TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

WWE Raw Discussion- 4/13/09

They really need to go through now with 3 feuds I've been wanting to see for a long time, in order from the one I want least (but still want) to the one I want most:

Rey Mysterio vs. Shelton Benjamin

Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker

Chris jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

It's ridiculous that Rey and Jericho have only had one 1 on 1 match in WWE, and that was for the shitty Spike TV Video Game Awards.

This crowd obviously shows that 3 hours is too long for Raw.

A 3 hour show that contained too many squash matches and 5 minute matches. Would it have been that hard to have given Mysterio/Bourne and Benjamin/Christian 20 minute matches?

They really need to go through now with 3 feuds I've been wanting to see for a long time, in order from the one I want least (but still want) to the one I want most:

Rey Mysterio vs. Shelton Benjamin

Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker

Chris jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

It's ridiculous that Rey and Jericho have only had one 1 on 1 match in WWE, and that was for the shitty Spike TV Video Game Awards.

Didnt Rey and Jericho have a match on Raw a few weeks ago?

I hate to say it but Smackdown might have gotten the better end of the draft.

Undertaker vs Jericho at Mania 26 would be nice.

I guess Im not going to get to see that HBK vs CM Punk match I always wanted to see.

Hopefully the Supplemental Draft Wednesday "shakes things up" a little more. Mid card wise at least.

Man WTF happened with John Morrison? Still stuck on ECW?

Yeah, for a show rumored to be depleted by the draft SD turned out pretty well all things considered. They don't have a world champ right now though, but something tells me that will change at Backlash. Either Edge will win the belt from Cena in the LMS or Punk will cash in the MITB against the battered winner. Perhaps he'll screw Edge over again?

Yeah, for a show rumored to be depleted by the draft SD turned out pretty well all things considered. They don't have a world champ right now though, but something tells me that will change at Backlash. Either Edge will win the belt from Cena in the LMS or Punk will cash in the MITB against the battered winner. Perhaps he'll screw Edge over again?

Why not make it a yearly tradition? :headbang:

Either way that makes the most sense. There's no way in hell, WWE would ever give Punk a victory over Triple H or Cena, even with the MitB stipulation.

Should keep it that way. They wrestled waaaaay too many times in WCW.

Talk about avoiding the obvious, why is it that the supposed random draft never drafts jobbers and low carderson the telveised version of the draft? It would be funny if say Funaki was drafted to RAW, and the announcers had to react. Anyone else notice when Punk was drafted he cameout with a generic black briefcase, but later when he came out for his match, he had the case from WM with the WM 25 logo on it?

Talk about avoiding the obvious, why is it that the supposed random draft never drafts jobbers and low carderson the telveised version of the draft? It would be funny if say Funaki was drafted to RAW, and the announcers had to react. Anyone else notice when Punk was drafted he cameout with a generic black briefcase, but later when he came out for his match, he had the case from WM with the WM 25 logo on it?

Yeah, I thought imagined that. Good to know that I'm not going crazy. All the same, I'm a little surprised that he doesn't have the same briefcase that he had last year with his name on it.

I wouldnt read to much into man. Its just WWE, PG rated entertainment. Its not that serious.

Dont stress over every minute detail of the whys and hows ...Just enjoy the show

In other words suspend disbelief while watching WWE and you will enjoy it alot more.

Rey

Jericho

Edge

'Taker

J. Hardy

Punk

Not bad. (Until Kennedy returns, anyway.) Now cancel ECW and give me Christian and a serious Finlay.

I'll definitely take it over Cena, Orton, Helmsley, Batista, Michaels, and Big Show. I actually like Cena and Show, but yikes.

Probably just a case of Punk not knowing he would be drafted until 90 seconds beforehand so he left his case in the locker room. Then they grabbed one of the agents' briefcases from the Gorilla position and had him walk out with it.

Probably just a case of Punk not knowing he would be drafted until 90 seconds beforehand so he left his case in the locker room. Then they grabbed one of the agents' briefcases from the Gorilla position and had him walk out with it.

That's a good answer. Hadn't thought of that. And I would like to suspend my disbelief, but what I meant was I'd be cool with a surprise now and then.

Undertaker is main eventing the debut of Superstars... just liked he did with the debut of Heat.

Taker also main evented the first Raw if I recall, against Damien Demento of all people.

Anyway, a day late and a dollar short on posting thoughts on the show as has been usual with me lately, but I thought overall, it was alright (some of the matches were interesting pairings, but nothing much to say in terms of action), but the beginning and ending of the show relating to the HHH/Batista/Shane/Legacy shit was pretty bad stuff if you ask me. I've never seen such a phoned in promo segment on Raw in recent memory compared to the one they did with Vicki to kick off the show, and that main event was just very hard to get into because of the previous build to it, plus the fact that DiBiase and Rhodes are already way cut off in the knees and the least they need to do is then put them in a handicap match against three babyfaces.

As far as thoughts on the draft, I'll be collecting thoughts on that in the draft post in a bit.