TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

NBA Offseason chatter

Sorry everyone, I've been busy with overtime at work for the last couple of weeks. But the Rockets win was not a normal win. Lakers did not blow a huge lead, since they only had it for 12 seconds in the second half of Game 1. Houston beat them up on the court. They are done.

After Houston beats LA.

Then after LA beats Houston...

Houston was looking ripe to pull off the series win and the Game 3 win, but Yao got hurt in the second half, it showed quickly and now he's out for the rest of the playoffs. He's their best scorer. It's like the Lakers losing Gasol. They would not have a chance.

Houston won the next game.

If Karc is saying the Magic are done, I can only assume they take the next two to win the series.

Houston won Game 4 because they would not quit (which was expected) and the Lakers could not even bother to show up in a playoff game (which I suspected). Honestly, I was ready to concede that the Lakers would win this in five after Yao went down (even though LA was 0-4 against Houston without Yao). It just reeked of typical LA arrogance, but they hadn't won anything. Contrast that to Boston (who actually did win something), who does not have KG, and with the exception of one blowout loss, have fought tooth and nail in every playoff game. The Magic could have put the hammer down on that series last night, but Boston would not give in. In the end, I still don't think that series matters, because Cleveland is on a mission.

Let's see how the Lakers do against a team that is fully healthy. They are barely getting by against teams that are hurt.

THEY BEAT THE ROCKETS BY 40.

That's not barely getting by. They beat the Jazz by an average of 10+. That's not barely getting by.

This is the kind of lunacy that makes it impossible to accept that you know anything about basketball. Houston won game 4 because they ran up and down the floor and Aaron Brooks was dropping anything he wanted to within 5 feet of the rim. It didn't have anything to do with "not quitting", it had everything to do with one guy having his way and LA just not being prepared.

They had no chance with Yao because even though he's a presence he's totally negated by Bynum and Gasol. Without him they still have no chance because all they can rely on is speed and toughness, two things LA has more of then they do.

The only line of thought that can be attributed to the dumb shit you say is a hatred for Kobe and the Lakers. Saying they aren't as good as people say they are is one thing, trying to back that up with nothing but bullshit and points that illustrate nothing but your inability to understand basketball is why no one buys it.

You have some personal thing against LA and/or Kobe and it has nothing to do with basketball, because you clearly don't understand basketball. If you did you would actually of been right at some point during the playoffs. Even when you pick the right team you do it for the wrong reasons. You. Are. A. Joke.

THEY BEAT THE ROCKETS BY 40.

Which they would have done on Sunday if they were so great, but they couldn't even get within single digits.

That's not barely getting by. They beat the Jazz by an average of 10+. That's not barely getting by.

They blew big fourth quarter leads. The end result does not really show how bad they were playing against a team without it's second-best scorer.

This is the kind of lunacy that makes it impossible to accept that you know anything about basketball. Houston won game 4 because they ran up and down the floor and Aaron Brooks was dropping anything he wanted to within 5 feet of the rim. It didn't have anything to do with "not quitting", it had everything to do with one guy having his way and LA just not being prepared.

They also made 10 three-pointers, with most attempts without a Laker within five feet of the shooter. There were highlights of this shown throughout the game, specifically Battier, who defended Kobe Byrant to 17 points and hit five threes.

They had no chance with Yao because even though he's a presence he's totally negated by Bynum and Gasol. Without him they still have no chance because all they can rely on is speed and toughness, two things LA has more of then they do.

Bynum has been completely ineffective in the playoffs. Yao had the edge vs. Gasol until he was hurt.

The only line of thought that can be attributed to the dumb shit you say is a hatred for Kobe and the Lakers. Saying they aren't as good as people say they are is one thing, trying to back that up with nothing but bullshit and points that illustrate nothing but your inability to understand basketball is why no one buys it.

I guess statistics and injury reports from the games is BS, then. I guess I should pay attention to the "intangibles" next time. Or the betting lines.

You have some personal thing against LA and/or Kobe and it has nothing to do with basketball, because you clearly don't understand basketball. If you did you would actually of been right at some point during the playoffs. Even when you pick the right team you do it for the wrong reasons. You. Are. A. Joke.

I had Cleveland sweeping Atlanta, so I was right about something.

Which they would have done on Sunday if they were so great, but they couldn't even get within single digits.

And if one game in the playoffs meant jack shit at all, the Jazz would still be playing. Even great teams show up unprepared and get exposed. They'll always end up coming right back though.

They blew big fourth quarter leads. The end result does not really show how bad they were playing against a team without it's second-best scorer.

They DIDN'T BLOW ANY LEADS. Blowing a lead means you lose. Every game they won was by at least 10. Somehow trying to relate a team not putting forth the same effort late in the game when they're up by fucking 20, and end up winning by 10, to them being a bad team is idiotic. Okur made no difference whatsoever, but adding the excuse at the end does actually give me hope not even you believe the dumb shit you keep saying.

They also made 10 three-pointers, with most attempts without a Laker within five feet of the shooter. There were highlights of this shown throughout the game, specifically Battier, who defended Kobe Byrant to 17 points and hit five threes.

You can keep telling me how they won a game YOU said they were gonna lose, but it really doesn't matter. The bottom line is they showed up unprepared for Houston being so quick and it showed. The only reason they got easy three's was because the only adjustment the Lakers made was trying to get in Brook's way while leaving the entire perimeter unguarded. Losing Yao didn't hurt, it help them for that game. It was in no way indicative of how this series will go. If you had a any game to make a point out of it's game 1, but you don't even have the common sense to mention the one time Houston looked to have at least a shot at taking the series.

Bynum has been completely ineffective in the playoffs. Yao had the edge vs. Gasol until he was hurt.

He was having a bad series, and he came out with something to prove last night and the result of just ONE guy playing harder than he has all series was a 40 point difference. The only edge Yao had over Gasol was in inches, and considering how much better LA is regardless, it was irrelevant.

I guess statistics and injury reports from the games is BS, then. I guess I should pay attention to the "intangibles" next time. Or the betting lines.

If you were somehow simultaneously sitting on BOTH benches during every game it still wouldn't overcome the fact that you simple don't understand basketball. All the stats and inside info in the world is useless unless you understand the game in the first place. You either don't or can't do to some hatred for Kobe and the Lakers.

I had Cleveland sweeping Atlanta, so I was right about something.

WOW. You picked Cleveland over Atlanta. You officially know as much about basketball as anyone above the age of 4 with working eyes and ears.

Just fucking own what you are. You come here to spout crap after every Laker loss, and vanish after every win until you get called out on it. Be the complete joke you are. You hate Kobe and/or the Lakers, you want to see them lose, and you think if you just somehow logically explain it, despite it being based on the exact opposite reasoning as logic, people will take you seriously. No one is. No one will ever take a guy making outrageous predictions seriously when he's nowhere to be found when they're confirmed to be as dumb as they sounded. No one's gonna buy a guy holding on to the same disproved points to make new predictions.

You don't know shit about basketball, and the more you post the more this thread becomes a shrine to that fact.

Just fucking own what you are. You come here to spout crap after every Laker loss, and vanish after every win until you get called out on it. Be the complete joke you are. You hate Kobe and/or the Lakers, you want to see them lose, and you think if you just somehow logically explain it, despite it being based on the exact opposite reasoning as logic, people will take you seriously. No one is. No one will ever take a guy making outrageous predictions seriously when he's nowhere to be found when they're confirmed to be as dumb as they sounded. No one's gonna buy a guy holding on to the same disproved points to make new predictions.

You don't know shit about basketball, and the more you post the more this thread becomes a shrine to that fact.

I guess I have nothing to lose then by continuing to talk about basketball, then. I've always wanted a shrine. Admit it, you worship me. I mean, you've called me stupid, a joke, dumb, and shit. I should not be offended, I should take it as praise.

And how can I hate LA, when they have this: http://hailmaryjane.com/a-vending-machine-...gives-you-what/

Wow, somebody sure got excited at hearing the word shrine mentioned near their name for the first time. Don't make it entirely seem like you're just looking for attention this late in the game.

I mean think of all the time you spent trying to pretend like you know basketball when you could of just brought a gun to school or something.... what a shame.

Seriously though, thanks for finally admitting it. At least I can picture some attention hungry, dumb kid now rather than the slightly despressing, misguided, rape victim I was stuck on.

Wow, somebody sure got excited at hearing the word shrine mentioned near their name for the first time. Don't make it entirely seem like you're just looking for attention this late in the game.

I mean think of all the time you spent trying to pretend like you know basketball when you could of just brought a gun to school or something.... what a shame.

Seriously though, thanks for finally admitting it. At least I can picture some attention hungry, dumb kid now rather than the slightly despressing, misguided, rape victim I was stuck on.

I'm not really looking for attention, I'm just surprised you're giving me so much. It's like we're friends.

And nice, calling me a dumb kid and a rape victim in the same post. That's a step up from your usual insults. More praise, more worship.

All-NBA First Team was just announced.

LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard, and Dwayne Wade.

2nd and 3rd teams, from ESPN:

Named to the second team were Chris Paul of New Orleans and Portland's Brandon Roy at guard, San Antonio's Tim Duncan and Boston's Paul Pierce at forward and Houston's Yao Ming at center.

On the third team were Denver's Chauncey Billups and San Antonio's Tony Parker at guard, Denver's Carmelo Anthony and the Lakers' Pau Gasol at forward, and Shaquille O'Neal of the Phoenix Suns at center.

I don't know anything about basketball, though, so I probably got most of those wrong.

Do you really think calling me insulting you "praise" is doing anything other than making my point?

Holy shit, you know who good players are. Excuse me while I somehow figure out what that has to do with you being wrong on 99% of your predictions so far.

Didn't take long. Turns out, nothing. People who know something about basketball don't make stupid predictions like an 8 seed sweeping a 1 seed.

Do you really think calling me insulting you "praise" is doing anything other than making my point?

At least you've admitted that you've been insulting me all along. I'm not sure if it proves your point, it does appear to be a shrine of 2. You, and the moderator who changed my username.

Holy shit, you know who good players are. Excuse me while I somehow figure out what that has to do with you being wrong on 99% of your predictions so far.

According to your stats, I've been wrong on 99 percent of my predictions. So I've only been right 1 out of 100 times. I can already say you are wrong for two reasons. One, I made far less than 100 predictions. Two, I've been right more than once (I was wrong about the West first round, but I've been dead on about the East.) I was just posting basketball news about players in the playoffs in a basketball playoff thread. I guess that's flame bait.

Didn't take long. Turns out, nothing. People who know something about basketball don't make stupid predictions like an 8 seed sweeping a 1 seed.

You're right, I should have said the Jazz in five and played it safe.

At least you've admitted that you've been insulting me all along. I'm not sure if it proves your point, it does appear to be a shrine of 2. You, and the moderator who changed my username.

Insulting if you believe the shit that comes out of your mouth. Fact to anyone with eyes and a basic understanding of basketball. I had nothing to do with changing your name, that was done by someone else on there own because they could tell you were nothing but a cartoon who knows fuck all about basketball too.

According to your stats, I've been wrong on 99 percent of my predictions. So I've only been right 1 out of 100 times. I can already say you are wrong for two reasons. One, I made far less than 100 predictions. Two, I've been right more than once (I was wrong about the West first round, but I've been dead on about the East.) I was just posting basketball news about players in the playoffs in a basketball playoff thread. I guess that's flame bait.

Drop this "according to you" bullshit, because ACCORDING TO YOU the Lakers shouldn't even be in the playoffs anymore. Posting some shit about 2nd and 3rd team selections to show you know something about basketball after making asinine predictions that have turned out to be constantly wrong, is called desperation.

You're right, I should have said the Jazz in five and played it safe.

So what, then you'd be a little less of an idiot? I don't think it works that way.

You were wrong. For obvious reasons. Even when those reasons were blatantly obvious, you decided to use those reasons again for the next series. Reasons that don't have any relevance to what's actually happened. Go check the dictionary and tell me if there's a name to call that other than idiotic, and I gladly will.

I had nothing to do with changing your name, that was done by someone else on there own because they could tell you were nothing but a cartoon who knows fuck all about basketball too.

Do you happen to know who did it, by any chance? I would like to know.

Posting some shit about 2nd and 3rd team selections to show you know something about basketball after making asinine predictions that have turned out to be constantly wrong, is called desperation.

I guess Conspiracy Victim saying that Danny Granger was Most Improved Player of the year was desperation, too. It was just a news item that came out today. I did not make any comments on the teams, I just posted the list because I thought people would have liked to know about it.

You were wrong. For obvious reasons. Even when those reasons were blatantly obvious, you decided to use those reasons again for the next series. Reasons that don't have any relevance to what's actually happened. Go check the dictionary and tell me if there's a name to call that other than idiotic, and I gladly will.

More praise, more worship, more. I request thee, loyal follower, to look in the sacred book of dictionary to find more words similar to the almighty "idiotic" for thee to praise my magnificent soul.

Do you happen to know who did it, by any chance? I would like to know.

Check the list of administrators, see which ones have a brain and then figure it out form there.

I guess Conspiracy Victim saying that Danny Granger was Most Improved Player of the year was desperation, too. It was just a news item that came out today. I did not make any comments on the teams, I just posted the list because I thought people would have liked to know about it.

His news wasn't in response to someone saying he knew nothing about basketball and it wasn't followed by a statement SHOWING it was brought up just to try and show he knew something about basketball. If that wasn't what it was about, why follow it with what you said?

More praise, more worship, more. I request thee, loyal follower, to look in the sacred book of dictionary to find more words similar to the almighty "idiotic" for thee to praise my magnificent soul.

Being an idiot who knows dick all about basketball is enough, don't add a false sense of grandeur to it.

Check the list of administrators, see which ones have a brain and then figure it out form there.

Are you implying that there are some admins here who do not have a brain?

His news wasn't in response to someone saying he knew nothing about basketball and it wasn't followed by a statement SHOWING it was brought up just to try and show he knew something about basketball. If that wasn't what it was about, why follow it with what you said?

I made a joke based on the way the thread was going. It was meant to be harmless.

Being an idiot who knows dick all about basketball is enough, don't add a false sense of grandeur to it.

I have nothing to lose by doing so at this point by accepting your humble tributes to my shrine of basketball greatness. First I did not know "shit" about basketball, then I did not know "fuck" about basketball, now I don't know "dick" about basketball. I'm anxious to see what you come up with next. More praise, more worship.

I'm disappointed, though, loyal hoops follower, that you could not a suitable substitute for "idiotic."

Let me spell this out clearly.

I'm not posting over and over again in this thread because I like talking to you. I'm doing it for any poor kid who stumbles upon this thread and wonders why someone would pick the Jazz over the Lakers in 4. The reason is because that person is a fucking moron, and I'll take up the task of making sure that reason is known.

That's why you've diverted the discussion from anything that actually relates to basketball, to points you quickly back off of to some dumbshit version of self congratulations over someone calling you a dumbshit, because you just don't understand it. You've got as much insight into what happens on that court as a dumb little white girl. Which of course brings us full circle to you surely being a rape victim.

But go ahead and take this even farther from basketball, I'll be here laughing at my new little bitch named Kobe's White Friend.

Let me spell this out clearly.

I'm not posting over and over again in this thread because I like talking to you. I'm doing it for any poor kid who stumbles upon this thread and wonders why someone would pick the Jazz over the Lakers in 4. The reason is because that person is a fucking moron, and I'll take up the task of making sure that reason is known.

That's why you've diverted the discussion from anything that actually relates to basketball, to points you quickly back off of to some dumbshit version of self congratulations over someone calling you a dumbshit, because you just don't understand it. You've got as much insight into what happens on that court as a dumb little white girl. Which of course brings us full circle to you surely being a rape victim.

But go ahead and take this even farther from basketball, I'll be here laughing at my new little bitch named Kobe's White Friend.

I distinctly remember a moderator telling you to "cool it with the personal insults." And in this one post, you've called me "a fucking moron," "a dumbshit," "a dumb little white girl," "a rape victim," and "a little bitch." Nice job there. Unless your friends with the moderator that changed my username, I cannot see how you get away with that.

Meanwhile, I guess posting news about the All-NBA team shows that I am backing off from a basketball thread. This coming from you, who also predicted that the Spurs, Hornets, and Trail Blazers would get out of the first round. Not exactly a genius in the game of hoops yourself.

You're generally not allowed to call posters names. You know, actual people. Cartoon characters are free game.

And wait I thought you just said you posted that as a joke because of the way the thread was going? Is the game plan really jump from whatever point you think you can currently make? If so, get a new game plan, you're 0-234233232.

Spurs, Hornets and Trail Blazers all had chances, the one thing the Jazz didn't. And I don't remember calling for them all to sweep either. I was wrong, I'll admit it. Unlike a BITCH I didn't disappear when I was wrong, I didn't make a point of showing back up whenever one of those teams won a game to throw out some bullshit reasons for why they did.

Of course, what relevance does that have to you being as wrong as wrong gets when it comes to the Lakers? NONE.

You don't know anything about basketball. You're posting just for attention. Those two reasons are clear evidence of you being a dumb, little, white, bitch of a girl. Scratch that, I don't wanna offend any women who actually do get basketball by comparing them to someone as useless as you.

So yes, to recap, you're unintelligent, you have no spine or any form of ballsack one could attribute to a male, and you know absolutely JACK SHIT about basketball. Dumb little white girl kind of does some it up nicely now that I think about it....

You're generally not allowed to call posters names. You know, actual people. Cartoon characters are free game.

And wait I thought you just said you posted that as a joke because of the way the thread was going? Is the game plan really jump from whatever point you think you can currently make? If so, get a new game plan, you're 0-234233232.

Spurs, Hornets and Trail Blazers all had chances, the one thing the Jazz didn't. And I don't remember calling for them all to sweep either. I was wrong, I'll admit it. Unlike a BITCH I didn't disappear when I was wrong, I didn't make a point of showing back up whenever one of those teams won a game to throw out some bullshit reasons for why they did.

Of course, what relevance does that have to you being as wrong as wrong gets when it comes to the Lakers? NONE.

You don't know anything about basketball. You're posting just for attention. Those two reasons are clear evidence of you being a dumb, little, white, bitch of a girl. Scratch that, I don't wanna offend any women who actually do get basketball by comparing them to someone as useless as you.

So yes, to recap, you're unintelligent, you have no spine or any form of ballsack one could attribute to a male, and you know absolutely JACK SHIT about basketball. Dumb little white girl kind of does some it up nicely now that I think about it....

More tributes to the shrine. I can add "cartoon character" to the list. I guess your logic of calling me a name to justify calling me more names is too much for me.

The post about me being wrong about the All-NBA team (since it was a news item) was the joke. I was going to post the list all along.

Please e-mail me the 234,233,232 reasons, I've lost track.

I've moved on from Lakers-Jazz. It only came back up because a mod asked me about it. I don't think it was unreasonable to pick Houston in 6 before Yao got hurt.

You've already called me "a bitch." Something new, please.

The reasons I've listed for why teams win a game are pretty much the reasons the coaches give at the press conferences after the game. I guess they do not know what they are talking about.

Wow, "a dumb, little, white, bitch of a girl." I challenge you, oh faithful disciple, to find a woman willing to talk you about the game of basketball.

Being "useless" has it uses. I can add that a proverb to my religion.

And now I know "JACK SHIT" about basketball. More praise, more worship.

Since I don't have a ballsack, can I borrow some of your "Battlenuts?"

Valiant effort by the Dirk and Kidd trying to keep Dallas in the game. Thumbs down to everyone else. Specifically Terry, Howard, and Wright for getting three technicals late when the game was within reach.. That basically gave Billups a free three-pointer.

Denver-Houston, I'm guessing there is going to be at least one punch thrown. Denver-LA, someone might trip on their shoelace.

Denver has looked tough thru the playoffs

Even though they got handled by the Lakers late in the season if the Western Confrence Finals is LA-Denver then expect it to go 7 games. The X factor in that series could will be the bench

I was all ready to preview Boston-Cleveland, too. But the C's turned the ball over 22 times, and Ray Allen had a horrid night (2-11, 0-7 from three). Game 7 should be fun, even if the winner gets fed to Cleveland.

And now the Lakers face elimination in the second round, after going 30-84 for 80 points (never leading in the game), and letting Luis Scola and Aaron Brooks light them up again. I'll give the slight edge to Houston, they have nothing to lose here, and all of the pressure is on LA.

And Kobe Bryant has five technical fouls in the postseason. Two more and he gets a one-game suspension.

I only really got to see the last few minutes of the Lakers game since I was working on some stuff, but man... Game 5 aside, this team has not looked like a championship team in this round. Then again, Boston didn't look like a championship team in the first couple rounds last year, and they kicked ass in the Finals, so who knows what will happen.

I'm still confident that LA will win game 7, but it's far from a given. I'd put the Lakers' chances no higher than 60%. I give Houston all the credit in the world, too. The Lakers are a better team than the Rockets on paper even with McGrady, Yao, and Mutombo in the lineup, but right now Houston is downright depleted. These guys have a ton of heart.

I didn't see the Magic/Celtics game, but watching some post-game interviews, I'm starting to agree with Shaq that Stan Van Gundy is not cut out to lead a team toward a championship. The fact that the Magic have played this well under him is a testament to the talent on that team.

ATTENTION: KARC AND BATTLENUTS

The flame war in this thread stops now. Battlenuts, I agree with you that Karc's statements about the Lakers have been completely stupid and off-base for the most part and that he has not provided sufficient backing for those claims. But there are rules that must be followed in regards to how one conducts themselves here, and you have definitely crossed the line.

You can criticize his statements to your heart's content, and you can even call him stupid. But clearly, you have crossed the line into flaming. I would have transferred the posts to No Holds Barred, but there's actual game discussion mixed in and it'd all just be one big mess.

So I suggest that if you guys wish to keep the personal argument going, one of you go start a thread in No Holds Barred and call each other whatever the hell you want. In fact, I encourage it! Just keep it out of here.

Hey Matt Young, SUCK IT~!

How bout Perk owning that bitch Dwight Howard?

Game has turned into a complete blowout. This has to be one of the worst home losses if not the worst for the Celtics in the playoffs. Losing a game 7 by 20 points? Jesus Christ!!!!!!

Lakers vs Nuggets

Magic vs Cavs

That was one weird and ugly game. LA doesn't score more than 100, they don't blow a fourth quarter lead, and yet they win the game. Of course Houston helped them out by going 28-76 (5-20 from 3), not converting on the 19 turnovers that LA committed, and getting pounded on the boards by more than 20. Must drive Laker fans crazy seeing that the Gasol and Bynum can domintate one night, and stink out the joint the next. As for Houston, well, they exceeded my expectations. I thought they could win this with Yao, but they got it to seven without him. Denver is fully healthy and on a roll, and barring a major injury (or a Nugget throwing a punch), I'm giving the series to them. Denver in 6.

As for Orlando, I'm surprised that the "master of panic" did not panic and blow yet another fourth quarter lead. Another blowout. Pounded the ball inside to get free throws, clutch shots from Hedo, and Boston's vaunted 32-0 record when leading a 3-2 series is now 32-1. As I said before, though, this series really did not matter in the end, since Cleveland had a week of rest and is playing excellent defense. Cleveland in 6.

Whoa, I wonder how this is going to get handled...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9586944...r-arena-confict

World Wrestling Entertainment says it is booked at the arena for an episode of Monday Night Raw, the same night the Nuggets are slated to host the Lakers in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals.

As of Monday afternoon, the schedule on the Pepsi Center's Web site listed WWE for 6:30 p.m. local time and Western Conference finals Game 4 at 7 p.m. Tickets for the wrestling event could still be purchased online.

Now obviously, WWE plans arena dates months in advance (as opposed to their booking), they had the Pepsi Center booked from August. It would be funny, though, if the schedule people at the center had no faith that Denver was actually going to make the conference finals.

I guess one easy way to resolve this is to bump up the start time of the game, since it would be on Memorial Day anyway, or move the game up to Tuesday. On the other hand, it's the Nuggets building, and I think they get priority over other events, so WWE may end up having to move or cancel the show.

Update: Vince McMahon goes on ESPNews and takes shots at the Nuggets. And he's interviewed by the Coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4176082