TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zhangmeijie

The 'Unwritten' rules of WWE

What do you think are the unwritten rules of WWE - past and present-? Here's what I've got:

- No amount of offence will stop Hulk Hogan when he is Hulking Up.

- Referee's are the weakest people in the world: once someone runs into one, their knocked out for 10 minutes.

-security guards are on a similar level of weakness as referees, which is why it always takes more than 4 security guards to suppress one wrestler.

-Wrestlers are not allowed to carry weapons that could actually kill the opponent i.e. knives, guns etc. regardless of how personal the feud is. Any weapons carried that could kill the opponent must not be used to the full effect of their power (i.e. how HHH's sledgehammer).

-During a Hardcore match any weapon is acceptable (be it a paddle, watermelon or a cake). During ANY other match however, weapons can only be selected from under the ring.

-He pays your wages, he looks after you when you get injured, but it's still alright to make fun of your boss and attack him.

-in normal situations weapoons knock yo uout but in hardcore matches it wont.

-if its a wrestlers finisher it will be devastating where as if a wrestler uses it as a normal move its averge affect.

-if a heel jobber gets offence in on a higher rated wrestler it will be kicks when there down and sulplexs and countless pins.

-If you piss off Triple H, make sure the week after you check under the ring for a sledgehammer.

-If drinking beer with Stone Cold after a match, 9/10 times you will get a stunner.

-If in a tag team match with DX, when Shawn Michaels hit you with Sweet Chin Music, you don’t go down, you turn around to be hit with the Pedigree.

-If in a ladder match, take forever to get up there and reach for the belt even though your only on the second step.

-If you are a giant, you will be World champion (Or at least a main event push) within a year of you debut (Undertaker, Kane, Big Show etc.)

-Undertaker will win at Wrestlemania. (Except this year I am really not sure!)

-At the old UK only PPVs (Insurextion, Rebellion etc) championships that matter will never change hands.

-If you are related to anyone in else who is also a wrestler, YOU WILL END UP FUEDING.

-Even the worst moves ever can get over as finishers (Hogan Legdrop, Peoples Elbow and The Worm.)

-never... EVER... attempt to subdue an angry Samoan by headbutting them or attempting anything with their heads in general. They have the hardest heads on the planet and feel nothing.

If you ever have a casket, somebody will always be in it.

What's the lesson? Never bring a casket out unless you're prepared.

Shawn Michaels is the only man to ever outsmart a casket in wrestling.

- Referee's are the weakest people in the world: once someone runs into one, their knocked out for 10 minutes.

UNLESS a referee is actively wrestling in the match. Then his strength is x10. Unfortunately, a referee refereeing a referee match is still prone to 10 minutes of knocking outage.

Edit: Yes, 'referee refereeing a referee' makes sense, dammit!

UNLESS a referee is actively wrestling in the match. Then his strength is x10. Unfortunately, a referee refereeing a referee match is still prone to 10 minutes of knocking outage.

Edit: Yes, 'referee refereeing a referee' makes sense, dammit!

LMAO that one is gold, why didn't I think of that?

-If you are related to anyone in else who is also a wrestler, YOU WILL END UP FUEDING

Further adding to this point:

If you're of either a minority race or from the same country, you'll end up feuding or teaming up before too long.

Oh...

I thought this was going to be things like don't upgrade from coach to first class if your position doesn't warrant it, don't date above or below your position on the card, and things like that...

Oh...

I thought this was going to be things like don't upgrade from coach to first class if your position doesn't warrant it, don't date above or below your position on the card, and things like that...

Are those real 'rules'? Because I've never heard of them.

The thread is about 'unwritten' rules. It's pretty much a given ever since the referee from WCW joined WWE and upgraded himself to first class.

It didn't go down well with the main eventers.

And I believe CM Punk was buried backstage because he was showing affection with Maria in public, Punk at the time was just a jobber type in the E and Maria was 'big time' on Raw.

There is only one rule: Vince is GOD.

Actually, that may actually be written in the WWE contracts, so that may not count.

Pray they never do a show from your hometown, otherwise, you stand about a 80% chance of being humiliated in some form or fashion.

1.After a wrestler or group of wrestler win a match they will have a stare down with the losing side for an obscene amount of time while the losing side just makes angry faces yet NEVER gets out of the ring to do anything.

Let me just comment on that really quick. I always hated when WWE did this (and they have been doing it for YEARS at this point) but what really pissed me off was doing a 6 woman tag match and Layla (on the losing side) walked right near one of the victors(while they were on the outside) and just rolled into the ring to lean on the ropes and make angry faces. Its not believable to me. There is no way (kayfabe) I would get pinned and then walk about 6 feet from someone on the opposing team without trying to take a swing, but instead get in the ring to show everyone how pissed off I am for losing. It just doesn't look tough and it doesn't look like the loser is that hungry for a win or for a fight.

2. An authority figure will try to put the screws to the top talent on their show and also try to pass of incompetence as stoic vision.

3. The women will be at each others throats one week but the next week the top heel and top face (who are feuding) will stand right next to each other with no altercation for the sake of 'their' brand.

If you're black, you'll be competing in the Money in the Bank match.

Unless you are a black tag team...

When ever you take time to set up a chair, table ring steps or other illegal implement, be assured that you are going to be the one taking the bump through said item(s).

When preparing to take a finisher, you will be rendered immobile for the entire time it takes your opponent to do his warm up for the move. see: Tuning up the band, 5 knuckle shuffle, people's elbow etc.

When a wrestler becomes a referee, his resilliance will automatically diminish to that of a regular referee.

Finishers end non-main event level matches 99% of the time. Unless saved by their partner in a tag match or otherwise interfered with, the person hit by the finisher will NEVER kick out on his own.

Finishers end non-main event level matches 99% of the time. Unless saved by their partner in a tag match or otherwise interfered with, the person hit by the finisher will NEVER kick out on his own.

Unless its a match with a midcard title on the line. Then there will be the magic foot/hand on the rope.

Oh...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Only main eventers are allowed to use the physical trainers and chiropracters. Any mid carder or jobber will immediately be deemed a pussy by the other wrestlers.

If you're at Raw and you have no match or even interview planned.. You still must walk around in just your wrestling tights. Ted DiBiase is the great example of this.

I always get a kick out of the wrestlers who appear to own nothing but tights and maybe a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off.

Did it actually survive last night?

Yes it did, though not for a lack of trying. Triple H did his typical "try a pedigree on the American announcers' desk, only to get backdropped onto the Spanish desk" spot, and that baby didn't budge.