TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

MLB April 5-11

The baseball season started with the Braves beating the Phillies 4-1. I look forward to the triple header on Espn. It's going to be really weird to not have Bob Barron, Marvin and Alkeiper no longer around. Is Naiwf still a member?

OMG nobody cares about the start of the baseball season. I hope this increased traffic takes off because this site is dying. I have been coming to this site off and on since 2002 after finding it via Scott Keith. It's painful to see that it is becoming a ghost town.

Did anyone else catch MLB Tonight on the MLB network last night? It's miles ahead of Baseball Tonight, and that whole network is better then what ESPN has for baseball coverage.

And I know it was only one game, but I'm sure the Yankees are happy with all of the money they spent, with what they got out of CC and Tex yesterday . . . :P

That was a sad start. That fat fuck better 'find his fastball' by his next start, if I were him I'd check those over-sized sleeves. Tex had a great shot a redemption for his poor game and did dick all with it.

Swisher looked good and Jeter/Damon switching looks like a good move so far, but that was a really underwhelming outing by both our new "stars".

Wang didn't look much better tonight.

Great to see them starting out like last season, as the SP's can't even get through the 5th inning. Maybe if they didn't start out so damned slow, they wouldn't have to climb up 10 games June-September to get in contention.

The Orioles are the kings of April though, so...

Don't the Yankees always get off to slow starts?

Yea, that's the problem. They haven't had a fast start since 2003 (then again that year they started like 18-3 WITHOUT Jeter, so it's kind of an anomoly) Even in 98 they started kind of slow and people were panicking. I'm not worried too much, outside of the health of CC and Wang. They scored 10 runs in two games, with good pitching those could have been wins. They were too hot coming off spring training,a letdown is not too surprising. Plus the Orioles always seem to play up against the Yanks, especially in Baltimore.

At least Tex finally got a hit in the 9th. He's just going through his normal April routine I guess. Shades of Tino in early 96, trying too hard.

Yea, that's the problem. They haven't had a fast start since 2003 (then again that year they started like 18-3 WITHOUT Jeter, so it's kind of an anomoly) Even in 98 they started kind of slow and people were panicking.

Yankees started of 98 0-3 after being swept by Seattle in the Kingdome. Torre was rumored to be on the chopping block. The Yankees didn't look back after that series though. So it really wasn't a slow start just a bad first 3 games.

Yea, that's the problem. They haven't had a fast start since 2003 (then again that year they started like 18-3 WITHOUT Jeter, so it's kind of an anomoly) Even in 98 they started kind of slow and people were panicking.

Yankees started of 98 0-3 after being swept by Seattle in the Kingdome. Torre was rumored to be on the chopping block. The Yankees didn't look back after that series though. So it really wasn't a slow start just a bad first 3 games.

right, it wasn't much, but similar to them starting 0-2 this year, that's why I brought it up.

Anyhow good bounce back game yesterday, Burnett was good enough to win. If we had that in the first two games, we'd be 3-0. You don't have to always be dominant, just keep the team in the game and achance to get a crack at the opposing bullpen. Good to see Swisher have a big game, I have a feeling he may be a key part to the team this year, if he plays enough.

Great pitching by Pettite today. That umpire sure loves to call strikes it seemed. CC needs to bounce back tommorrow, if only for his own state of mind,

Swishermania is running wild! And a very good comeback by CC, pitched his BUTT off today. Texieria didn't play due to apparant tendinitis in his left wrist, but apparantly thinks he can play tommorrow. Joba gets pushed ahead and takes the hill tommorrow Afternoon. Should be interesting game as the Royals counter with Gil Meche who always seems to own the Yanks.

:huh: Is this the Yankees thread or something?

I'm just here to give a thumbs up sign of approval for the good start the Mariners have got off to this year. Hope it keeps up since I'll be attending the home opener where :( Carlos Silva will be the starting pitcher.