TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theone

JBL Says Goodbye

http://fans.wwe.com/jbl/blog/?pref_tab=blog

It doesn't get any bigger than Wrestlemania 25. WM 25 was in my home state of Texas with my childhood idols being inducted into the hall of fame.

I had wanted to make it to WM 25 for years, and when injuries cut my career short the one regret I had was that I wouldn't make the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania-well, I made it. I never dreamed after I retired the first time that my back would get better and I would be allowed to return to wrestling.

Standing there last night in front of over 70,000 people in my home state ended a journey that was unreal to me. For a kid from Sweetwater, Texas to be able to travel all over the world and realize his dream is pretty cool.

I don't know what the future holds, never say never in life. But I have wrestled my last match. Months ago, I picked out this match. If Eddie Guerrero couldn't be here for it then my dear friend Rey was the obvious choice, and I'm proud he was.

I want to thank the WWE for a great career, for taking a chance on me and allowing me the keys to the car for a while. I will always represent the WWE wherever I go, I am proud of my 13 ½ years with the WWE. And, I am proud of the WWE for cleaning up a great sport to make it more healthy to everyone that is a part.

However, I have no current plans on doing anything in the future on a professional level with WWE. I don't plan on doing commentary, in fact; it hasn't even been brought up to me. I don't plan on being an on air character. I plan on starting the next chapter in my life, and closing the door on this one.

Nah, he's for real done. His back problems have returned. And, he didn't bust kayfabe like that the last time he "retired".

So the fuck what? It's fake.

The guy did the job, is probably going to get a decent payday, and was able to enjoy the rest of the show.

I'm going to miss him, too. I'll admit, I always hated watching the guy- even when he was in the APA- but about 2-3 months into his WWE title reign in 2004, he won me over. I've been a fan ever since.

He'd be an amazing GM for Smackdown.

It sounds like he's totally disassociating from wrestling, aside from funding OVW.

Yeah, I think he's going to work with (for?) his wife.

Best of luck to a guy a lot of the Internet over the years has looked down on, but if anything he did what he needed to do when he wrestled.

I couldnt stand him in APA, but when he became a "Wrestling GOD!", I became a huge fan. I'll miss seeing him.