TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

NBA Offseason chatter

So, is it more likely that Blake Griffin is a bust due to getting drafted by the Clippers, or that he leaves LA after 4 years and then explodes into superstardom?

Neither, the Clipper curse will finally end.

So, is it more likely that Blake Griffin is a bust due to getting drafted by the Clippers, or that he leaves LA after 4 years and then explodes into superstardom?

My money's on the latter.

And finally, an interesting and compelling playoff game. I may have said Denver in 6, but I'll take either team in seven if the games are this good. Denver played great defense, forcing LA to take 90 shots and Kobe Byrant scoring 40 to eek out the win. And I underestimated Pau Gasol, because he saved the Lakers from getting killed on the boards by Denver's frontcourt (the dunks are another matter). Partial fail to Kobe Byrant, though, because after the league took away his fifth technical, he gets another one, and they are not taking this one back. And Carmelo Anthony scoring 39, I think he's starting to get it now. Denver's free throws killed them, though. You cannot miss 12 in a playoff game and expect to win.

That was a great game last night down to the wire action. The steal by Ariza was the play of the game, but you gotta love Kobe taking over with under a minute to go before the steal taking it to the hoop twice getting those foul calls.

Cavs v Magic starts in a few minutes Cleveland is so good at home its hard to pick against them in game 1 tonight. If Orlando gets hot with their threes then we could see an upset in the making

Update on the WWE situation, from WON:

The WWE held a press conference announcing both Raw and Smackdown on Monday and Tuesday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, meaning the Tuesday night date at the World Arena in Colorado Springs is off.

WWE also said they were not going to take legal action against the Pepsi Center or the Denver Nuggets. This would seem to indicate that their legal position was either not nearly as strong as they had indicated, or the moving of the Colorado Springs date at the last minute made them feel that could only reflect badly on them should they take it to court.

Magic steal the first game 107-106. King James ended up scoring 49 points. There was almost a super crazy finish. There was a jump ball with 1 second to go and Mo Williams caught the pull and put it up. The shot ended up going almost through the rim for the win but bounced out.

Ever since the Game 5 meltdown vs Celtics, where they blew the big lead, Dwight demanded more touches, and everybody brought back the "master of panic" label for Van Gundy, Orlando has been showing great resilience and mental toughness, and Dwight has been putting up monster numbers as well. Orlando runs into trouble when they focus too much on 3s alone but when they keep Dwight involved, THEN the threes become good because its a pick-your-poison situation.

I as well as most others thought they were mental weaklings who were done for after Game 5... their performance since then, including an AWAY Game 7 and now against the best home team in the NBA has been gutsy. It's reminding me of the way the Pistons rallied back in '04 after losing in triple overtime in G5 to the NJNets. I think we are sleeping on them.

If the Magic win this series, I'm dropping the "master of panic" line from my vocabulary. They beat the Cavs when LeBron scored 49 and got most of the calls. That's some tough mental resolve in playoff basketball.

Lakers were the best team on the road in the regular season I wouldn't count them out just yet. Denver has some tools for sure but I still see the Lakers taking one in Denver

I see at least one Denver blowout. LA front court has mostly been MIA. Gasol has been ok, but that's been it. Fisher is a liability at this point.

The panic in LA after a loss just makes me laugh.

So that's what happens when LeBron James takes the final shot in a must-win game. Interesting.

These games are driving me nuts. Stop blowing 20-point leads Cleveland, you're not the Lakers.

Unbelievable ending, and FANTASTIC conference finals so far. Cant wait for Game 3!!!!

Poor Orlando. 1 second away from essentially icing the Cavs.

I've been impressed by Orlando's mental toughness, coming back from that Game 5 loss against the Celtics, winning game 7 in boston, recouping huge deficits against the Cavs in both games. Even going back to when they beat Philly without Dwight.

We're really gonna see what they are made out of now though. Lebron just ripped their hearts out. If they are title worthy, they will win Game 3. If they lose it, imo they will be mentally beaten, to go from playing great in cleveland to getting whipped at home.

Orlando takes a 3-1 lead after a great OT game. LeBron goes for 44 and 10 points in the OT, but it was in vain again. Clutch free-throw shooting from both teams, although Alston missing the last free throw gave me chills. I thought for sure James half-court heave was going in.

Three wins away from Denver-Orlando. The NBA, where "WTF" happens.

Orlando takes a 3-1 lead after a great OT game. LeBron goes for 44 and 10 points in the OT, but it was in vain again. Clutch free-throw shooting from both teams, although Alston missing the last free throw gave me chills. I thought for sure James half-court heave was going in.

Three wins away from Denver-Orlando. The NBA, where "WTF" happens.

That would be the ideal series and a new champion!

Great game between the Lakers and Nuggets. Odom finally got it going, and Kobe was able to score well and dish it out. Gasol was even better than Odom. Big win, since the Nuggets could easily win game 6 in Denver.

Were the Nuggets aware that if they lost tonight their season was over? Someone should have told them.

Denver just rolled over and died tonight.

And seriously, who keeps changing my username? I know it's not me. At least have the courtesy to PM me or something.

Let the LeBron to NY talk resume.

Could be a rough off-season for the Cavs.

It's sad that Al Harrington had a better supporting cast this year than King James. Call me a homer but I would take Lee, Robinson, Chandler and the Rooster over anybody on the Cavs. West, Williams, Wally World and Sideshow Bob have to be the worst supporting cast to ever win 66 games.

I've got the Orlando Magic in 6.

Their mental toughness is just phenomenal.

They've got the kind of nobody-believes-in-us resilience I haven't seen since the 04 Pistons. And I think Dwight finally has the right mindset - Dominate. When Dwight is on, he is a complete monster. Not to mention Orlando has owned LAL this off-season, just like they did Cleveland. As long as he can effectively defend Pau Gasol...

They are not going to be mentally crushed if Kobe plays extremely well. They just stared down a Lebron James who was scoring 40 points regularly, and calmly shrugged off game-winning miracle shot by Lebron.