TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

NBA Offseason chatter

Lakers have a way better team behind Kobe than the team Orlando just beat to get to the finals. Lakers have more versital big men that can guard Lewis and Turkaloo at the 3 pt line unlike Clevland.

Also Orlando shrugged off Lebron's game winning shot but remeber Kobe does that on the regular, no one will be suprised if Kobe hits the game winner because he has done it so many times

So.. How bout that draft I bet the Clippers screw it up again.

I may be in the minority but I don't think Shaq could help in Cleveland much he would be a big name addition no doubt but I think he's too old to put a team over the hump

Jefferson to the Spurs for Bowen Thomas and Alberto to Bucks done deal.

Should make Spurs a lil better while Bucks continue to be irrelavent.

Rumored trade of Rondo and Allen from Boston to Detroit for Stuckie, Prince, and Hammelton but was shot down by Pistons

Free agency has started B. Gorden and C Villienueva to the Pistons, even those both of those guys probably won't help them get over that 6 seed hump in the east.

Reports are that Ariza will go to the Rockets and Artest will be joining the Lakers. I don't know how to feel about this as Artest is a good player but he is older and has had attitude problems in the past. Ariza on the other hand is younger and had some key steals in the finals, hope everything works out for my Lakers

Rockets better do something too since reports are that Yao Ming may miss all of next season and has a possibility to be career ending

Just randomly logged on at a friends...and since I didnt get to discuss last season, here are my comments on the offseason:

Artest to Lakers: The lakers are a worse team now. Artest is a better all around player than Ariza, true, but Ariza is a better shooter when open, and he is useful when the ball is not in his hands. Artest is decent on offense but thinks hes great. He should be the 5th scoring option for the team, but I guarentee they will treat him like the third and that will screw things up. Plus, Ariza is a better perimeter defender at this point in his career, and better on the break. Simply put, the Lakers don't win the championship if not for Ariza last year.

Shaq to Cleveland....for the thousandth time, slasher + post up guy = fail. If ilgaskassagusa could hit his open jumper, the Cavs are champions. If not, they lose to Orlando because the Magic can crowd the lane. Shaq will make sure everyone crowds the lane against the Cavs because his big ass will be down there taking up space. It doesnt work. It never works. Its not going to work here. Dumb trade. Glad he's out of phoenix.

Boston is probably going to win the championship again because of their upgrades, Orlando is going to be worse becuase I don't think people realize how important Turk was to that team(BTW, dear god did Stan Van Gundy lose that title for them or what? Why the hell was Jameer Nelson in the series?) the Raptors have 9 guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective, the Hawks made a good trade for Crawford(he is a better ball hog than Flip Murray) then made a dumb move by resigning Bibby, then made a great move by signing Joe Smith....Good job this offseason guys....you still can't beat Cleveland though.

What else has happened? Pretty much every team that sucked is going to keep sucking and every good team is going to be good. I predict either Suns/Spurs in the finals for the west and Boston in the East. There ya go.

Ripper, no one is going to read or respond to this. This place is more deader than Garfield in those 1987 Halloween comic strips. Did anyone pass info of the Real TSM on to you?

Ironically, he's probably not going to respond, either, since he can't afford internet access where he lives (he did mention he was at a friend's house).