TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Red Dwarf Returns!

"Back to Earth" is an upcoming episode of the science fiction sitcom Red Dwarf, and will be broadcast on the British television channel Dave in three parts between 10 April and 12 April 2009. It will then be released on DVD on 15 June 2009. It will also be the first new episodes of the series in almost ten years.

Colour me excited.

That snuck up on me. I know the show was still in limbo, but I never expected them to actually continue with it in any form. Colour me excited.

I'm still on Season 8 of Dwarf (don't know if it goes further...just what I've gotten on NetFlix Instant Queue) and it seems like seasons 7 and 8 were the "jump the shark" seasons. Everything up to that point flowed nicely and seemed to fit in with things prior but 7 and 8 just seem like a lot of ideas just being thrown at a wall and whatever sticks, they produced and filmed.

The whole re-creation of Red Dwarf is mind-numbing..

OH! Can anyone explain why for a few seasons there was a female Holly? I can only assume she carried over from the parrallel Dwarf that they came across..

Neat. I kind of fell out of the series so I've only seen the first couple of seasons/series, though I did watch a few later ones on Netflix and really liked the Ourobouros episode.

Well as a huge fan sorry to say this new show(s) just isn't doing it for me. Too much CGI and not enough jokes. Still any new RD is welcome, even lesser shows like this.