TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

TNA Lockdown 2009

looked like Angelina was legitimately injured there.

Yeah I think she knocked herself silly when she took that bump from Taylor jumping off the top rope, she seemed to land real hard a bit, not sure if it's injury as much as just knocking the wind out of her a bit, but she was definately not wanting to get up there, and wasn't even kicking out of those nearfalls near the end there, making the three count look really hokey. Then you could tell something was up when Taylor had to basically sit her up herself in the form of a headlock. Lots of talking between her and the official as well. Not sure if that was the intended finish, other than the fact that Love was definately supposed to go over and just couldn't pull off whatever the finish was. Total impovising on the spot there, akin to when Owen Hart injured Austin years ago at Summerslam. I hope it's not a serious injury, though.

That actually was a decent little match though for the knockout title, Kong pulling off a senton cannonball was pretty crazy.

Just for reference, saw this posted over at the Observer play by play page

"I guess Richards is one of the former world champions making his debut, although they didn't identify him as that."

So that answers half of the question of who's showing up tonight, Richards is one of the two former world champs. When did he ever even have a title other than perhaps the ECW tag title, if even that?

Few good spots outside of the ring on the Duds to build heat on Beer Money.

Surprisingly, this match actually comes back to being inside the ring. I thought the whole idea of this match was that it wasn't even going to happen at all inside the cage. Not that I'm complaining, it's for the best anyway as these guys could only brawl so much in and around ringside.

Tag title street fight was as what you would expect, solid enough bout as they kept the intensity and the flow of the match going pretty good from start to finish. The brawling stuff was weaker than I had expected other than the DVon table spot, but still not a bad match by any means, but only about *** 1/4 or so, if that. Crowd responded well to 3D, to no surprise.

Is Nash's gimmick just not doing anything but slowly and calmly walk in and out of situations with the Survivor chick? Well, looks like he will be working the match, though.

Daniels and Angle start out Lethal Lockdown, that's a nice booking move as a follow up to the great match they had on Impact last week.

I say Joe comes out last and turns heel tonight.

That may be happening, or Joe may just turn on everyone moreless, Joe was delayed in coming out to the ring, and was shown talking to someone behind a curtain. Strong hints that he may be talking to Taz, as Joe was actually wearing a black towel over his head. We'll see what happens here.

This Nash/Joe stuff they just did was long overdue and good to see them follow up on their program a bit now that Nash is apparently not injured anymore. It would make sense that Joe immediately would go for Nash.

By the way, a Joe/Taz pairing would be definately interesting, whether Taz would work a match or not is irrelevent there.

Deja vu as Styles and Angle were the two guys who worked on the top of the cage in Lethal Lockdown two years ago, except Angle was the face and AJ was the heel.

Holy fuckin shit..........what just happened there? Did Styles just knock himself out cold, I swear it looked like he hit that fence wrong. Amazing spot though.

By the way, a Joe/Taz pairing would be definately interesting, whether Taz would work a match or not is irrelevent there.

Yeah, I was reading Taz's first response since departing WWE (I think it was on his facebook page or something) and he implicitly stated that he wouldn't be working anymore messages. At the end of the message I felt there was a certain allusion to him coming to TNA when he said something about making a big "impact".

edit - OMG Bobby Lashley. Nice curveball TNA.

WTF, Bobby Lashley? Well, I certainly didn't see that coming, although it was always possible and they were playing it off like he's with the Main Event Mafia. Surprised it took him this long to get to TNA, to be honest. Angle/Lashley has potential down the road obviously.

Still begs the question of if that was who was talking to Joe or if Joe really was talking to Taz (and if the black towel over Joe's head meant anything or was just a swerve from the bookers) meaning that if he will show up later or not (not meaning later tonight as much as it would be down the road).

TNA exceeded my expectations in this PPV.

I will say this much, the Lethal Lockdown match was strong and that Machines Gun match was real good too, the rest of the undercard has been here and there. Still can't get over that crazy dive Styles took through the top of the cage as well as being legitimately caught off guard with Lashley showing up.

I think a Foley heel turn then have him drop the belt to Kurt would be logical. Foley and Jarrett in a program where Foley is MEM and Jarrett is with the Frontline/TNA. Could be like two members of "TNA Management" facing off to give one side or the other the upper-hand.

First of all omg Bobby Lashley I'm excited but who knows it could work wonder how this will effect his mma career.

Next decent match for the main event, Foley still has it for an old guy, both him and Sting worked hard for their age/injury limitations, suprised Foley won it but I guess he is in slightly better shape still he should drop it soon

Wow, I'm shocked they gave the belt to Foley, it's a good surprise though, to see where they go from here is anyone's guess. I wouldn't mind them doing a Foley/Sting falls count anywhere match at the next ppv in honor of their one years back, which I think was in Florida as well back then (wasn't it a Beach Blast or something?). Then from there, I would guess Foley works the KOTM match in June as well, etc.

The match itself had some slow and plotting spots to start but once they built the psychology of each guy essentially taking each other's legs out as much as they could to win the match, it started picking up. The finish did kind of come out of nowhere but it looked kind of brutal since I believe they actually were working with legit barbed wire in there and it seemed to connect a few times without blades to do the job.

Overall, the match brought back the history of the two and since Foley won, I have to assume we might get a rematch out of this, which I'm all for. And after rewatching the match again just right now, wow did Foley take actually a really nasty bump off the cage to win the match, I knew he dived on it a bit but not that bad. Still pulling that crazy shit after all these years.

Definately was worth the $30 for this show, one of the better TNA shows they have done in recent memory. Unlike Mania, the last two matches completely made the show instead of dulled it down since they were both damn good in my opinion, and the two Mania title matches didn't deliver anything even close to what was here tonight.

Wow, I'm shocked they gave the belt to Foley, it's a good surprise though, to see where they go from here is anyone's guess. I wouldn't mind them doing a Foley/Sting falls count anywhere match at the next ppv in honor of their one years back, which I think was in Florida as well back then (wasn't it a Beach Blast or something?). Then from there, I would guess Foley works the KOTM match in June as well, etc.

The match itself had some slow and plotting spots to start but once they built the psychology of each guy essentially taking each other's legs out as much as they could to win the match, it started picking up. The finish did kind of come out of nowhere but it looked kind of brutal since I believe they actually were working with legit barbed wire in there and it seemed to connect a few times without blades to do the job.

Overall, the match brought back the history of the two and since Foley won, I have to assume we might get a rematch out of this, which I'm all for. And after rewatching the match again just right now, wow did Foley take actually a really nasty bump off the cage to win the match, I knew he dived on it a bit but not that bad. Still pulling that crazy shit after all these years.

Definately was worth the $30 for this show, one of the better TNA shows they have done in recent memory. Unlike Mania, the last two matches completely made the show instead of dulled it down since they were both damn good in my opinion, and the two Mania title matches didn't deliver anything even close to what was here tonight.

Agree. Match, much like the entire show, was better than expected.

I think that Foley/Sting match from Beach Blast 1992 was actually on the Gulf Coast in Mississippi. In Foley's book he joked the actual venue was nowhere near the beach. Anyway it was curious that they put the belt on him tonight, ending what may well have been Sting's best run ever with a world title (it's either that or the aforementioned 1992 run).

This was a decent show tonight but after some stellar build over the past few weeks on TV I expected something a bit more. The crowd was strangely dead for the most part, especially for a Philly crowd. They came to life for certain spots and matches, but it's like the wrestlers had to try anything to get them to pop.

Anyway, after this PPV I'd expect Foley to keep the title until the KOTM match. Can't imagine him winning that one.

WCW Beach Blast 1992 was held in Mobile, AL on June 20, 1992.

Sting vs. Cactus Jack was billed as a "Falls Count Anywhere on the Gulf Coast" match. Sting was the WCW World Champion at the time, but it was a non-title match.

Sounds like typical WCW stuff there. Putting your World Champion in a non-title match as the Main Event of the PPV.

Anyways, looks like Mr. Twibute-Too-Duh-Twoops is now in TNA. I hope he's at least improved his game a little with the MMA training, because he sucked ass in WWE. If he's apparently aligned with the MEM, it would be different to see him as a heel.

I never was a big Lashley hater. I had been wondering when he would show up and this is a nice surprise, given I thought he was done with pro-wrestling seeing I was seeing MMA articles about him as headline news on Yahoo recently.

I just don't know about Foley. I used to be such a huge Foley mark and in the past few years, just got tired of him. Granted, I think he has been more entertaining in TNA than he was in the last stretch in E, but legend or not, given the talent roster in TNA, the guy holding there top belt is not only a guy that came over from the other guys not too long ago, but he was a color commentator for the other guys. Just doesn't seem right, but I guess I will wait and see where this goes.