TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zhangmeijie

Unexpected bonus!

I've been meaning to put this up for a while now, since I joined actually, what unexpected things has pro-wrestling taught you that have nothing to actually do with wrestling itself?

The reason I thought of this thread is because I learned to count to ten in Spanish because of Super Crazy in ECW, so I was wondering what, if anything, the rest of us have learned over the years.

The obvious one for me is American cities and states.

I never would have known that Charlotte was in NC, or that Victoria was in Texas.

Oh yeah it thought me a lot about US locations as well.

I added the word "jezebel" to my vocabulary a few years ago. Thank you Jim Ross

Me too, mind I am still not quite sure the correct use of the word.

...anyways, what I learned is, Alter Bridge and Rev Theory are awful.

Edited for accuracy. Humorous sidenote: there's a band in my area called Red Theory, and when Rev Theory were touring up here with {insert popular radio rock band of '08} less than a year ago everybody was congratulating Red Theory on getting such a big gig.

I got into a lot of the bands I did thanks to ECW. That's how I found out about Anthrax, Motorhead, Bruce Dickinson (and, thus, Iron Maiden), and developed my uber-love of White Zombie (who provided about half of ECW's entrance music between '95 and '98, or so it seems). Following them, I got into even more bands thanks to an interview with Jerry Lynn in World Of Wrestling Magazine (which I had a subscription to before it was cancelled), who gave a rundown of his favorite bands (Slayer, Nile, Dying Fetus, GWAR, and others). What a lovely year '99 was for a 13-year-old Laz.