TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

ECW Discussion- 4/7/09

From WWE.com:

New Unified WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo team up with Evan Bourne to take on The Miz & John Morrison with Tyson Kidd. Don't miss the six-man tag action on ECW on Sci Fi at 9/8 CT.

Sounds like a really good 6 man match. Miz and Morrison need a win here. If they lose, I'd expect a split in the upcoming draft.

Edit: My bad. I've been lurking here for years, never felt the need to post until today I guess.

I like Finlay fine, but he simply does not need to be in another title match. Evan Bourne or Christian need to be hoisted into the ECW Title picture, quickly.

On the other hand, I can see Bourne and/or Christian getting drafted away from ECW in the draft, so I suppose that makes sense.

*spoilers*

We use spoiler tags here friend.

ECW On Sci-Fi: (Airing Tomorrow Night)

* Theodore Long just announced that he's the new General Manager of SmackDown and Tiffany will be replacing him on ECW.

* Mark Henry, Finlay, Christian, & Tommy Dreamer are all trying to get the number one contender slot for Backlash. They will fight in a Fatal Four Way Match tonight.

* Carlito, Primo, & Evan Bourne b. Tyson Kidd, The Miz, & John Morrison w/Natalya Neidhart

- Overall good match. Primo hits the Backstabber on Tyson Kidd and tags Evan Bourne who hits the Shooting Star Press for the win.

* Finlay b. Mark Henry, Christian, & Tommy Dreamer in a Fatal Four Way Match

- Mark Henry is eliminated with a shillelagh to the the head.

You think so BJ?

I think the SD crew will mesh better than the ECW guys.

For those interested, SmackDown! will now be called by

JR and Todd Grisham

and ECW will be called by

Josh Matthews and Matt Striker

Not 100% sure if spoiler tags are needed, but if you what the hell.

Grisham and JR are two PBP guys, though I guess Ross could do color since he's been around for so long. I think in time Josh and Striker could develop a really good chemistry.

Tiffany is craptacular on the mic. If Tommy Dreamer didn't have his "win the title by June 4th" angle that nobody really cares about he would have been a much better choice for GM.

Grisham and JR are two PBP guys, though I guess Ross could do color since he's been around for so long. I think in time Josh and Striker could develop a really good chemistry.

Tiffany is craptacular on the mic. If Tommy Dreamer didn't have his "win the title by June 4th" angle that nobody really cares about he would have been a much better choice for GM.

No way does Ross do colour. I've noticed half the time on ECW Striker takes the lead with the commentary. Grisham would do colour, i'm pretty sure of it.

If anything, I think Striker could take more of an opportunity to talk with Matthews next to him. And that's never a bad thing.

Something is off with Primo, but I can't put my finger on it. It's like he's too camera aware and uncomfortable. I also hate the baggy pants look on both of them. Lito should go back to the shorts, and Primo can wear the pant tights.