normal majority have a good time?

Now replace the word 'bar' with 'forum' and 'bouncer' with 'mod'.

I'm not even arguing that it's elitist or not. All I know is, if that's a elitist, I'm fine with it if it because it's only idiots who are going to suffer from it and who cares about them, they're idiots.

Yeah after he decided to tell me I'm stupid for thinking it's a bad idea to tease someone as a "former world champion" when they are retired. Damn I figured you'd jump on the Karc thing before that. Now I'm just giving you guys too much credit.

And again you miss the point! You're consistant, I'll give you that.

All over this forum is me gently discussing everything from baseball to MMA to TNA and more, and nowhere did I have to call anyone an idiot.

I pointed out that this was wrong. Instead of accepting it and admitting it, you tried to justify why you were right in the first place, which wasn't under issue. Do you have some kind of persecution complex, mate?

You can't compare a bar to a discussion forum. Bars sell things, they need to make money from over-priced drinks to stay afloat. The only thing that keeps a discussion forum afloat is discussion.

Elitist is fine, just don't confuse that with actually being elite.

And what point did I miss with the Scroby thing? He questioned my intelligence in his first post and continued to do so, I didn't say anything about his parents doing drugs until he got past the point of being able to intelligently discuss something. It was a shit example. You might as well use this thread to make the same point.

You can't compare a bar to a discussion forum. Bars sell things, they need to make money from over-priced drinks to stay afloat. The only thing that keeps a discussion forum afloat is discussion.

And when idiots are idiots on a message board, discussion suffers, because instead of discussion people resort to pointing out that the idiot is an idiot. If there's an idiot in the bar, people don't buy drinks and they don't enjoy themselves, they go to another bar, a better bar with a better atmosphere. See where I'm going with this?

And what point did I miss with the Scroby thing? He questioned my intelligence in his first post and continued to do so, I didn't say anything about his parents doing drugs until he got past the point of being able to intelligently discuss something. It was a shit example.

The point wasn't about Scroby. The point is, you said you never had to resort to insults outside of NHB. I pointed out that you had. End of thread? If only. As far as I'm concerned, he hadn't gone past any point, you just resorted to an insult because you disagreed with his opinion and weren't able to convince him that you were right and he was wrong. What happened to "diversity being entirely contingent to discussion"? Surely if diversity were to reign, you'd have to respect any arguement diverse to yours, no? End of thread? I wish.

And when idiots are idiots on a message board, discussion suffers, because instead of discussion people resort to pointing out that the idiot is an idiot.

That's only a problem if the board is full of self-important assholes who rather than ignore the idiot, have to use him as a means to make them feel better about themselves. Idiots are as big of a problem as they're made out to be, you guys made it pretty obvious with Leena and Marvin that you have no idea how to handle people like that.

If there's an idiot in the bar, people don't buy drinks and they don't enjoy themselves, they go to another bar, a better bar with a better atmosphere. See where I'm going with this?

Yeah only for that to make any sense you have to forget the entire purpose of a discussion forum.

The point wasn't about Scroby. The point is, you said you never had to resort to insults outside of NHB. I pointed out that you had. End of thread?

You're right, I did call people names elsewhere. So now that you've disproved one sentence that wasn't even relevant to the initial point, tell me how Scroby didn't go past the point of intelligently discussing something? Show me the point where I, entirely unprovoked, started attacking him personally rather than explaining my point.

If only. As far as I'm concerned, he hadn't gone past any point, you just resorted to an insult because you disagreed with his opinion and weren't able to convince him that you were right and he was wrong.

He couldn't explain anything and fell back on "you don't know anything about wrestling" and sarcastically calling me a genius, in his first fucking post. Are you seriously gonna try and use this as the example?

What happened to "diversity being entirely contingent to discussion"? Surely if diversity were to reign, you'd have to respect any arguement diverse to yours, no? End of thread? I wish.

I did respect the argument, and didn't discuss anything but, until he got to the point of not acknowledging my points and calling me stupid. Then I just showed him how it's done.

Seriously King, don't use the Scroby thing. He came at me first, and I made an attempt to steer it away from personal insults. It really is just a shit example for your point.

You're right, I did call people names elsewhere.

THANK YOU.

So now that you've disproved one sentence that wasn't even relevant to the initial point, tell me how Scroby didn't go past the point of intelligently discussing something? Show me the point where I, entirely unprovoked, started attacking him personally rather than explaining my point.

I never said you were in the wrong. If I thought you were in the wrong, I'd have given you a warning there and then. But when you said that you never needed to question someone's intelligence in other folders, you were lying and I pointed it out. The rest you created with your persecution complex. You were both as good or as bad as each other. Thing is, he's not the hypocrite saying people should ignore idiots and then getting into a back and forth with someone you percieve to be an idiot, which so far is about all you do.

I'm not getting into a never-ending arguement with you again, because we know you never make any progress. You said something, I pointed out that it was wrong and why it was wrong as you've been asking people to do. End of thread? Well, I'd consider it, if this weren't Xavier's thread you've derailed. See what I mean about that?

you know what the funny thing is? The other board doesn't talk about this board at all...everyone is pretty much past it...but you come here? And it seems every thread is about that board or how this board is dying.

Yeah that would be because those people come here to bring it up.

I never said you were in the wrong. If I thought you were in the wrong, I'd have given you a warning there and then. But when you said that you never needed to question someone's intelligence in other folders, you were lying and I pointed it out.

The point was I'm nothing but a troll, I pointed out I can discuss things more than politely when people don't go past the point of intelligent discussion and get into name calling themselves. I used one word incorrectly and you seem to think that negates the original point. It doesn't. It actually makes my point for me. I was perfectly nice to a man saying something stupid even when he started attacking me right off the bat.

The rest you created with your persecution complex.

I'd have to feel victimized to have a persecution complex. You can't be victimized by idiots with useless words, so it really doesn't fit. This is a discussion forum, people keep bringing up the discussion of how an elitist treehouse isn't elitist. Hard not to discuss something that idiotic without using the word idiot.

You were both as good or as bad as each other.

Right. Don't go destroying the only credibility you brought to the table.

Thing is, he's not the hypocrite saying people should ignore idiots and then getting into a back and forth with someone you percieve to be an idiot, which so far is about all you do

No I hold out hope from the beginning, you guys just can't end up at anywhere but idiot it seems. I've yet to make a worst poster tournament in hopes of you getting someone banned or gone crying to a mod to get rid of you guys because I don't like you. See I like to deal with idiots by putting an idiot sign on them. It's like a warning label. You guys went with over-reacting and lynch mob techniques, because you weren't able to form the thought needed for simple warning labels, especially with people like Leena who came with a point regardless of whatever their intent was.

That's why rather than addressing any point with real intelligence, you fall back on the part where I call you an idiot, and do silly things like celebrate me being wrong in my use of one word that wasn't merely irrelevant to the original point being discussed, but actually the counter example to what you were saying in the first place..

Actually, by constantly arguing with people and flaming, you keep proving my point. Constantly arguing with people and being contrarian is not diverse discussion-if anything, it's blatant trolling. You have proved that time and time again with blatant unfounded accusations of "elitism" and even "xenophobia" (that one's a real laugh.) No matter how many times you repeat yourself, you still haven't proven yourself to be correct. You just keep saying the same thing over and over again. Repeating yourself does not prove a point-it just proves that you are only trying to convince yourself, and that in reality, you know deep inside that you are incorrect.

I am wondering what part of that criteria would explain why you guys would want to keep Xavier Cromartie out.

I said before that elitism isn't always a bad thing, because there's situations where being selective is warranted, but the picking and choosing that I've seen, coupled with comments made by people who post over there, is leading me to believe no real criteria for exclusion has been except juvenile whims of a bunch of guys who are abusing the tiny amount of power they've somehow acquired.

I seems that my lawyer, Mr. Tremendous, is not coming. Does he know that Mike's ban on him was removed? If he's not coming, then I will be looking for a new lawyer.

While I don't like Leena (or your friendship with her), I have no real problem with you.Plus, you're much more tolerable than the guy I just yelled at.

That's good to hear. I would think that most members feel that way. (Perhaps some of them not only tolerate me but like me?) If we decide to accept the exclusionary criteria offered by Mr. Floyd (no unpopular posters) and Mr. Cucaracha (no disruptive posters), then, as SuperJerk just said, do I deserve to be excluded?

58. I like timely entries. Since today is the Kentucky Derby, I'll write a little bit about gambling.

I'm no expert on horse racing, but it does interest me. I've been to Canterbury Park many times. This year's derby is wide open. If I were betting, I'd do a trifecta box on (16) Pioneerof [sic] the Nile, (7) Papa Clem, and (10) Regal Ransom.

But, you see... I'm philosophically opposed to the idea of gambling my own money. And by gambling, I mean that there's a 50% or less chance of winning. Because at that point, it means that I'm not facing reality. It's not about ethics or anything. It's just more likely than not that I'll lose the money, and I'm not going to deny that reality.

But, sure, I'd like to become rich instantly. I play free lotteries online (AdJack and BoxLotto). Obviously I play free games that have prizes for winning, since I won the 2007 NFL Draft Forecast. I play card and casino games for fun, as well. I don't need money to encourage me to play to win, but I'll take it as a bonus for winning.

Handicapping football games is something that I'm still considering. In 2008, my record was 69-48 (59%), and that was after I faded pretty badly down the stretch. I think I'll see how I do in 2009, and if I'm still in the 55–65% range, then I'll consider either placing actual bets or, more preferably, selling my weekly picks.

Stocks? No. I will discuss gold and silver in a future post, however.

Damn, I actually had hopes for you King. What a shame.

If they're idiots with useless words, why have you spent a month talking about them....

Because for a month everyone who left this dead forum has made it a point at some time or another to come back and talk about how dead it is. I've stopped talking about it every time you dipshits stop bringing it up.

Yeah, got to spend some time with my niece, she does this weird thing where she breathes really hard and then waits for you to do it, and when you do she cracks up laughing. Strange, but cute. She reminds me of curly sue but younger. Made up for the Yankee's getting shelled.

How have you been this weekend?