TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zhangmeijie

Who has made WWE more money over the years

Vote for who  

41 members have voted

1. 1. I think the person who made WWE the most is...

• Hogan who else?
    • The rattlesnake made more with inflation!
    • The Rock made more than both!!!
    • Cena may have made the most
    • HHH leaves them all in the dust
    • Vince made more than any of His stars for WWE
    • Other please state who
    • Josh Matthews, the voice of the people.
    • Repo Man

Hogan, Rock and Austin all made huge amounts no doubt. Now some would (probably) argue that Hogan made the most and there is no doubt He probably did. However I'm not so sure Austin didn't make WWE more money and while Rock wouldn't have made them as much as either I am sure He made them a shed load. There are others of course who made a lot of money but the likes of HHH, Cena, Savage Hart, Andre and others wouldn't have made WWE as much money as the big 3 of Hogan, Austin and Rock.

Or could one say that Vince McMahon Himself made WWE the most money?

What are your thoughts?

Austin made more simply based on the fact he had more opportunity to do so - number of PPV's and such.

Yeah thats what I think also, so I voted for Austin.

However do you not think maybe Vince himself has made more than Austin?

There's this great quote, not sure where it came from, might have been Meltzer:

Hogan made Vince a millionaire. Austin made Vince a Billionaire. Stephanie and HHH made him a millionaire again.

There's this great quote, not sure where it came from, might have been Meltzer:

Hogan made Vince a millionaire. Austin made Vince a Billionaire. Stephanie and HHH made him a millionaire again.

I saw that quote before but it is Hogan made Vince a millionaire. Austin made Vince a Billionaire. HHH made him a millionaire again. It doesn't mention Steph. I think it was Meltzer.

Josh Matthews, obviously.

Remember the time he interferred in the JBL/Booker T match at Survivor Series and knocked Orlando Jordan off the apron? That was pure gold, folks.

Austin made more simply based on the fact he had more opportunity to do so - number of PPV's and such.

True. I also think all those trendy t-shirts Austin had that was a lot more accessible than most gaudy wwe gear also helped.

I saw that quote before but it is Hogan made Vince a millionaire. Austin made Vince a Billionaire. HHH made him a millionaire again. It doesn't mention Steph. I think it was Meltzer.

The shareholders also played a part in Vince's company gaining all that equity too. Vince never would have got that big without going public.

The numbers reported in the past by Meltzer are very clear that the only answer can be Austin. His worst year netted the WWF more in profit than Hogan did in his entire run with them.

The WWF scored a profit of $40-$45m from 1984-1992, with £6m being the best single year. (Adjusting for inflation would bring that amount to between $8.12m and $8.98m.) When Austin was on top the smallest profit in a year was $56m.

The numbers reported in the past by Meltzer are very clear that the only answer can be Austin. His worst year netted the WWF more in profit than Hogan did in his entire run with them.

The WWF scored a profit of $40-$45m from 1984-1992, with £6m being the best single year. (Adjusting for inflation would bring that amount to between $8.12m and $8.98m.) When Austin was on top the smallest profit in a year was $56m.

However, it's apples and oranges when you look at the business models. The wwf actually made more money than the NFL in that era.

Plus, those numbers are fishy as well Meltzer stated for Austin. The wwe released info that stated 2007 was their most profitable year with 55 million. So, where is Meltzer getting that 56 million from?

I think the Undertaker needs to be seriously considered in this debate. He's been a main eventer for over a decade straight.

People don't buy tickets or order PPVs to see the Undertaker. Sure, he is a good entertainer, but if he is the main face of your franchise, you are in trouble.

I voted for Hogan. It's hard to compare but quite honestly how much of Austin's run found him as THE unquestioned #1 guy on top? Hogan was the man from 1984 to 1991 with some forays into Savage and Warrior tossed in. But Austin? He had the overarching feud with Vince and during that the feuds with guys more or less on his level (UT, Foley in various gimmicks, HHH, etc.). To me, Austin's time as the top draw was basically from WM 14 through SummerSlam 1999. Not exactly a real lengthy run on top compared to Hogan.