TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

WWE Superstars 4/16/09 Discussion

Results:

Undertaker def. Matt Hardy

Christian def. Finlay

Cody Rhodes def. Shane McMahon via DQ

McMahon goes coast-to-coast on Rhodes to close out the show.

The show as a whole wasnt that bad, has the potential to have some substance to it if they air matches like this (or hopefully better) every week, but ultimately other than the fact that the Christian/Finlay match was for a title shot at the ppv, the hour came off like major filler material to me. I can see the show being hard to balance the quality of it without watering down potential weekly TV main events on any of the three other shows. But time will tell on it, one thing that can be said it is definately a pure wrestling show and one would assume since the gimmick is to air one match from each brand every week, that it will continue to be. Can't really complain about that. With that said though, there wasn't anything really that good here in terms of action, nor was it bad either. Very mixed feelings on the whole concept. One has to wonder that in due time, especially if rating sag, they may try to experiment with this hour a bit and maybe make it an all women show. It's probably doubtful but it would be nice to have this show stand out a bit more long term, even if it means making it an all Diva show or whatnot. WWE has over 20 women in the company, so it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Does anyone in the country even have WGN America in HD anyway? Never knew they even had an HD feed of that channel anywhere.

Yeah, WGN not being in HD is frustrating. I have Insight cable, but here WGN is not on the current HD package. It is in some other Insight markets though (Columbus) as channel 940, but here there's a space between TBS at 939 and FX at 941.

The show was decent enough. Finlay/Christian was a very good match but the other 2 had such silly finishes that it's not worth going out of your way to see. They had a debut show with a countout and DQ, though in both matches those finishes made some sense I suppose.

I only caught the last match. Cody vs Shane was actually somewhat decent aside from the DQ finish. Shane is getting really sloppy with the Terminator, though. He just barely managed to connect with the trashcan with his knee.

Fun fact: Shane McMahon has main-evented the revival episodes of both Saturday Night's Main Event and Superstars.

Fun fact #2: Shane McMahon was also in the main event of the first ever episode of Smackdown.

Does Cody Rhodes ever wear knee pads?

Also, he is indeed rocking the Triforce boots tonight.

he wears them a lot, but on his shins like Ric Flair style

and the triforce boots are awesome lol, he's such a video game nerd IRL it's kind of funny

That would be the best way to slowly turn Rhodes face.

Have Orton trying to do a Legacy locker room meeting only Cody is more interested in playing Guitar Hero.

Then, have Orton and DiBiase mock Rhodes's Legends of WrestleMania T-shirt.

Later, Legacy plots to attack a face who is on Cody's Halo team, so Cody tips off his friend to save him from the beatdown.

It ends with Cody choosing to have fun rather than be a dick heel.

That would be the best way to slowly turn Rhodes face.

Have Orton trying to do a Legacy locker room meeting only Cody is more interested in playing Guitar Hero.

Then, have Orton and DiBiase mock Rhodes's Legends of WrestleMania T-shirt.

Later, Legacy plots to attack a face who is on Cody's Halo team, so Cody tips off his friend to save him from the beatdown.

It ends with Cody choosing to have fun rather than be a dick heel.

Vince would not get ANY of the reference's (except for maybe Legends of Wrestlemania) so there is no way in a hell that would ever happen.

Fun fact: Shane McMahon has main-evented the revival episodes of both Saturday Night's Main Event and Superstars.

Fun fact #2: Shane McMahon was also in the main event of the first ever episode of Smackdown.

Are you sure about that? I swear it was Rock/HHH with Shawn Michaels as the special ref.

Are you sure about that? I swear it was Rock/HHH with Shawn Michaels as the special ref.

bigstockphoto_Check_Yes_431128.jpg