TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Jeff Hardy leaving?

WWE had been trying to sign Jeff Hardy to a new contract. His contract expires in 2- 4 months.The last 2 weeks they've tried to sign him but he's turned down all attempts at a extention and a new deal. WWE has offered him a 1 year extention on his current deal but so far Jeff hardy is saying no. He wants to look at his options outside of wrestling and just take some time off to find his head. WWE is trying to desperately to lock him in . Since he has not signed a deal WWE he been booking Matt stronger and rushing through the feud. If Jeff doesnt sign they look to shoot Matt up to the next level.

PWInsider

So, if Jeff quit, then returned at some point, would that mean he'd have no strikes again?

So, if Jeff quit, then returned at some point, would that mean he'd have no strikes again?

Interesting question. Probably not, but since the wwe writes their own policy, you never know. I've always thought three strikes and you're out was too strict - strikes should expire after a certain time period. It should be like points on your license.

I wonder if Hardy doesn't want to work under two strikes when he'd be fired for life with the 3rd strike. If he could do something else, or go to TNA or wherever for guaranteed money. If he signed an extension with the wwe and relapsed a month later he'd be fired and the money would be gone and TNA couldn't touch him without the negative press.

Jeff Hardy got his WWE Title reign, even if it was only 4 weeks long. He probably feels like there's nothing left for him to do and he's just holding back Matt since he's the more popular Hardy.

Agreed. Jeff reminds me of RVD at this stage, figuring he's won the 1 world title he's ever going to be allowed to win and it might be time to get out while he can. They might refresh his strikes anyway if he left for a while and signed a new deal later.

Agreed. Jeff reminds me of RVD at this stage, figuring he's won the 1 world title he's ever going to be allowed to win and it might be time to get out while he can. They might refresh his strikes anyway if he left for a while and signed a new deal later.

I'm willing to bet that if he does re-sign down the road, then having his strikes reset will probably be part of a new deal.

From Jason Powell @ ProWrestling.Net:

The latest on Jeff Hardy is that he is giving the impression to his friends that he will end up re-signing with WWE before his contract expires in July. The main proponent in Hardy wanting to leave WWE is his mounting frustration with the travel schedule. Since Hardy knows he has negotiating leverage, he will likely ask for a reduced schedule, much like Undertaker's current deal.

Undertaker's current deal only requires him to do TV, International tours, and house shows the weekend before a PPV. In a week in which there's no PPV and they are not out of the country, Undertaker only has to travel to the TV town on Monday, work the show on Tuesday and then immediately head back home after the show, effectively giving him five free days. Of course, there are special times where he is used on Raw.

Hardy will likely ask for a schedule much like that.

Also, Jeff has been negotiating with MTV about a reality show that follows his daily life. Matt & Jeff currently produce the online webseries "The Hardy Show" and the MTV show would likely tie into that.

Thats probably for the best with the schedual Jeff puts his body on the line more than most and he is over like hell he should be able to not beat his body up everynight any more like he was when he was comming up

TNA can adverstise a former world champion and this one can come in and wrestle.

Not to turn this into a TNA discussion but Lashley can't wrestle? Why's that?

TNA can adverstise a former world champion and this one can come in and wrestle.

He's talking about Taz.

Jeff Hardy isn't going anywhere guys don't worry he'll still be around every friday night to entertain you. He's just going to work less house shows, with the Undertaker out again Smackdown needs him more than ever. Doubt he's going to win the title from Edge at the ppv because the belt has gone back and forth so much already

He's talking about Taz.

Hmm, ok. I just figured they advertised a former champ, then Lashley showed up. I would think that was the champ they meant, not some guy that hasn't been on TV yet.

What do Taz and Jeff Hardy have in common? both world champions but not much else I don't think.

Do you think Jeff will win the title from Edge at Judgement Day?

I'd give it a 34% chance